What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, if you watch FAKE NEWS like the Communist News Network or MSDNC or most of Fox News, your head is obstructed. If you watch news where they provide PROOF via video that contradicts everything the Leftists say, how can there be obstruction?
Quite easily, due to both the lack of original context around the video and/or whatever new context is placed around the video. You think the news comes together by chance? No, it's carefully constructed. This is still true even if it's the news you personally agree with.

If you parrot the Leftist talking points, then what are you?
I've heard a few leftist talking points, and some rightist ones, but I haven't parroted any because I don't know them well and have no interest in talking points anyway. Frankly, I'm only talking about this at all because I suffer from that "someone is wrong on the internet" syndrome where my border-collies-of-the-mind need to get out and run and chew on things so I feel the need to correct statements that look like BS. I don't actually have a dog in whatever big political epic struggle you seem to imagine yourself engaged in. My life is peachy, and will be peachy regardless whether some guy who watches too much TV in Montana thinks I ought to watch more Tucker Carlson!

All my views are my own, and actually I pride myself on my independence of thought. If I happen to say something that overlaps with something the Left has said I won't lose any more sleep over it than if something I say overlaps with a Rightist talking point that's fine with me too.

As I've gotten older the political opinions I feel confident in has dwindled down and down. At this point I would stand up for 2A rights, against legal abortion, and in favor of full drug legalization. That's it. That does not map to Leftists anyway.

Last edited:
No, when you see a video, you can understand what is and what isn't happening. Well, most people can. News that is "carefully constructed" is the Leftist FAKE NEWS in which they invent the entire story. The shows I watch provide video, where a "whip" attached to an ICE agent is actually a Reign attached to a horse. On the FAKE NEWS, in the still picture, no video included, it can easily fool their audience into thinking it's a whip because their audience is obedient and never asks questions. EVER.

You have the need to "correct statements that look like BS"... Okay, fair enough. Why don't you?

What makes you think I watch too much TV?

Back to Kaepernick, the fact that maybe three souls on this forum took no offense pales in comparison to the thousands that did take offense.

Last edited:
I do ask questions when they say something that requires it. Most of it doesn't need an explanation, most of it is statements piggybacked off insanely moronic things the Leftists say. "Global Warming" or "Climate Change" or whatever they will call it next year is the most hilarious thing they say.

Post times were weird, got it fixed.

Last edited:
I do ask questions when they say something that requires it. Most of it doesn't need an explanation, most of it is statements piggybacked off insanely moronic things the Leftists say. "Global Warming" or "Climate Change" or whatever they will call it next year is the most hilarious thing they say.

Mmm, sounds like compelling TV. "Here's us taking about how dumb something is that you already agree is dumb. Up next, we'll talk about how dumb something else is that you already agree is dumb. Right after these messages." ;) Sure to expand your mind, no doubt.

I spend at least an hour a day outside thanks to my after dinner walks with the kids but man if I lived in Montana I don't think I'd see a ceiling between quitting time and bedtime so long as it was over 45 degrees and not sleeting! I don't know how you can even look at a TV, Spicoli.

My wife took the two older kids to my eldest's gymnastics class so I had an unusually quiet evening with just the baby. Put her in the stroller and walked for about 75 minutes through one of the adjacent neighborhoods, caught up on the phone with my brother and also with one of my best friends who moved to the South back around 2010 and just had a kid maybe 6 weeks ago.

He had just gotten word this morning that one of his friends (who I didn't know) had finally died of cancer. He sounded really sad at the start of our conversation but an hour later by the end of it our talking and catching up and discussing various things in life had cheered him up, it felt really good as we were getting off the phone. I'm lucky to have such amazing friendships.

I spend at least an hour a day outside thanks to my after dinner walks with the kids but man if I lived in Montana I don't think I'd see a ceiling between quitting time and bedtime so long as it was over 45 degrees and not sleeting! I don't know how you can even look at a TV, Spicoli.

Over 45 degrees is only 6 months. The rest is 40 to -40, or colder depending on how close to Canada you get. The wind is the fun part, that's when you can't go outside for more than 5 minutes.

But... If you move here, I promise to tell you EVERYTHING else, no fingers crossed behind my back, if I lie, a fork through my eye... As soon as you sign the papers.

