TRIMMING TREES WITH A PRESERVATION ORDER

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek84

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I want to get 2 trees trimmed which are in my back garden and have a preservation order.

However, I need to apply to the local council in order to do that. I invited a tree surgeon to have a look at the trees a few days ago, who offered to fill in the application form and says that would cost £150. He went on to say that it is vital to get the wording correct on the application, or else it would be rejected.

Has anyone any experience of this? Shall I complete the application myself and see what happens, or do you think it would be worthwhile spending the £150 and asking the tree surgeon to complete the application?

Thank You

Most posters here are either in the US or Canada so not sure about the UK regulations. IMHO you're probably better off getting a couple of quotes from tree surgeons and have them handle the paperwork when you select the one you want to use.

Also from the US so unsure on UK regulations but it might be worth talking to the local council to see if they have approved/recommended tree surgeons.

Back