What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stomach is feeling bleh again, but not as bad as the other day. Went to the store and got some groceries. Got myself a salad for lunch.

Last night my cat, Yasuke was in the kitchen waiting to ambush Namir (who was in the hallway). I stepped into the kitchen- right foot first-and Yasuke attacked my shoe, then realized it wasn't Namir and jumped away before I could punt him across the room. I saw him watching Namir later on, just waiting to jump on him. I extended my middle finger and tapped him on the nose.

Not much else going on other than downloading custom content for Sims4.

I saw a rabbit make a sudden jump and bound across my patio. Then I saw some movement which turned out to be the switching tail of a black cat. I got up to scare the cat away and saw a doe deer in the back yard. I froze for a bit until the deer eased into the woods. I don't want to chase the cat away as the deer may still be close. I think the rabbit (or another) has a nest in a flower bed in front of the house. I just saw the disappointed cat cross the patio. The deer (or another) was watching the cat as it departed. The deer came onto the patio then suddenly jumped a flower bed and bounded off into the woods.

"Downloading" something? Shouldn't Elon Internet be like snapping your fingers?

Do you still like it?

Cats love to hunt rabbits. When I had a pet rabbit in the front room, one of my cats would go outside, kill a rabbit, bring it in, set it in front of the door to the front room and then stare at my rabbit.

Spicoli, I had finished downloading- it goes fast, but I have been searching for things to download to add to my game. New appliances, better furniture, more wall colors, etc.

Connection has been a bit spotty for no reason so I may need to talk to their tech support. No obstructions reported. It could be my that wifi adapter sucks though.

I used to find Rabbit carcasses on my property and just left them. They would be taken by some other critter so I wouldn't have to deal with it. I don't understand what critter would want a Rabbit carcass, but whatever.

I guess the local Rabbit clan was all taken out or something, as it's been a few years and there is at least 3 stray Cats that come around.

Severely pruned an ornamental bush that was planted to hide the PTHP. I was only out for about an hour maybe another area after sundown.

Piddling with canes and walking sticks. A BIL was a tree trimmer and got me started, now I can't seem to quit. I am on the lookout for a proper stick for self defense but to others appears to be merely a walking stick. Here are pics of a lightweight cane in progress and a potential that I am going to ignore (it came out of the butterfly bush it's hanging on).

0721221409.jpg0721221415.jpg

a proper stick for self defense but to others appears to be merely a walking stick
I now have an image of you in a top-hat and other Victorian garb, making your way down narrow cobblestone streets, when some young ruffian emerges from the fog and tries to pick your pocket, but you spring forth and cane him roundly about the ears, yelling "Begone, vagabond!"

Tummy is better today but I'm tired. Woke up sweating & it smells like I didn't take my thyroid meds but I know I did. I keep track and I know it went in my mouth bc it started disintegrating on my tongue. So, I might need a higher dose. For some reason, my sweat has a different distinct smell when I'm off thyroid meds or they aren't working.

Last night I went looking for one of my cats. I had no seen him all day and was worried. He did show up & I carried him inside to feed him, but before that I saw the cows acting upset around the water trough-- stomping around and I saw hose was disconnected & they were licking the spigot- which was barely on for some reason. I tested it to see that it worked but water wouldn't reach the empty trough. I couldn't find the hose (since it was dark & cows were in my way) so I went to bed. Got up early to mess with it. Got the back on and cranked water full blast-- nothing came out of the float filler. I checked the hose for kinks & realized it must be the filler. I didn't want to mess trying to clean it out so I waited for TSC to open and got a new one and a new hose (old one was stuck to the filler). My brother read the instructions and put in the cotter pins (I can't find my reading glasses & couldn't make out the writing or see the holes). I got the brackets on, dumped the rotting leaves and muck out of the trough, took off the old thingamabob and put the new filler on.

I also grabbed sweet feed to distract the cows but they got thirsty and came over as I was tightening the bolts. New thingy works and the cows started drinking right away, then went back to their feed. Kwai somehow had sweetfeed on her head.

It's thundering outside so I got stuff done in time. I'm still tired so I will probably take a nap. Thunder always makes me sleepy.

Well, I officially passed the 1 Month mark of being a full on no holds barred Veggietarian on Tuesday. I'm the extreme version that can't have any animal stuff like Eggs. I can't remember what that's called, but I know I hate it. That being said, I feel like I recover faster from workouts than when I was eating Eggs and Chicken etc...

I have never gone more than a few days without meat besides the very early baby days, and knowing my Dad, I'm sure he was chopping up some Sirloin as soon as possible. The weird thing is, I haven't even thought about it since the start of my detox until now. In other times, I would have trouble doing things like making the wrong cuts on 2x4's etc. if I didn't have 4 eggs that morning. I kept track of that stuff.

