What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be able to borrow my brother's yoga mat then. So, you're supposed to lie down on it then?

My body does not like me today. LOL. And my cats were hungry this morning so they were snuggling and stepping on me to persuade me to get up. They stopped pestering me after I fed them, although Rupert is now sitting on my shoulder acting like a heating pad. It's funny that he was terrified of people as a kitten. Only reason I caught him (he was a semi-feral kitten) was because he got an ear infection so bad he lost his balance and couldn't run & was too sick to fight. But now he loves people. He tries to cuddle with people at the vet's office. He is a very sweet kitty.

I made the mistake of eating too much fried chicken last night so my stomach doesn't like me. I need to cut out greasy foods like that. I don't eat the breading-- I always peel it off, but there is still too much grease. I need to listen to my body (and not my tastebuds) about what not to eat. LOL.

I will probably go to the store to get more groceries later, but for now I'm resting.

Thanks Eddie, I wonder if they make them in different sizes for shorter or taller people. I don't think my brother and I would have the same size ones. He has a longer torso. LOL. My biggest problems would be getting off the floor. LOL. I wonder if will work on a bed. I already have an extreme lumber curve.

Went to the store, mom said no need to get mail because nothing is coming in soon. Got stuck in traffic because there appeared to be a wreck up at the turn-in to Walmart. I could see lights from cop cars and an ambulance. Was stuck for probably 30min to go 500ft. Got in and found they were out of a lot of stuff I'd planned to get, so my shopping trip inside was quick. Got gas, got home, cooked for Mom, ate some more chicken (will regret later), and cleaned my teeth. Found some nice scrubbers that get between the teeth well.

This was from earlier. I was able to get my camera without disturbing the critters leaning against my legs/feet.
The fluffy black & white against my leg is Biscuits, the one at the end of the bed in a basket is Mewlatto, not sure if Itsy (the fluffy tabby) is visible-- she was on a styrofoam thing. Calico is Aminatu. Fluffy gray & white is Sir Hammington. Orange kitty is Rupert.
1634859686551.png1634859758176.png1634859779216.png

I have been trying to wean myself off Coffee this week, with 2 days completely off and today only drinking about 25 oz. In this week, I'm just firing on 3 cylinders or something (Out of 12)... I have to be off Coffee for 19 days for my new "Diet", and I don't know how that's going to play out. I tried Green Tea the other day, and that's like an insult to mankind or something. To top it off, I just chopped off my nose picking fingernail, so that's 45 days or so of not being able to get up there.

SIGH.

First world problems.

@Spicoli43 .... I'm a nurse, so theres no mary Jane in my future. Today was crazy at work, but I was able to get through it... thanks to steroids.

Yes it is a dump cart! And yes I am super excited!

@zannej you are getting all the kitty loves currently lol

I am off tomorrow and I am going to try my best to do nothing. Maybe I will clean my room so that that's done.... I need to make some labels for my soaps, and I also made some whipped soap and want to make lip balm and some lotion sticks or bars while I am off.
This is my whipped soap
20211014_163700.jpg

Spicoli, I found I don't like regular green tea but green tea with citrus/lemon is better. It all depends on your tastes. I haven't had coffee in years. Never was overly fond of it. But, I can't have much caffeine. I've never been a fan of carbonated drinks. I tend to like milk, caffeine free tea, fruit punch, lemonade, and water. I mostly drink water. I'm working on finishing a bottle of pumpkin spice apple cider. It's ok, but not great. Way too much sugar. I need to reduce my carbs and sugars. I know this intellectually, but when it comes time to snack I find myself stuffing my face with those things. I need to find non-carb & non-sugar snacks.

Eddie, I guess "one size fits all" would make sense if it was adjustable, but people of different sizes may find it hits the back in the wrong spots. I might give it a try though. Most of the time the kitties are laid back napping. They are lounging around right now. I still haven't put up the styrofoam packing for my monitor because the cats are sleeping in the depressions for the accessories. LOL.

Shannon, that soap looks cool!

Ah Yes, of course you can't have MJ Shan, what was I thinking? They will give you all the dangerous drugs instead. Does that whipped soap have the consistency of Goop? That's what I want, homemade Goop without the chemicals for when I work on Cars.

Coffee is the one thing I have never quit... Cigs, Chew, Alcohol about 20 times, but have been drinking Coffee every day that I can remember since Junior High. It's just my thing, and not having it this week a couple of days was like I was living in a different dimension.

I was wrong about the diet... I can't have CAFFEINE, so Green Tea is out. Nothing Decaf, they use chemicals for that. Just medicinal teas that I drink anyway.

