Welding cart

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakuda

Reaction score
My old mig cart was made from bed frames cut up and welded together. Yes, it was cheaper. It also left much to be desired.

This past weekend, I bought one of these:
Craftsman 2 Tray Service Cart

They were on sale for $40. I would watch Sears for the price to drop again.

After I put it together, I had a thought: Why not cut a hold in the top tray for the air tank? So, I did. I cut a hose and used that for the edge of the hole.

Nice, easy, cheap welding cart. If I had to do it again, I would've put the hole on the other side. I'll just switch the handle one of these days

I picked up another, since the stick welder will fit on the bottom shelf. I just have to put it together around the welder.

attachment.jpg

Saw a new design for a cheap welding cart that used to C sections of tubing to give it a lot of rigidity. My cheap cart was a starting point and I needed to weld on reinforcing straps to keep it from wobbling when pulled around. I always end up adding a tube for rods as well so every cart is only a starting point.

I like what you did with that Mig Cart. For $40 bucks isn't a bad deal. Just wanted to let everyone in on a newer model for about $45 bucks I found. You could find em on ebay for probably $40, but they look durable, and useful. :cool:

Here is the link - Mig Welding Cart with Tank Storage

Latest posts

Back