Walkway between house and garage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swimmer_spe

Reaction score
I have a 5 foot wide space between my house and garage. Currently, half has concrete slab type patio stones the other half is grass. The concrete slabs are sloped away from the garage, to the middle of the space.

The problem - when it rains, water builds up in the middle and takes a while to drain.
The bigger problem - in winter, ice builds up there.

Would switching out the concrete slabs that are 24x16 each to pavers be a good solution? Should I replace the other half of grass or leave it?

Do you have a photo, because I can't tell if the distance from your house to the garage is 5', or there is a 5' distance between your garage and the house and the walkway is 30+ft. long and half of the distance is covered with pavers.

Do you have a photo, because I can't tell if the distance from your house to the garage is 5', or there is a 5' distance between your garage and the house and the walkway is 30+ft. long and half of the distance is covered with pavers.

The distance between the house and the garage walls are 5 feet. The total length would be about 10 feet. It is not covered with pavers yet.

Back