Vinly siding products and experiences

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catatonic

Reaction score
:confused: I would love some feedback about peoples experiences with vinyl siding, what products they have been pleased with, any cautionary tales, etc. I am putting the siding over T-11 vertical siding, and I am going with a horizontal siding. It is primarily to update the look of the house and help it blend in with it's new neighbors. I am SHOCKED at the cost to have it done. $16,000. to $25,300. And we are really only doing 1/2 the house as the bottom portion of the house is brick. So yikes. We have recieved two bids, one from a "structure" distributor, and Sears. Do you have anything to share?

The product is cost driven....the more expensive the better.

Absolutely get someone in your area who's work you can see first hand.
To many non-siders out there installing products the wrong way.
Contact a vinyl siding distributor in your area for some names of competent folks...then start interviewing.

Don't rely on the best warranty...if the product is installed wrong...no warranty. Then court.

You get what you pay for.

Hopefully.:D

Please post back with some particulars like housewrap, siding manufacturer and contractor experience so we can give you some advice on what to ask about.

Latest posts

Back