What comes first? Appliances or Cabinets?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn_S

Reaction score
Like the title says...Do I install my appliances prior to the cabinet team installing the cabinets, or wait until after? There will be fills around the stove and the fridge will have side panels.

I've usually seen the cabinets go in first then the appliances and any trim then gets added around the appliances. You do need to know the dimensions of your appliances though. If you tried to put the appliances in first you wouldn't have the cabinets as a guide for where they should go & might have to move them afterward. It is easier for the installers to work without the appliances in the room so they don't damage them, then bring them in & finish up.

I pick the appliances measure them and apply that in the order for the cupboards. The appliances come in last.

Cabinets first as you already assumed. Also, helpful tip to have them work without the appliances to avoid damaging them in any way... learned that after the fact.

Latest posts

Back