What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plagiarism is common as citing references and footnoting is a hassle. I plagiarize a bit myself, I might cite a source for long quote. But citing plagiarism in the case of MLK is ad hominem at the moment. MLK didn't insult patriotism.
No but he lied to get his doctorate, plagiarism is not allowed in a doctorate at all and had a passion for white hookers according to his buddy the Reverend Ralph Abernathy.

No but he lied to get his doctorate, plagiarism is not allowed in a doctorate at all and had a passion for white hookers according to his buddy the Reverend Ralph Abernathy.
Sounds like he should have ran for Congress but it still has nothing to do with Kaepernick's disgusting misbehavior.

Pretty boring day, have to finish sprinkler work tomorrow and turn them off for the year.

Just watched Tucker Carlson destroy everything the Leftists say like normal, this edition was the Capitol "Insurrection" hoax that the Left called worse than Pearl Harbor and 9/11. The Left tried unsuccessfully to hide the videos from inside the Capitol that showed a bunch of people walking around aimlessly like it was a Walmart, not like it was an "Attack"... Gee, wonder why they tried to hide that video?

There was other topics also, but nothing is surprising when the Left lies every time they open their mouths. Gotta love how the Border agents were "whipping" the Haitians when they don't have whips. Oh, but what is true is the Haitians commandeered an ICE bus and have been biting the ICE agents. You won't hear that on the Left of course, since they would rather get rid of all the Police.

Sounds like he should have ran for Congress but it still has nothing to do with Kaepernick's disgusting misbehavior.
It just shows that for some reason, the people that are black martyrs seem to have a myriad of faults.

No one is perfect. There are people who did great things who also did some bad things. Numerous US presidents had extra-marital affairs. Some did good things for the country, others did not.

I don't find Kaepernick's behavior disgusting. He wasn't the first one to kneel in protest during the National Anthem. It's not like he was screaming and disrupting it. I've seen people do worse. The anthem talks about "land of the free" and in his mind, he and others were not completely free. He found a peaceful way to protest what he saw as injustice and no one was harmed by it. We can agree to disagree on the right or wrong of it.

My favorite cat went missing yesterday. He didn't come in for cuddles last night. It bugged me so much I went out and looked for him in the middle of the night. No sign of him- but the cistern was overflowing again and the rod was jammed down. The block seems to be slipping even more but I can't seem to push it back in place. The switch sparked when I lifted the rod back up to shut the pump off. I need to get a replacement asap.

CR-V needs a new battery because my brother failed to go out and start it every once in awhile (one of the few things he's tasked with). I couldn't do it because I don't have the keys. Gonna be about $200 for a decent battery. It also needs an oil change. I'll have to take care of that when we get the battery replaced.

My brother finally emptied one of the 3 trash cans in the kitchen (other two are full but he won't empty them- I usually end up having to do it). I've already filled it up with trash that overflowed and trash from the living room. Although, my brother and I both called BS on Mom claiming that she didn't create the piles of trash. I looked at my brother and gestured to the side of the room that is completely filled up almost to my waist with trash she threw over there. She also told my brother that since he's not working & not contributing to the household that he should have to put in 8 hours of work a day cleaning the house and that he will get free lunch. He just laughed at her like it was the most ridiculous thing. She pays for almost everything for him and he won't even take trash out once per week much less clean up after himself or do anything else. He does help me with the groceries, but that is mostly because he wants to eat the stuff. He would be in for a real shock if he were out on his own and had to pay for his own food, rent, phone, utilities, etc. He also thinks that if he paid rent, he would not be obligated to do any chores at all. I know, venting again. It's frustrating living with an overgrown child.

I'm really hoping my cat comes back and that he's ok.

Editing to say I also cooked and had trouble with my shoulder crapping out on me when I was trying to stir stuff. Then my back noped out on me when I was cleaning. I rested awhile and got back up to clean more. But now I need the trash emptied again and I can't lift it myself bc my back and shoulder are not cooperating.

