Weather stripping on an interior French door - fix or replace?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

Flyover

Trying not to screw things up worse
Reaction score
The rubbery weather stripping on the French door to my sun room is hanging on by a thread. The baby actually likes to come and tug on it. Is there a type of glue I can use to secure it back in place? Or do I need to remove it and replace with a new one?

kok328

Reaction score
Try some E6000 industrial adhesive first. If that doesn't work then replace it after the baby is old enough to follow instruction.
E6000

anayaraferry

Reaction score
French doors fit any interior and will have their place in a room decorated in a restrained classic style, luxurious antique or modern. It looks winning and attractive, but sometimes it's a problem with a small child. Especially if your child is so fond of tugging on that rubber seal. Soon it will tear off altogether, and there's no point in gluing it back on. It's better to remove the seal and do a replacement because the glue is only a temporary option. And if you have a white door, the stains will still be noticeable. Think carefully and decide, so you don't ruin something.

Flyover

Trying not to screw things up worse
Reaction score
Looking closer at it I realize the rubber seal is actually torn, and it's a torn piece that is loose. Gotta just buy a new one.