Wet floors, no water pressure

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum' started by parrotdr, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Aug 7, 2011 #1

parrotdr

parrotdr

parrotdr

I walked into my father's home yesterday (unoccupied at the moment, hadn't been there for over a month) and the carpets and floors were wet in half of the house. There is no water pressure. The A/C was running but not cooling (left it set on 80). No evidence of busted water heater or pipe. Plumber told me on the phone the A/C could have backed up, overflowed, and somehow cut water pressure? Can't get an expert out there yet. Can the A/C mess the plumbing up like that? I turned it off, opened the windows. Need to go back, pull carpets, etc., and get a plumber and A/C guy out there.

Any ideas?

Oh Yeah---years ago he had some pipes break under the slab and had tunnels dug, and all redone. Could be a recurrence?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  2. Aug 7, 2011 #2

Redwood

Redwood

Redwood

Certified Lunatic

If your father had a leak sensing water shut off install the a/c backing up mak have tripped it. That would be the only way I know of where a water leak could shut off the water unless a pipe was completely broken and cut off the water path

Without more information I can't tell you anything from here but I would say that you should get someone there ASAP to find out what is going on...

3. Aug 13, 2011 #3

BASSHOLE82

BASSHOLE82

BASSHOLE82

No the a/c can not do that.

4. Aug 15, 2011 #4

lloyd

lloyd

lloyd

5. Aug 31, 2011 #5

housediy

housediy

housediy

6. Aug 31, 2011 #6

parrotdr

parrotdr

parrotdr

Turns out the neighbor had shut the water off some days before when he saw water coming out of the house...he just didn't tell me. I pipe had burst behind one of the bathtubs, and the other side of the wall was behind a kitchen cabinet. The plumber turned the water on and listened around until he heard the telltale sound of the water shooting out of a pipe.

Pulled the carpets, knocked some sheetrock out, and cleanup continues!

7. Aug 31, 2011 #7

nealtw

nealtw

nealtw

Contractor retired

Good neighbor to bad it wasn't good news too.