What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We gripe if they start expressing hate for America and Americans...
Some do some don't, can't lump them all together, imo, any more than any other group. That is one of the major problems we have these days, it's all or nothing regardless of the topic. If the kneeling for the anthem is the bar then by far most stand and love the USA. In some sports many are not from the US but most still stand. One thing I find funny is that before athletes started kneeling for the national anthem TV never showed he national anthem before a game unless it was the Super Bowl or the World Series. Now they show it all the time just to see what happens. Controversy draws views. It's what they're in business to do I guess.

I live in Toledo, Ohio so a fan of Toledo and Ohio State college football, but firmly boycott all America-hating pro sports now...

Yeah, I mainly feel sports should be played rather than watched, so mostly just keep track of games in passing while doing other things, don't sit and watch for long... although realize as we get older, we can participate in sports less and tend to watch more...
Hey we're neighbors. Lived in toledo area my whole life.

I live in Toledo, Ohio so a fan of Toledo and Ohio State college football, but firmly boycott all America-hating pro sports now...

Yeah, I mainly feel sports should be played rather than watched, so mostly just keep track of games in passing while doing other things, don't sit and watch for long... although realize as we get older, we can participate in sports less and tend to watch more...

Toledo and OSU are rivals?

I do assume you hate Michigan by birth.

Yeah, 3 major storms thus far I think.

I'm still tired from yesterday. My friend said he went to cut some overhanging backsplash off the countertop last night and the saw kicked back and split the countertop. I think he means where the backsplash connects to the counter. I was going to suggest gluing and clamping but I think he already cut more of it off. If he'd listened to me from the very beginning we could have easily cut that countertop on my tablesaw before he first installed it. I'm waiting for him to respond with pictures. He said something about needing a 2x4 or something.

My vision is blurry and my brain is not fully awake. I think I'll take my meds and nap longer. I racked out yesterday but mom woke me up in the middle of the night to cook for her.

Pro athletes are teenage and 20-something guys in tight pants whose job is to play with a ball. Regardless whether they are America-hating commies or flag-waving veteran-panderers, why would anyone care what their political opinions are?? Seriously, if you do then to me it suggests you have some weird fixation on these young men in tight pants.

If there's nothing else on, why not go to the garage and build something, or read a book, or write a letter to an old friend, or work out, or talk with your wife, or do basically ANY OTHER ACTIVITY besides sitting on the couch staring at a screen?? (Popping in to check on the screen is the same thing just reduced In scale.) In a few short decades you'll be dead. Why fill your precious hours with televised kids in tight pants playing games with balls? Maybe if one of them was YOUR kid I could understand...but even then, my mom doesn't show up at my office to watch me do my job.

What explains this? I can't fathom it.

I have achieved a milestone · · · · my posture was already poor but reading 150+ novels online over the past year have made it worse. I do several exercises and use a couple of devices to stretch and position my spine with some positive result. I now find that I can achieve the position depicted in this youtube screenshot that wasn't possible a couple of months ago. Progress is slow but it took years to get the poor posture and I am well on the way to resolution. The second picture is the Spine-Worx device I use in the fully reclined position two or three times per day for 2 to 15 minutes.

Joint Watch Neck Sleeve Waist
0918211152.jpg

Pro athletes are teenage and 20-something guys in tight pants whose job is to play with a ball. Regardless whether they are America-hating commies or flag-waving veteran-panderers, why would anyone care what their political opinions are?? Seriously, if you do then to me it suggests you have some weird fixation on these young men in tight pants.

If there's nothing else on, why not go to the garage and build something, or read a book, or write a letter to an old friend, or work out, or talk with your wife, or do basically ANY OTHER ACTIVITY besides sitting on the couch staring at a screen?? (Popping in to check on the screen is the same thing just reduced In scale.) In a few short decades you'll be dead. Why fill your precious hours with televised kids in tight pants playing games with balls? Maybe if one of them was YOUR kid I could understand...but even then, my mom doesn't show up at my office to watch me do my job.

What explains this? I can't fathom it.

I think you're projecting quite a bit. I have heard people bash sports before for various reasons because they didn't like them. I have never heard anyone talk about the athletes' tight pants, though as nobody stares at the tight pants.

I have achieved a milestone · · · · my posture was already poor but reading 150+ novels online over the past year have made it worse. I do several exercises and use a couple of devices to stretch and position my spine with some positive result. I now find that I can achieve the position depicted in this youtube screenshot that wasn't possible a couple of months ago. Progress is slow but it took years to get the poor posture and I am well on the way to resolution. The second picture is the Spine-Worx device I use in the fully reclined position two or three times per day for 2 to 15 minutes.

Joint Watch Neck Sleeve Waist
View attachment 26594

Thanks. I have (had?) Scoliosis and have several Degenerative discs as well as at least one that slips out twice a year like clockwork, making me use a chair as a walker and turning me into Quasimoto for a week.