Over 45 degrees is only 6 months. The rest is 40 to -40, or colder depending on how close to Canada you get. The wind is the fun part, that's when you can't go outside for more than 5 minutes.
Well, I'm also not averse to putting on a parka and fleece-lined pants. But I hear you about the wind, that'd keep me inside -- but I'd still never think to turn on a TV. Then again I have no appetite for "Here's a dumb thing the people you already think are dumb did yesterday", I got that out of my system when I was in jr. high.

Let's see: You said: "You don't even know what oppression means "

My take. Have at it. That ends my discussion. I'm stuck here wondering how someone who actually thinks Tucker Carlson, who testified that his isn't a news show, it's an "entertainment show", has actually gathered the gall to suggest whether or not I know what oppression is.

Bless your heart, but if I am correct, you didnt grace the earth until roughly 1980 or so, and believe me, you know not of which you speak. I'm sure you'll respond, as you should, but that's it for me.

Notes

"Am I from America?' I don't see the relevancy.

"If you can't look up FBI stats, then you can't look up FBI stats." I just can't imagine the stat that would cause someone to not want to curb the killing of unarmed men.

"Why is it that Leftists think Cops would rather kill Black people than oh, I don't know... Go home to their families and cook, maybe watch a ballgame etc.???" That's a new one for me. I've never heard that argument/position/debate requesting a cop not to go home, so it would be ridiculous to attempt a response.

I don't know what the mention of Tucker Carlson in the first point means, that makes no sense... Oppression was in the old days, not now. There's some racism now, but not all over the country like the Liberals claim. There is no widespread oppression here.

How do you know they were unarmed men? I know of 2 cases where they were unarmed, one was Floyd, and one was a guy running from the cop that unloaded his magazine in his back and tried to plant a weapon by him. THAT WOULD BE my comparison to bad plumbers or accountants etc...

In most cases, the "unarmed" person is reaching for something, like the one that was shot and put on the mainstream news 24/7... Well, turns out he was reaching for a knife like an idiot.

I can only assume when White people are killed by cops, they were reaching for something as well. The Leftists do think that cops would rather kill than just go home, that's the entire point. They are ALL cold blooded killers, according to the Leftist politicians and media. That's why they are trying to defund them or eliminate the departments in every major city.

Now, the SMART thing to do for anybody of any race would be to keep your hands in full view all the time when interacting with an officer. DUH... Some don't, reach for their guns or knives, and are shot. NOOOOOOOOO SSSSSSSSSS SHERLOCK!!!

99.9% of Cops just want everybody to peacefully go home at the end of the day, except of course for those that go to jail.

Why don't the Leftists talk about the 50 or so cops killed in the line of duty by criminals every year in this Country? Because they hate them and wish for more, that's why.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Well, I'm also not averse to putting on a parka and fleece-lined pants. But I hear you about the wind, that'd keep me inside -- but I'd still never think to turn on a TV. Then again I have no appetite for "Here's a dumb thing the people you already think are dumb did yesterday", I got that out of my system when I was in jr. high.

Ok, (True) scenario... 6 months, not all -40 with wind, but a good few weeks solid, mixed in with -25 no wind, weeks upon weeks to the point that when it finally reaches Zero degrees, people wear normal clothes like a shirt and a light windbreaker. During the real cold times, the TV is on and I watch an hour of news, the rest is fun stuff like the Oceans / Pyramids / Archaeological stuff etc...

You in the same scenario... The TV will be on, you don't have a choice, or the kids will drive you up a wall. The problem for you would be how much TV time and how much video games to try to prevent them from turning out to be the exact opposite of you...

Now, all that said, you were on the interwebben a lot yesterday, unless you don't go to ANY news sites and your browser doesn't show any news headlines, what's the difference between that and TV?

They are ALL cold blooded killers, according to the Leftist politicians and media. That's why they are trying to defund them or eliminate the departments in every major city.