Last edited:
Numerous US presidents had extra-marital affairs.
Andrew Jackson made bridles for his horses out of Native American people's skin. It's not like Washington/Jefferson/etc. owning slaves where you can chalk it up to something about their time/station in society/etc. It was NEVER normal for someone to make horse bridles out of human skin. (As an added touch of ridiculousness, or maybe evil, Jackson used those very bridles to lead the Native Americans on the Trail of Tears.) But there he is on the 20. I'd say if Jackson can do that and still be on the 20, then some guy whose job is to play a game with a ball can kneel during the anthem for whatever reason he wants and still be on TV. You can't choose a different person to be on your money but you can watch something else on TV or better yet turn it off.

Good point. Jackson was horribly corrupt. I didn't know about the bridles thing. I knew about the trail of tears and him basically telling Congress to pound sand and how he got away with murder.

I'm still awake hoping my kitty will come back. I might go back out and call him again in awhile. He's neutered so he's not out looking for a mate. He normally doesn't go too far and doesn't stay out too long so it worries me that he's not back yet. Only one unaccounted for.

Andrew Jackson made bridles for his horses out of Native American people's skin. It's not like Washington/Jefferson/etc. owning slaves where you can chalk it up to something about their time/station in society/etc. It was NEVER normal for someone to make horse bridles out of human skin. (As an added touch of ridiculousness, or maybe evil, Jackson used those very bridles to lead the Native Americans on the Trail of Tears.) But there he is on the 20. I'd say if Jackson can do that and still be on the 20, then some guy whose job is to play a game with a ball can kneel during the anthem for whatever reason he wants and still be on TV. You can't choose a different person to be on your money but you can watch something else on TV or better yet turn it off.

Yeah, okay... Settle down, The Leftists lie CONSTANTLY... Was there War? Yes. Did Indians and Whites die? Yes... I don't see one real source of Jackson scalping Indians and using their skin, though. He even adopted an Indian child.

Do I presume to know exactly what happened? NO
Do I know that the Leftists lie every single day? YES... Proven over and over.

Here's the BRUTAL RIOT "Insurrection" on January 6th... Youtube censored it, wonder why? Don't watch this if you want to stay in your bubble.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6273946086001#sp=show-clips

Im gonna have to leave you with your opinion, there is wayyy too much to unpack in that false statement. If it works for you to believe that there is no oppression, then there is nothing I can do to sway you. I was just say be careful in making that statement in mixed company, somebody is likely to blow a freakin' fuse.

However it's cathartic for me to see some of this stuff up close, if only for the WTF wonderment. So please oblige me . . . .

**There's no oppression of Black people in America. That's completely fabricated by the Leftists because they count on Black votes.

(I admit to eyerollin')

**There is (are) spots of racism in America like some portions of the Deep South, and Northern Idaho, but this isn't a racist Country.

(Deep South: South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Florida, Arkansas, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, Missouri, Tennessee, Maryland. I won't belabor it, but where do you think the majority of blacks in this country come from historically, or live now? What in the world would it matter that, say, UTAH wasn't a racist area? Please re-read that).

** Whites die by Police gunfire an average of twice as much per year than Blacks, that's FBI stats. All it boils down to is that Idiocy is color blind. White people don't pick the Flag out and kneel for White justice because we refuse to support the idiots in our race.

(You would, I think, be more of an expert on white cultural affinities than I, so I'll leave you with that. I would however, be dishonest If I said I believe It).

There is some bad Cops, which is the same as there is some bad Plumbers and Accountants.

(If Only Plumbers and Accountants could be imbued with the power of GOD, as policemen have. We could then compare the affect they have on people in general, and black men in particular.)

As I reflect, that wasn't too bad, and I'm no longer rolling my eyes. I hope you don't mind that I think the word of the day should be PERSPECTIVE.

You don't even know what oppression means. Way back in the day there was oppression when there was separate drinking fountains. Now, there is just racist people on all sides, like Al Sharpton and his minions... Where is the protests when a White man is killed by a Cop? Crickets............. That's the same OPPRESSION, though!

