Wall Paneling UNDER Laminate Floor???

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin98

Reaction score
This is kind of a shot in the dark, I have a pile of extra wall paneling and I'm in the middle of redoing a small bathroom, I need to use something to just bump up the floor a little bit to match the flooring in the hallway and considered using some of my wall paneling flipped pattern down and attaching the laminate to the back side of it. Thoughts of doing this???

Update - Vinyl flooring NOT a Laminate

Last edited:
I'm more concerned about the use of laminate flooring in the bathroom. Baths, showers, overflowing toilets, the occasional water fight will not be kind to laminate flooring.

After some discussion, I'm correcting my initial post as I'm using vinyl flooring not a laminate.

When they installed new vinyl flooring in my kitchen/breakfast area they put down a 1/4" plywood over the old flooring. This gave it something smooth and clean to bond to. The problem with paneling is the lines in the material may bleed through, even if you turn it upside down. I'd reccomend using new thin ply if it were me. There isn't a whole lot of cost in doing the whole floor. Just my :2cents:

Back