I spray painted (implement red) the lower ⅓ of both entry doors. I used a rattle can but with a Can Gun spray handle. I am impressed, the handle works as advertised. I will probably use my airbrush for antiquing to match the upper ⅔. I think I will seal the bottom edges with a waterproof white glue. The next time I refinish them I will take them down and do a total refinish, maybe antique verdigris though I like the red.

@Eddie_T I am glad to hear that that contraption works, because I bought one to see if it would make it easier to spray paint.

@Spicoli43 they definitely make soaps that are exfoliating for mechanics and such, I have seen them in some groups. You can also make a soap paste, it is goopy, however it's like a concentrate that you make liquid soaps with (most commonly). You are right, drugs are often pushed instead of finding the causative factor and working on that. I think that that comes from our society. Noone wants to take care of themselves, they just want a magic pill.
Speaking of magic..... the massage today was with CBD oil🥰🥰🥰

@zannej thank you very much!

I survived the massage today. She said she agreed with me that she didnt feel like it was fibro. She said my muscles were knotted everywhere. I enjoyed it, I could tolerate more pressure than I normally could. Ice massage next week 😳.

Eddie, those are pretty.

I've been thinking of getting one of those things to help spray paint but haven't pulled the trigger (so to speak). :p

The caffeine in tea is one of the reasons I had to limit my drinking of it, but then the kidney stones sealed the deal. I know it is full of sugar, but I get fruit punch now.

Cats are piled on me as usual. My brother refused to take the trash out but he did pour a new bag of cat food in to the bin in the pantry so I can feed kitties more easily.

Shan, do you know a good brand to start with for soap paste? Maybe somebody makes a version of Goop or Fast Orange without chemicals. I would rather make it myself if I could though.

I forgot to mention, I'm glad the massage helped, Shan.

Tried in vain to get my brother to take trash out so I can clean up more (no place to put trash bc it's overflowing again) but he keeps refusing. If I thought unplugging his internet would do anything but send him in to a violent destructive rage, I'd do it.

Waiting for a friend to call me about coming over to work on her kitchen. She hasn't even read any of my messages for several days, but I guess she doesn't check the message thing often.

I put toilet bowl cleaner in the toilet last night but it didn't do much so I will have to scrub it, but my back is not cooperating for the bending. I wish they made super long handled telescoping toilet brushes. LOL.

Probably autocorrect. Shan, I have no idea what that is.

My brother wanted to go somewhere today and I told him we couldn't leave until the trash was taken out, kitchen picked up, and living room picked up more. So he actually took the trash in the kitchen out, filled a bag with the trash from the floor behind the trash can, took that out, and then brought me the trash can in the living room so I could fill it up and took that bag out and I filled the next bag up halfway. Of course, he was giving me grief telling me to push the trash down in the 3rd bag but I kept telling him stuff was just falling out anyway so he had to take it out. Got it cleaned up enough to have a walkway through kitchen and living room. Not completely cleaned yet but my back was not cooperating. I'd been sleeping off a sour stomach.

Put some soup in the pressure cooker before heading out. Went to a friend's house but he wasn't home- he was at another friend's house so we went there. Friend over there cut up some fruit-- plantains, star fruit, and dragon fruit. I ate one piece of each and then sanded the hell out of the countertop & cabinets to make them smooth. Discovered they didn't check before installing the butcherblock countertop that there is a large deep gouge on the top. I will fill it in with wood filler, sand it, and seal it, but I suggested she leave something like a mat over that spot to hide it. She was a bit disappointed. I wish I'd stayed for install of that top bc I would have spotted it before they cut it for the sink. I forgot to get pics. Power was off when I got over because they were installing a new outdoor light & new outlets/switches. Something is wrong with wiring though because the new stuff didn't work when they turned it back on. Gonna find a good day to go over and fill in the gouge.

Was trying to help the other friend when he went back to his house to put in a new door but my pain meds wore off and I realized I needed to go serve the soup to mom (she won't get up and get stuff herself). Got home and soup was too thick. Threw some butter and poured in some heavy cream, whisked the hell out of it and made it nice and smooth/creamy. I told Mom and she said "Why was there hell in it in the first place?" LOL.

Had a good nap. Worried about my friend though bc he messaged that something fell on his head, he had a knot on it, and wasn't feeling good. Promised not to sleep on it and said he might go to ER if he felt worse.

Got my trumpet out and started working on my chops. I haven't played it in several years. My only public performance back then was Taps for military rites funerals. So far just scales and I had a hankering to try Wayfaring Stranger.

Went over to check on my friend and he was sleeping (against our advice). My brother stayed over there in case he needed to be carried out or something. Friend's gf's brother woke up & was hungry so he got out leftovers and shared them with us. Some kind of stir fry mixed with rice-a-roni and some baked mac n cheese.

I started feeling nauseous afterward so I went home. Sitting here with Itsy on my lap waiting for my brother to call to be brought home.

Back