Troubleshooting Whirlpool Dishwasher

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolfy

Reaction score
I've been trying to troubleshoot a Whirlpool 900 series dishwasher and have hit a wall. There is no power at all to the panel so after checking power to the washer and the main breaker I pulled the front cover off to check the thermal fuse and I just can't find it! I see the spot in where the main board is that usually has the fuse attached to it but there's nothing there. Attached pic shows where I would have thought it would have been. Help!

20180202_134700.jpg

If off please post the exact model number of this dishwasher.

Some dishwasher panels will not illuminate until the door latch is securely fastened.

You said you checked power at the breaker but did you check the power at the connection point to the dishwasher. Could be something simple as a loose connection, Verify that you have the proper power right up to the connection point of the dishwasher before you start digging into the circuit board area. Circuit boards are very sensitive to static electric shock and can easily be shorted out. How is this dishwasher connected to the power, direct connect or cord and plug?

The model number for the dishwasher is WDT910SAYM2. It's cord and plug and has power going to it. This washer has the panel on the top of the door and would be illuminated while the door is open so you know what options you've chosen. Here's a generic pic of the same model to show that the panel is hidden when closed.

s-l300.jpg

To attack this I'd want to start by looking at a wiring schematic of the dishwasher, and do a point to point check of your line (power) until it stops. Many things can fail in an appliance like your board or capacitors, but I'd do that simple check first. And if there is supposed to be a fuse there, a schematic will show that.

Back