Wall Finishes ideas

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmitocet

Reaction score
I have just recently repainted my house and even though it looked nice, there was still something missing. I went on a website hunt for ideas, and I have found a website that gave me a lot of ideas. It is worth to check out for your selfs.

About the Artist

If anyone has any other ideas please throw them at me.

I went to that web page and I noticed that the artist is also painting murals on floors.

If you're going to do that, be certain that the paint you're using dries to a hard enough film to stand up well on a floor. If you can, use a polyurethane FLOOR paint for solid colours. Alternatively, it's also possible to simply tint small quantities of a polyurethane hardwood floor finish in a paint tinting machine to make different colours. Be aware that paints get their "hide" from the white or coloured pigments and clear, transluscent or white extender pigments in them. A high gloss hardwood floor finish won't have any extender pigments in it to lower it's gloss, but the semi-gloss and satin floor finishes will, and should hide better than high gloss. Also, if you tint small quantities of hardwood floor polyurethane in a paint tinting machine, be aware that some of the colours will hide better than others because:

a) some pigments are more opaque than others, and

b) pigments vary in size, and size plays an important role in refraction of light. Certain size pigments bend certain frequencies of light better than larger or smaller size pigments, and the more light is bent passing through the paint film, the longer it's path and the more of it is absorbed, promoting better hide.

Best to experiment a bit first.

You DON'T want to use latex (aka: acrylic) paints on a floor because they're just not hard enough. Dirt and dust that settles on the floor will be ground into the paint underfoot to make your mural into a mess in a short time.

Last edited:
Back