Was this done right? Can you tell me what's going on here?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billbill84

Reaction score
So aside from a million other issues going on with my house and windows, while investigating moisture on back of the "green part" which is either the window flange or head flashing.
In the pic it looks like I can see the green part on top of window, house wrap behind that, but the thing that gets me is that up in the top corner you can see the steel lintel that's supporting the brick veneer outside. It looks as though that green part is tucked up behind the lintel. I guess that would have to mean the windows were installed prior to the bricking veneer installation. Is this correct? Is it still possible to replace this window frame and all if that's what's going on? Doesn't seem right

Attachments

• IMG_0942.JPG
    IMG_0942.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 9
So aside from a million other issues going on with my house and windows, while investigating moisture on back of the "green part" which is either the window flange or head flashing.
In the pic it looks like I can see the green part on top of window, house wrap behind that, but the thing that gets me is that up in the top corner you can see the steel lintel that's supporting the brick veneer outside. It looks as though that green part is tucked up behind the lintel. I guess that would have to mean the windows were installed prior to the bricking veneer installation. Is this correct? Is it still possible to replace this window frame and all if that's what's going on? Doesn't seem right
Now you would cut the flange and leave that there and replace it with one with out flanges. Prepping that for new windows in another can of worms.

Doubt you have leaks in that brick window, I would spay foam all that opening.
Yep that window is good turns out it's leaking from the window above!

Attachments

• IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 1
Back