House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slownsteady

Reaction score
I started a thread in the concrete forum about cleaning up after creating concrete dust, but it led me to the bigger question about keeping power tools and other electric/electronic equipment clean after heavy abuse. What do you folks do to clean up power tools? What do you consider basic routine maintenance and what about deeper cleaning? Any sprays that you found to helpful or to avoid?

here's a link to the other thread,as there may be overlap:
https://www.houserepairtalk.com/threads/cleaning-up-after-grinding-concrete.28869/

as far as the concrete dust, I haven't tried it, but, if the occasion should arise, I believe I would wet the concrete down before grinding and keeping it wet.
In my shop/garage I try to collect the sawdust as I create it with a shop vacuum , also I removed the baffle from under the table saw and buile a box to fit the area underneath. most of the sawdust falls into the box. To keep the saw mechanisms clean, I blow it out with my air compressor. unfortunately, I cant contain the dust other than blowing it out frequently, same with the other tools. my broom and lawn blower also helps keeping the garage clean

I have a sacrificial circular saw I use for cutting Hardiplank and concrete. When I'm done cutting I use compressed air to blow it out. Wetting concrete when making the cuts can help. I blow out my rotozip after doing drywall cuts, even with that it died after about 15 years of non-contractor use. It got more use than a typical homeowner would give it, but over the course of 15 years not a year worth of contractors use. I drain my pancake compressor after use.

Latest posts

Back