Be careful with the pictures though, that guy has both a tight shirt AND tight pants. Whatever sport he is playing will upset somebody.

I've been to Cleveland but never to Toledo. I had a first cousin that settled there and had two daughters. They have passed but there is a number of cousins several degrees removed in Toledo that I have never met.

Cleveland was interesting, University Circle a nice place to enjoy some culture. On two or three of my trips to then LeRC we flew to DC or Princeton in NASA 's Learjet. We would assemble in the hangar, sit in the plane for 10 or 15 minutes then taxi onto the Hopkins runway and never slow down. Expensive I guess but a neat way to travel.

Speaking of tight pants, I like khakis but the chino look has shifted to tapered legs with tight hems which serve to simultaneously make both arse and feet look big. I don't buy them but I seem to be one of the few holdouts. I won't even offer comment on women in skinny jeans.

I have very few "famous" places on my visit list other than Civil War locations, as I was fascinated with them living in Virginia. As far as movie locations, I am considering moving toward Astoria, Oregon, site of "The Goonies", and would visit Cleveland for my favorite movie of all time, "A Christmas Story".

I grew up in Cincinnati, mom and dad's family were both in Toledo. I remember going there as a child to visit. Most lived in Point Place, grandma lived in Sylvania. I can remember a restraunt named Red Wells that had awesome roast beef. After the war dad kept a boat at Bayview Yacht Club that's where mom and dad met. Still have a couple of cousins there that I haven't talked to in years.

Several of us cousins were congregated in Kaw City, OK for a birthday celebration. One evening we went to Ponca City for dinner. One of the OH cousins was puzzled at a sign on the restaurant stating that it had sweet tea. I explained to her that they knew that a southerner) was coming and that I knew sugar will not dissolve in iced tea.

I traveled a lot in the south for work and it caught me by surprise when the menu said iced tea and when I ordered it I got a glass of sweet, really sweet, tea by default.

I traveled a lot in the south for work and it caught me by surprise when the menu said iced tea and when I ordered it I got a glass of sweet, really sweet, tea by default.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that. If they don't ask (and you don't specify) you're likely to get the sweet stuff. A friend gave me a gallon of Arizona (made in NY) sweet tea and it's a bit too sweet.

Spicoli, I don't bash sports. Sports are healthy and fun to play, can even be fun to watch if you happen across a game. But I'll admit I do bash paying attention to sports, and I'll bash paying attention to the political opinions of people involved with sports too. In how many instances is it worthwhile to care what someone's politics are? I can think of only a very few: someone you're going to marry (ehhh maybe), or someone who's going to represent you in local government.

Two younger kids are napping finally. I'm going to find the baby monitor now so I can work out in the basement.

Spicoli, I don't bash sports. Sports are healthy and fun to play, can even be fun to watch if you happen across a game. But I'll admit I do bash paying attention to sports, and I'll bash paying attention to the political opinions of people involved with sports too. In how many instances is it worthwhile to care what someone's politics are? I can think of only a very few: someone you're going to marry (ehhh maybe), or someone who's going to represent you in local government.

Two younger kids are napping finally. I'm going to find the baby monitor now so I can work out in the basement.

It's not someone's politics, it's the league's politics. They are trying to poison the kids, just like classrooms are trying to poison kids.

You could pay attention to sports just fine if you stopped paying attention to the guys' tight pants.

Who cares about the league, let alone its politics?? Why is this even something adults pay attention to?

Last edited:
I don't care about the Pro leagues. I just mentioned what I care about.

People that pay attention to sports do so for the love of the game. People that pay attention to tight pants need to lay on a couch and discuss it with a professional.

I know some people who pay attention to the tight pants in sports. I think it may be the only reason some of them watch sports. LOL.

Now, I was all about the spandex in early to mid 90s so I can't really complain, but now I hate tight pants. I despise "skinny jeans". I have to buy men's pants because I have a hard time finding comfortable loose pants for women that have decent pockets. I like big pockets on my pants. I always get stretch fabric ones though. I think it's knit fabric.

The talk of athletes reminded me of a thread I saw on Twitter that started out with news of a high school football player on a ventilator from Covid. Whole thread is about teenagers down to infants who are in ICU, on life support, or who died from Covid. A doctor posted the thread and it's heartbreaking.

I talked to some nurses and a pediatrician friends earlier who were lamenting how bad things are in the hospitals. The pediatrician said Covid is now causing brain damage as well as other longterm/permanent damage. It has mutated to become worse and is hitting children particularly hard.

I rested and then got up to cook for Mom. I was waiting for her to come out and say she was hungry, but started cooking first. She said she smelled the food so she left me alone. I watched Halloween Wars while eating.

Friend contacted me and told me that when he went to trim the formica countertop to get the new counter to fit (he had left part of the backsplash uncut bc he declined to use my tablesaw to cut it, the saw kicked and cracked the formica about 8" and it wouldn't fit on the counter properly anymore. So he might have to replace it. Unfortunately, that particular color is out of stock.

Latest posts

Back