Water seeping in on top of interior side of wood window! This why?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billbill84

Reaction score
IMG_0171.PNG IMG_0181.JPG IMG_0188.JPG IMG_0255.JPG IMG_0256.JPG IMG_0257.PNG Hello all. The other night while raining I noticed the very top of the inside of window had some dripping(see pic). The window directly above it was immediately suspect so the next day I went upstairs and pulled the trim off the window and saw something very odd going on at both corners of that upstairs window, it looks like the bottom flashing was cut too short? I can stick a piece of wire from inside and it will protrude to the outside!!! Why is this? This some kind of moron weep hole gone wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you'll have to find out how extensive the rot is. If this has been going on for a while, you could have a mess in the wall.

The question of "why" usually relates to money not spent by the customer or builder.

Looks like you'll have to find out how extensive the rot is. If this has been going on for a while, you could have a mess in the wall.

The question of "why" usually relates to money not spent by the customer or builder.
Yeah I'm pretty worried about what we will find when we replace the window upstairs because the window below it that had the seepage issue, outside of that window's rotted ply wood is brick on the exterior!!! This might be scary

Attachments

• IMG_0286.PNG
    IMG_0286.PNG
    330.5 KB · Views: 2
Back