Vinyl at Threshold

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spicoli43

Reaction score
In prepping for Vinyl to go in at the entrance to the garage, I'm wondering what to do. Pull up the threshold and tuck it under, or put it flush up against the threshold like the linoleum is. What would you do?

Attachments

• Thresh.JPG
    Thresh.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 7
I'd just repeat what you have there. No use looking for trouble.

And if you raise it, will it cause a trip hazard until you become use to it.

And if you raise it, will it cause a trip hazard until you become use to it.

No, because I have to remove the underlayment, or the entrance on the other side becomes a trip hazard when I remove the old fake wood flooring, which is slightly higher than the vinyl. Adding the vinyl on top of the underlayment will make the entrance at the transition strip too high, I think.

One way to find out, and I would love to prove myself wrong, but I'm not seeing any other way.

That wood piece looks like an adjustable threshold which comes as part of a pre-hung door jamb.

I think if you take it off, it might not adjust up and down with flooring stuck under it.

That wood piece looks like an adjustable threshold which comes as part of a pre-hung door jamb.

I think if you take it off, it might not adjust up and down with flooring stuck under it.

It could be, it's form fit around the jamb and it does come up a little bit, but wanting to tuck it under is moot now, as the vinyl lines up a lot better than I expected. It looks like all I have to do is remove the old caulking, and then decide whether I need anything. Maybe a thin bead of clear silicone if anything.

Door 1.JPGDoor 2.JPG

Back