Vessel Sink Question

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesedays

Reaction score
Hello there !!

I didn't place this in the plumbing section because I don't think it's a plumbing question !!

I ordered a kraus vessel sink and waterfall faucet which was delivered yesterday. Prior to ordering the sink I measured my current drop in sink at 21in. Therefore, I thought the "standard" vessel sink of 16.5 in was okay.

However, the sink looks HUGE and the faucet even more so !! In the enclosed instructions it shows how many inches the faucet must be from the back splash and how many inches it must be from the sink as well. Are these mandatory or just suggestions?

My counter top is only 21 3/4 in depth so I may run out of room for inches !! Does this size sound sufficient to you ???

Welcome TheseDays:
The measurements are suggested for optimal use of the sink; they are not set in concrete.
Glenn

Just guessing but, the measurements are probably to center the spout into the sink. This reduces splashing.

I installed a vessel sink with the hopes of putting the filler behind the sink as well. I ran into the same problem, the sink was just too big (16.5" also). With the faucet behind it looked very crowded. I put the filler off to the side of the sink. I actually prefer this look more. You can see the filler now. I thought my wife would hate the idea of it off to the side, but she agreed that it looked better that way.

Latest posts

Back