Using Concrete Bonding Adhesives

Help Support House Repair Talk:

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
Maybe I am over-thinking this. This is my first work with stucco. I want to repair the stucco that exist over the brick chimney. The area of concern (estimated to be 48" wide x 4" high x 1-2" deep) is just above the foundation base for the chimney. I plan to brush on a coat of Concrete Bonding Adhesive (CBA) to the existing exposed area. Per the Quikrete manufactures instructions this would be undiluted. I also have received recommendations to add some CBA to the stucco I mix up. And that's my stumbling block. I am not finding any water-to-CBA mixing ration recommendations on the Quikrete web site or the internet. When mixing up a small batch of stucco (LaHabra), 5 or 10 lbs, How much CBA is appropriate to add without causing the stucco mix to become too thin ?
For example, if I mix up 5 Lbs of stucco, I calculate I should be using 12 oz (1.5c) water (+/-). Mixing up 10 Lbs, I should start with 24 oz (3c) water.
Thank you in advance,

Snoonyb

Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The Lahabra is aggregate based, so just add to a workable consistency.

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
The Lahabra is aggregate based, so just add to a workable consistency.
I appreciate the quick response. As this is my first work with stucco, are you indicating I should use the CBA in place of water ? Please advise.

Snoonyb

Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I would, because of the small area.

Latest posts