What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is not

i would post a picture, but it is my butt and Zanne might get all excited !!!:hide:
:rofl::rofl:
LOL! I think I have some photos on the harddrive still that have my father's butt during and after surgery (for repairing damage after a botched one where they removed his cocyx).

I'm so happy for you that you got the vacuum off though. Must have really sucked (pun intended).

Hope you continue to heal up smoothly.
Save

LOL! I think I have some photos on the harddrive still that have my father's butt during and after surgery (for repairing damage after a botched one where they removed his cocyx).
Why would those be sitting on your hard drive? By now you shoulda sent them to CVS to be printed and framed, or made into Christmas cards you could mail out to everyone!

LOL! Thanks. I needed the laugh.

Just buried my brother's dog. I heard a yelping barking and realized it didn't sound right. I went to the living room and asked my mother if Fippy was barking. She said it was Shiro. I said it didn't sound right. So I went outside and saw him rolling around on the ground like he was fighting/wrestling with something. Got closer and realized he was having a massive seizure and just flailing like crazy. I told my mother he was dying and then messaged a friend who had borrowed my shovel that I needed it back. He came out and stood with me and tried to see what we could do to comfort the dog, but there really wasn't anything to do. Poor thing. Looks like some type of poisoning. My friend mentioned he saw the mosquito poison truck coming out my way yesterday. My other dog, Tina, died in a similar manner after the mosquito poison truck sprayed in my yard. Although, she had paralysis and sporadic seizures. This was nonstop seizures like when Shiro's sister died of antifreeze poisoning (deliberately from that jerkwad who is still free). I don't know if someone is deliberately poisoning my animals, or what is going on. But that is the 3rd pet to die from what seems like poisoning and the 5th pet of ours to die this year. I don't know WTF is going on.

Just in case, I'm going to call the city and tell them to make sure their mosquito spraying trucks stay the hell out of my yard. Shortly before Tina and Captain Fluffy died, they pulled into my yard, backed up with the poison sprayer facing my house and stopped-- just spraying directly on my truck and the front of my house for a good two minutes before leaving. They aren't even supposed to enter the yard at all. They used to just turn around at my gate instead of coming inside.

Had to "fix" my water pump this morning. Last night the water stopped working. Breaker was on but the pump wasn't running. I went out and tested the pump that pulls water in to the cistern (by pushing down on the float) and it was working. Pressed the reset button on the pump but it didn't work, so then I just gently tugged on the wires going to the pump and it kicked on. Must have shorted out. I'm guessing some wires are fried and will need to be replaced. I really need to get a whole house surge protector, but don't know what kind to get for certain.

Also, I finally got off my a** and cleaned the litterboxes. After I cleaned and refilled the first one with fresh litter, one of the cats decided she just absolutely *had* to go-- but she went in one of the dirty ones-- the last one on the end. I had to be careful when cleaning that one, but got all four cleaned out and filled with fresh stuff. Later on I'm going to clean up the one my brother is supposed to be responsible for because he's not going to do it. But I'll wait until he's home so he can keep kittens out from underfoot. Some of them have become proficient little climbers already.

Now I'm just waiting for my mother to wake up so I can make her dinner. I'm thinking she might like some soup.

It sounds like a wire is just loose and could be tighten up.
Possibly, although the last time this happened it was because a power surge damaged the wires and the pump guy had to replace them. But, the pump was shutting off repeatedly and I had to keep going out and tugging the wires to get them at the right angle. Pump guy showed me that one of the wires in the cable had burned.
Even if it's not burned and is just loose, it would still be a good idea to get the surge protector.

Made an A-frame birdhouse out of flooring samples. Climbed about 15 feet up one of the trees in my yard and hung up the birdhouse.

image[1].jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I've been building a pole cover for firewood, I need to finish the roof and put gravel down.

I cooked beef stroganoff for the first time for my mother. I used a Hamburger Helper mix and it turned out pretty good. Wish it had been more specific about heat settings, but I figured things out ok and it was pretty easy. Turned out ok. My mother actually liked it.

Was sick last night (unrelated to the food) and lost some of my dinner. Then I was shivering and having horrible abdominal pain. Took some painkillers and went to lie down and grabbed a couple of cats to use as heating pads. One stayed against my abdomen and warmed me, the other climbed on my shoulder and laid down across my side and purred for me. At one point another cat came in and walked on my face but I was too tired to move.

I've been trying to help my friend find a cheap used washing machine. He's going to give it to his ex and take back his good washing machine. He already took back his fridge after finding a replacement for her (she was really pissed about it though and had a tantrum-- fortunately she didn't break anything though).

Zanne, you need to concentrate on your own health. It seems all you do is care for others.... let's take care of yourself for a change!

Zanne, you need to concentrate on your own health. It seems all you do is care for others.... let's take care of yourself for a change!
Thank you. I'm fine now. Just a little stomach bug that was going around. I had years of being spoiled and taken care of by my parents. My mother takes care of me financially now so taking care of her is my job. I just wish I had the energy and motivation I had in my early 20s before I got hit with mono. I'd be getting a lot more done.

Chris, great idea-- making the cover for the firewood. Hope it goes well. Are you posting pics of your fixes and projects anywhere? I'd love to see the pictures if there are any.

Latest posts

Back