Under the kitchen sink. Older pipe

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucksfan45

Reaction score
Hello,just found this website and hope I can get some advice.
I included pictures of the problem I am having. And wanted to get some advice and how to proceed.
The leak appears to be coming from just above where the tape is wrapped. A small drip that does not go away. This obviously has the wife upset. Also,I included a picture of the overall setup under the sink. Is there a simpler way I could redo the pipes? Any suggestions are appreciated.Thanks
I rent this place so I have limits on how much I can actually tear down and rebuild.
Thanks
Brian

IMG_00000032.jpg

IMG_00000035.jpg

IMG_00000034.jpg

[I]And wanted to get some advice and how to proceed.[/I]

Start by dialing the number of your landlord and ask him/her to fix the problem.

I'm not following how it gets from the top picture to the bottom picture but I don't see anything there that would be left when I got done with the job....

I'm not sure where the "Landlord" advice came from but if there is one...
Don't mess with the landlords pipes....

Last edited:
Brian says I rent this place so I have limits on how much I can actually tear down and rebuild.

Ahhh missed that!

Yep... Musta been drawn to the ugly plumbing pictures already...

Don't do anything without the landlords blessing...

The fist 2 pics are from your sink issue?....
And the last is what you want it to look like once fixed?.... After you get permission although usually super would fix unless you tell them you know how to fix things like that or the landlord doesn't want to be bothered? Post another pic pan it out so we can see we're the pipe goes after the trap.

It needs a whole new baskit strainer, anytime you work on plumbing that old something else is going to break. Call the land lord.

Back