Vermiculite found in wall

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unbrokenspark

Reaction score
I was ripping up lathe and discovered some vermiculite and it definitely got airborne and then I found another spot I didn’t mess with that one.

What are my options here there’s not a lot, should I shop vac it put it in the trash? Call someone?? Not sure what to do. I just thought about leaving this spot and sweeping whats on the floor back into the wall and flipping the floor osb. and leaving it alone. thoughts??

Attachments

• CB7C8E48-E000-48BC-B1A6-DC500667E99C.jpeg
    CB7C8E48-E000-48BC-B1A6-DC500667E99C.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
If this is your personal home; Suit up and get rid of it. Keep handling to a minimum. No shop vac.
If this is a job your on, your required to hire an abatement company to get rid of it, if it's in your way.

If this is your personal home; Suit up and get rid of it. Keep handling to a minimum. No shop vac.
If this is a job your on, your required to hire an abatement company to get rid of it, if it's in your way.
Yeah this is my home, tyvec suit and a dusk mask ya think? maybe just use a dust pan into a garbage bag?

Alright thanks for the comment, i was changin a window last year and some was falling from the top sill and i thought it was dried dead bugs lol now i found for in this project i googled it! im probably gonna spray with a little water too keep the dust down.

So I swept up most of it there’s some hanging from ceiling in between studs I’ll prolly push it back up but should I be worried that my attic has this??

Back