Water connectors???

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy555

Reaction score
Hey there!!

1st.. I am a handyman, have been for the last 35 years...

So... the water cooler (snake shaped plastic container in fridge compartment) has developed a hairline crack. That's not the problem though, I've repaired that, BUT the lines that I cut to remove it are 5/16" lines and I can find no where to find connectors to re-attach the lines. It's easy to fine 1/4" or 3/8" but can find nowhere for the 5/16". They are poly lines and I was hoping to find the "push-in" connectors, but anything that will work is fine.

Any contacts Guys???

The peoplethat design these appliances really suck when they do this.
I could go on but I will spare you!

Thanks,
Johnboy

I've spent more than 1 1/2 hours on the web, to all kinds of different parts sites. the part I need is not part of the appliance, so no model # would do any good. And most of these sites don't have a clue about a repair part that isn't on their list!! All that these places are good for is "remove and replace". They know nothing about repair. My company moto is "If it's broken I can fix it!" Why spend $200 when a $2 part can "repair" it. I've been doing this for 35 years and my customers are pretty happy with the way I work.

ANYWAY... (I can get long winded), all I needed was a connector (union) that would work on a 5/16" poly line. Standard size for almost all "water-in-door" fridges.

I called my old supplier in Chicago and he is sending me 2...with shipping they are $20.
So I kept looking (for future use) and found Coast Appliance parts, Coast Appliance Parts Co.here in Calif. Less than $3 each and just a 15 min drive. When I talked to them it was a REAL person that actually had some idea of what I wanted, WOW

Why spend $200 when a $2 part can "repair" it.

My pet peeve, too. Or when a part is no longer available, but a simple repair is all that is needed - like a loose soldered connection.

When I talked to them it was a REAL person that actually had some idea of what I wanted, WOW

Now that is rare. These days you can buy a $1000 airline ticket, but they'll charge you an extra $50 to talk to a person- who is probably in Bombay, anyway.

Back