What are my options if I want to remove these pavers?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilyaz

Reaction score
My driveway has a border made of pavers. The only reason for having them is that if I remove them my neighbor will get flooded during heavy rains. These pavers are a pain when mowing and they are ugly. I want to get rid of them. If I want to direct rainwater toward the street instead of into his yard, what are my options? For example, can add a concrete path to the left of my driveway that will be higher than the driveway and so will provide a barrier (see the mockup in one of the photos)? Other options? As you can see, it's close to the property line so whatever I add can't be too wide. Not sure what my city's code is about how close to the line I can get but I hope I have enough space wide for a large wheeled garbage bin. TIA!
d1.jpgd2.jpgd3.jpg

The only reason for having them is that if I remove them my neighbor will get flooded during heavy rains.

Those things actually prevent water from going somewhere? Is it because of the mound of dirt around them?

Those things actually prevent water from going somewhere? Is it because of the mound of dirt around them?

Some of them are still upright, some on their sides and, yes, this plus the dirt and grass around them makes a barrier

The cheapest, fastest way would be to remove them and add metal edging.

Back