tree planting location

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albertkao

Reaction score
I want to plant my tree in my backyard.
May I plant it anywhere, especially close to the fence?
Attached are my power line locate plans.
Thanks.

backyard1.jpg

backyard2.jpg

Depends on the type of tree. See if there is a college agricultural extension in your area-- in Florida, UF has extensions that can help answer tree questions (height, width, rooting, etc).

In addition to power, you also need to check for other buried utilities (water, phone/cable, and sewer). Keep well away from your sewer line unless you want to call the plumber every year.

Depends on the type of tree. See if there is a college agricultural extension in your area-- in Florida, UF has extensions that can help answer tree questions (height, width, rooting, etc).

In addition to power, you also need to check for other buried utilities (water, phone/cable, and sewer). Keep well away from your sewer line unless you want to call the plumber every year.

+1 also watch for irrigation lines if you have them... I had to dig up a yard hydrant 3 ft down after the 10+ year old willow tree in our backyard snapped the riser.

Back