Under Counter RO System - hooking the drain line up - options?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nh_handyman

Reaction score
Several months ago I put in an under the counter RO system - it came with a saddle-style connection to connect to the sink's drain line.
It also came with a 'if you are installing this in the state of MA, you must call a licensed plumber as saddle connections are not allowed'

Well, I grew up in MA and their silly rules involving homeowners DIY projects - but I'm in NH now....

However, once in a while this drain saddle connections backs up.

What I want to know from MA plumbers is how would they plum in the drain (1/4") line for an under the counter RO system?

Note I also have a dishwasher connected to the drain (above the saddle). This is connected to a connection on the vertical drain line itself (it was manufactured with this connection).

They might make a dual but I haven’t seen it. I would just stack two singles with a short nipple between them. That is if you have the room. New plumbing and working around what you have can be two different things.

Easy fix!

(assuming you know to shut the water off 😬 and that feed is not behind a wall)

Cut the feed use a Sharkbite tee and a short piece of Pex with on of these

1633781849801.png

Easy fix!

(assuming you know to shut the water off 😬 and that feed is not behind a wall)

Cut the feed use a Sharkbite tee and a short piece of Pex with on of these

View attachment 26775
Hamburg, I’ve been looking for something like this for another project.... I googled “Sharkbite tee” but did not find this exact style... lots of common Tee’s but not this one with the shutoff valves... you have any more information on this actual device?... thanks

Hamburg, I’ve been looking for something like this for another project.... I googled “Sharkbite tee” but did not find this exact style... lots of common Tee’s but not this one with the shutoff valves... you have any more information on this actual device?... thanks
I found it, it’s called a “SHARKBITE SHUTOFF VALVE... thanks for your post, you’ve solved a nagging problem I’ve had for the last couple of weeks now

Back