What are these for?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilyaz

Reaction score
Was cleaning my shed and found these old tools. Does anyone know what any of these are for? Thx!IMG_20190803_055913.jpg IMG_20190803_055918.jpg IMG_20190803_055924.jpg IMG_20190803_055936.jpg

I’ll make some guesses.

The wrench with the chain attached was for a hand grinder or something and the chain was attached to something so it would be easy to find. The other wrench was to hold the spindle of the grinder or saw from turning. The crooked thing could be some kind of spanner to reach into tight spot. The thing with the flat spring nutted on the end with the hole thru it looks like a hold down for a jig saw the hole is for the tube to blow chips away. The last two things you have me stumped, they look like something to swivel and hold a last-word indicator but not sure what they attach to.

What ever you do don’t throw this stuff away even if you will never use it. I have boxes of such items myself.

What ever you do don’t throw this stuff away even if you will never use it. I have boxes of such items myself.

Thanks! As much as hate to throw away things that are of use to someone, unless I find someone who needs any of these, they'll be collecting dust in a corner of my shed. So I am not throwing these away for now, but won't be holding them forever.

Looks like bicycle repair tools to me. Spanner wrench to tighten handlebars, wrench for bicycle axles, tire deflators, cable clamps to adjust brakes, and tire replacement bars.

Back