If you can't look up FBI stats, then you can't look up FBI stats.

"Power of God"... Are you from America? Have you ever heard of a serial killer?

Why is it that Leftists think Cops would rather kill Black people than oh, I don't know... Go home to their families and cook, maybe watch a ballgame etc.???

You want black folks to be up in arms about a mask when Larry "slaveowners need reparations too" Elder is present? Remember the word Perspective. It'll come in handy when trying to understand some things.

(why won't those people be mad about the things I think they should be mad about?)

I didn't say anything about black folks. I said the Leftists, which are 95 plus percent White, all of them pandering to Black people constantly.

There's a cliche about half-senile old people glued to their favorite cable news channel, yelling at their TVs, obsessed with what the Evil Left is doing, or the Deplorable Right is doing, seeing everything in terms of tribal politics, longing for the past because they believe the past was always better than now. It's just a cliche, right?

That Andrew Jackson mutilated Native American corpses and made bridles out of their skin is not contested by historians so far as I can tell. Other old people yelling at their TVs might contest it though. Some people believe the devil placed dinosaur bones in the ground. What you choose to believe about the past is ultimately a statement about you, your own epistemology.

It's funny sometimes when you think other folks can think for themselves, but somehow the angst of black folks is caused by the Democratic Party. But I guess that's the way it is.

I better get off this computer and read my Democratic emails for tomorrow so I'll know what to be angry about. Why won't they leave me alone!

Here's a little Biden pandering... Remember when he called Blacks "Predators"... Yeah, or "You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking"...

Remember Hillary pandering... Talk about CRINGE!!!!

https://nypost.com/2020/06/10/a-black-lives-pander-by-democrats-devine/

There's a cliche about half-senile old people glued to their favorite cable news channel, yelling at their TVs, obsessed with what the Evil Left is doing, or the Deplorable Right is doing, seeing everything in terms of tribal politics, longing for the past because they believe the past was always better than now. It's just a cliche, right?

That Andrew Jackson mutilated Native American corpses and made bridles out of their skin is not contested by historians so far as I can tell. Other old people yelling at their TVs might contest it though. Some people believe the devil placed dinosaur bones in the ground. What you choose to believe about the past is ultimately a statement about you, your own epistemology.

I choose to believe TRUTH... That would be evidence backed up by Video in 95 percent of cases. The Left NEVER shows video because they don't have any. EVERY little thing they complain about or completely fabricate is a lie that has NO VIDEO. In the recent Border agent "whipping Haitians" incident, there is only pictures of the Horse REINS loose on the Horse. Leftists think that's a WHIP... Why isn't there VIDEO of the Haitians getting whipped?

I'm not talking Rocket Science here, they either have proof or they completely make it up. Why is it that every single Leftist on TV says the same exact thing? If they say that the "Haitians were whipped, this does not belong in America", you will hear that EXACT Programming phrase from ALL the Leftists on cue...

Keyword "Programming"... Watch that Tucker Carlson clip and tell me how that was an "Insurrection" on January 6th. Can you? Why is that episode on Youtube censored to not show the Capitol?

C'mon Man!!!

As far as Andrew Jackson, obviously no video, but a reliable source that isn't Far Left would get me researching.

Here is the Leftists saying the exact same thing...

I don't watch the news, as I've explained before. I don't know anything about Haitians getting whipped or not whipped, the January 6th thing based on what I've heard sounded like a dumb protest that got out of hand but maybe had some people in there who thought they were doing something more significant than that.

The only time I ever saw Tucker Carlson was a clip of him showing a video from a band called the Tucker Carlson Trio.

Backstory: a friend of mine was in that band. Actually this friend was the bass player in my rock band when I was in high school, the same as in the picture I shared a while back, though he played a different instrument in the Tucker Carlson Trio. Tucker Carlson aired this video of them playing "Higher Ground" by Stevie Wonder. It was funny because I remember Tucker Carlson introduced the video by saying something like "I'm pretty sure these guys are trolling me but they're good anyway so here it is".

