Weird fisher & paykel drain problem

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good solve!

Maybe you can make a more permanent repair, with silicone bath caulk, JB Weld, or similar adhesives.

I think there also might be a clear version of Flex Tape, or clear outdoor duct tape.

Agreed. I'm slightly concerned about the dishwasher's heat & humidity on the tape. However, this super-duty tape was handy and has held really well for me on other repairs - also, it's easy to diagnose and redo if the tape fails.

We have the same draining problem with F&P dishdrawer. Upper drawer leaving quite a lot of dirty water in bottom after wash . Have had technicians three times - each time problem goes away for 3 or 4 weeks then returns. Have done the cleaning/checking for debris thing each time. None of this make sense and don’t understand many of the terms used on this site. Any ideas? ( ps can’t access drain hoses without removing whole dishwasher so haven’t tried yet as worried might stuff the whole thing! )

I have not read through this thread for quite a while now.

But I have a client with two of these double drawer units. With the same draining issue.

Twice the partial draining problem was just food crud mush building up in the Y adapter that accepts both drain hoses.

But another time, I was stumped so the client called for service.
And somehow, replacing the main spray arm solved the partial draining issue.

Back