Why don't the Leftists talk about the 50 or so cops killed in the line of duty by criminals every year in this Country? Because they hate them and wish for more, that's why.
Why is it that Leftists think Cops would rather kill Black people than oh, I don't know... Go home to their families and cook, maybe watch a ballgame etc.???
These are the sort of statements that are common place on the right wing radio programs. You and they speak in pure hyperbole. It always the same, all the leftists hate all the cops. The leftist all hate America and want to destroy it, the major news outlets only dispense lies under direction of the left and on and on. Flyover has pointed out the absurdity of people who believe that the only news source that isn't lying is the one they listen to, how nieve. We're still waiting on the proof of all the election fraud that the far right news outlets claimed and continued to suggest.

I would agree about the many people that have been shot by police because they tried to reach for a weapon or similar stupid move. But there have been numerous videos of police shooting people when it seemed excessive. That doesn't include incidents when they didn't shoot someone but just beat the hell out of them a la George Floyd. I appreciate the intensity and adrenalin of the situation but there are a lot of cops that have serious ego issues. I know many cops including my Dad and uncle and all you have to do is listen to some of them talk about bashing someone with a night stick or something. They like to brag about it almost. That doesn't apply to all cops, I think most would rather not get physical in a situation but some just seem to like it and will take every opportunity to intimidate a person. And like most things a few bad actors paint the picture that most people see. And for the record my Dad and uncle are dyed in the wool democrats so do they hate the cops too? I also have a first cousin who is way right and hates the cops. He once tried to tell me my Dad had a cushy job paid by the taxpayers and didn't deserve his pension.

Wow. There are thousands of folks on this post?
So now you're the English police? The thousands (or hundreds thereof) are in the good ole USA. "Everyone", maybe it only seemed so because people of your ilk didn't evangelize back in the day.

I do enjoy a bit of hyperbole such as · · · 1632584466956.png

Last edited:
... 1. I don't actually have a dog in whatever big political epic struggle you seem to imagine yourself engaged in.

2. My life is peachy, and will be peachy regardless whether some guy who watches too much TV in Montana thinks I ought to watch more Tucker Carlson!

3. All my views are my own, and actually I pride myself on my independence of thought.

4. At this point I would stand up for 2A rights, against legal abortion, and in favor of full drug legalization. That's it. That does not map to Leftists anyway.

!. Obviously you do as you mention items further down.

2. That was the attitude of Germans as Catholic Religious Terrorist Hitler took over and eventually got Germany leveled.

3. BS, you spout several talking points.

4. 2A Rights is obviously Rightist... Leftists would steal your guns 'legally' or illegally... They blame guns for ADDICTIONS VIOLENCE...
Being against abortion freedoms is mostly an Extreme Rightist Psychotic Catholic Church position.
Full drug legalization is an Extremist Leftist position that allows massive stoner crime/murdering and ODing as drug addicts lose control and refuse to work for a living.

when they didn't shoot someone but just beat the hell out of them a la George Floyd.
Stoner career criminal George Floyd SUICIDED himself perpetrating one last crime. So that means everything else you said should also be ignored as nonsense... which it is...

Seriously? Democrat criminals?
It's been empowering. (I've got to remember 'Democrat criminals' for my next get-together. I'll be the center of attention).
It was meant to be "enlightening"... but you Leftists always want 'power' from your lies... instead of from your work... since their usually isn't any body of work...
I grew up in a large extended Republican family of say 400 some relatives... we could place a $100 bill on the dining room table and invite hundreds of people over for a party around that table and elsewhere in the house and yard and after the party the $100 bill would still be there... try that with Democrats!
There a whole different world and lifestyle out there that you apparently know nothing about! A world of honesty and decency and no drug abuse and no smoking and no murdering.
A world apart from the Democrats' beloved CRIME WAVE of 75 MURDERS DAILY !!!
Sorry you're not part of it. Not our fault.

Last edited:
They met, talked about it, and agreed that taking a knee was a more respectful way of protesting.
Will never be acceptable to this veteran of foreign religions-fueled war!
Americans pay for pro sports, piss us off and hate us and we're GONE !!!

But, of course, I let the Democratic Party tell me what to do. They are currently training me to be a Democratic criminal, and all sorts of nefarious stuff.
WOW! You are capable of some sensible truths!

Ever listen to someone talk for a minute and think their cornbread ain't done in the middle. Consider Kaepernick, he was playing for the NFL doesn't that N stand for National (national: relating to a nation; common to or characteristic of a whole nation)? Wasn't the jerk violating his own standard?
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Latest posts

Back