I can't find the original clip with Tucker introducing the video, but there is a clip where MSNBC re-aired just the video itself. You can see Tucker Carlson thank them at the end:

None of what you wrote addresses the evidence that Andrew Jackson was a psycho who did things that would make a Nazi serial killer these days blush. He is on the $20 bill. If a guy who plays with a ball wants to take a knee for the anthem, something he worked out after a difficult conversation with a veteran, then if you don't like it you should get away from your screens for a while. Go take a walk (I've heard MT is scenic), go hug your wife, go pick up some litter by the side of the road. Make your bed. You'll feel better, more clear-headed.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think so. In the entire time I have pointed out facts that go against the Liberal narrative, you haven't told me you don't watch the news.

You haven't proved anything about Andrew Jackson...

Why won't you watch the video clip of Tucker Carlson showing the inside of the Capitol?... I know, that would go against your programming.

I don't have anything obstructing my head, unlike Liberals. I have video PROOF of everything I say.

@femgroup I did not mean "too young to understand" as an insult. When I was a kid everyone was a patriot so I thought maybe you had missed that era.

As for BLM being hijacked IMO I thought it never intended to start riots and others were using it as an excuse to start riots. Now I am unsure as I heard a BLM leader on national TV make an open threat (sorry I can't remember her name).

As a patriot I think Kaepernick's action was despicable, he was playing the media. If the media had ignored him it would have ended there. For example flag burning (another insulting, in-your-face protest) did not change America and when it was declared "freedom of speech" it fizzled. The real enemy seems to be the LSM but I would never try to throttle it. I boycott NFL and Nike not that it will hurt them but that it doesn't make me hurt. Kinda like me not taking the COVID shot due to its complicity with fetal cell lines.

I am not racist and resent racism when exhibited by either whites or blacks. I see a bit of it between the lines in some comments on this forum but am not going to stir that pot.

Spicoli, I made a whole huge thread about not watching the news, which got split off from this one because it got so heated and off-topic. That was less than a year ago, I think.

What, in my description of my understanding of January 6th, makes you think I've been "programmed"? What do you imagine is my programming? Do you think I'm a liberal? (This plays right into what I said above about the cliche where people get obsessed with Left/Right...)

If you watch the news you have something obstructing your head, by definition. The news is literally an intermediary between the world and your head.

No, if you watch FAKE NEWS like the Communist News Network or MSDNC or most of Fox News, your head is obstructed. If you watch news where they provide PROOF via video that contradicts everything the Leftists say, how can there be obstruction?

If you parrot the Leftist talking points, then what are you?

I am a Vietnam veteran writing this on Veterans Day because I want to remind everyone, especially one, unknown person, that our flag is only a piece of cloth until you remember that it represents the soul of our nation.

Someone deliberately ignored that fact when they destroyed the mailbox post to which I affixed our flag. I'll admit that the act of vandalism was disturbing, but what actually caused me pain was to see our flag lying in the mud.

That flag was much more than a visible display of my support for America and for those who serve in the armed forces. That flag had special meaning for me. Like all the other flags that I affixed to my mailbox post, it was there to honor all my comrades who had died in Vietnam.

But it lay in the mud all because someone, who believes vandalism is a good way to pass the time, defiled our flag and, hidden by the dead of night, deliberately caused it to be defaced. I realize that for people with such a lack of respect for our country and our flag, there is nothing I could write that would make them feel shame or even a modicum of contrition.

Words will always fail to convey what is felt by those of us who served whenever we see our flag. We stand taller, we feel prouder and we remember — always remember — our buddies who will always be young because that war took away their chance to grow old.

That flag is now in my home. I will replace it with another when I erect a new post. The flag I affix to the post will be a badge of honor for all my friends, my comrades-in-arms who gave their all for America.

That flag will represent the soul of our nation. But for me, it will also embody the sacrifice my comrades made so that you have the choice to honor or defile it.

JOHN J. KAUZA
Alexandria Township LETTER: U.S. flag represents soul of the nation

Back