What are some things I can do with that slab of masonry that came with the house?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispycabbages

Reaction score
It was sitting in the yard. Don't know much about it. Hoping I can get some ideas before I end up throwing/giving it away.

Measurements about 60 x 50 x 1 inches.

Thanks!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 23
Lay it flat and put your garbage cans on it. :dunno:

Polish it (or tile it) and make a picnic table top.

It's to thin to be of much good.
I'd set my generator on it, trash cans is also another good suggestion.

Not a good tabletop. Could crack and collapse unexpectedly and spill all the food and drinks onto the ground.

Would make a table too heavy when combined with adequate structure underneath to prevent such spillage.

Why too heavy? I seldom move a picnic table.

I did not know 1" thick masonry tabletops were vulnerable to sudden cracking. Masonry bathroom vanity tops are typically that thickness, aren't they? Is the risk because it's outdoors and subject to changing temperature extremes?

If you built the support structure so it featured a (well-hidden) sheet of OSB or plywood glued right underneath the masonry, and then a sound wooden structure under that, then even a through-crack in the masonry wouldn't be catastrophic.

That said, another possible use is to artfully score it and then break or cut it into pieces and use the pieces as pavers to make a kind of stepping-stone path.

Use it as a base for an outdoor fire pit or chiminea. If ashes blow onto it they won't ignite.

Latest posts

Back