Universal sink popup replacement

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy55

Reaction score
I replaced the broken BALL ROD which attaches to the drain with a universal model and it works fine. However I also replaced the POPUP with a "universal" model which is almost exactly the same as the old one, but has two holes at the bottom (where the end of the BALL ROD in inserted) instead of one hole. I can't get the "universal" POPUP to work now, regardless of which hole on the bottom of the POPUP I use. (I had forgotten which hole was previously used on the PULL ROD ASSEMBLY, so I looked at my other bathroom, and it uses the second hole from the bottom, so that's where I inserted the new BALL ROD). I placed the new and old POPUPS side by side, and it looks to me that the BALL ROD would have to be positioned exactly where the plastic piece is that divides the two holes. I bought the popup at Lowes, because it said universal, and I don't have a clue what kind of sink I have (might be a delta) but it is in a modular home. Is there any way to get a universal popup to work, and what should I do?

Welcome Chippy:
The part of the pop-up that has the holes in it may be 'off center' and you may have turned the holes to the back of the sink. Try turning the pop-up 180* and see if it will travel farther.
Glenn

Latest posts

Back