I still have 3 weeks left of my detox, but after that I'm chilling on the Lentils for a while. They do pack a serious protein punch and clean carbs, though. I won't be able to go back to Costco's frozen feedlot Chicken, but will incorporate Grass Fed Beef, Bison and Eggs...

Lentils are obviously real easy to make, but they are absolute Hell on my Girlish figure. I'll have to figure out exactly how many crunches I need to do each abs day to offset that. (When I can see that I have abs)...

Spicoli, I'm happy for you that you're doing well on your diet. I believe the term is Vegan. Vegans aren't supposed to eat eggs, fish, honey (bc it comes from bees), or jello/gelatin (because it comes from ground up bones).

We don't have those sort of food options down here. I just remembered I'm out of pistachios. I'll have to get more when I go to samsclub. I've been snacking on them when I get the munchies. I need to start putting together some sort of meal plan. More broccoli & fewer carbs. Someone said eating fish 2x a week is supposed to be healthy but I don't like fish enough to stomach it even once a week. I don't think tunafish packets or tuna salad counts.

I had a bit of a nap. Brother woke me up saying something about Namir. I think he wanted me to make sure Namir gets let out of his room. I went back to sleep and had weird dreams. Mom woke me up at a point in the dream where I wanted to see what happened next. I had to take a few minutes to clear my head enough to go cook for her. I'm still feeling tired so I'm resting. This type of weather always makes me sleepy.

I went to see a granddaughter in a play. She's been in the local children's theatre playhouse program for the summer. It was good. It was Matilda, Jr. There was a fellow that played Miss Trunchbol and he was so good as her. My granddaughter was good too, but not a main part.

Spicoli, I'm happy for you that you're doing well on your diet. I believe the term is Vegan. Vegans aren't supposed to eat eggs, fish, honey (bc it comes from bees), or jello/gelatin (because it comes from ground up bones).

We don't have those sort of food options down here. I just remembered I'm out of pistachios. I'll have to get more when I go to samsclub. I've been snacking on them when I get the munchies. I need to start putting together some sort of meal plan. More broccoli & fewer carbs. Someone said eating fish 2x a week is supposed to be healthy but I don't like fish enough to stomach it even once a week. I don't think tunafish packets or tuna salad counts.

I had a bit of a nap. Brother woke me up saying something about Namir. I think he wanted me to make sure Namir gets let out of his room. I went back to sleep and had weird dreams. Mom woke me up at a point in the dream where I wanted to see what happened next. I had to take a few minutes to clear my head enough to go cook for her. I'm still feeling tired so I'm resting. This type of weather always makes me sleepy.
Oh, yes... Vegan... Ack!!! I'm going to repeat the detox in 6 months or so, but it will be Paleo with the Beef, Bison, Eggs and Milk / Protein shakes... All Organic or Grass Fed. I will, however notice right away in 3 weeks if my body has any reaction to the Eggs / Milk I bring back.

You don't have what sort of food options?

Packaged Tuna doesn't count for anything because of the huge sodium content. That just results in water retention. I have consumed 6 tins of Tuna a day when I was a young whippersnapper, but my belly won't let me do that now.

Here's some Paleo plans that might work... There's about 18 Billion on the interwebben, one is bound to fit...

https://paleodiet.org/meal-plans/

Jello doesn't sound near as appetizing when one reads how the gelatin is made;
The primary ingredient in jello is gelatin. Gelatin is made from animal collagen — a protein that makes up connective tissues, such as skin, tendons, ligaments, and bones.

The hides and bones of certain animals — often cows and pigs — are boiled, dried, treated with a strong acid or base, and finally filtered until the collagen is extracted. The collagen is then dried, ground into a powder, and sifted to make gelatin.

Ever see chicharrones get made? It's nightmarish. But still, I find those irresistible.

They say two things you don't want to see in the making are sausage and politics. And yet I rebelled against 'pink slime' and HFCS.

Swam 12 laps yesterday. Only had time for 30 pullups but did them in 5 minutes. This week should hopefully be the last really messed up one in terms of my schedule.

Several preppers that store canned corned beef have offered egg recipes. No one suggested Eggs Benedict but I decided to try it. It was a bit squirrely to keep it together to fry as a slice but I muddled my way through. I buttered and toasted English muffin halves in the oven and poached eggs in the microwave. I managed to get it assembled and topped with Hollandaise sauce. It was good but nothing to write home about. I won't be purchasing any more canned corned beef. I may try it with breakfast steak as I have 3/4 cup of Hollandaise sauce left over.

Last edited:
Spicoli, we don't have "grass fed" anything. No bison either. Walmart has been selling regular beef claiming its "angus" but its very clearly not. We also don't have a lot of the same spices that you might find in a larger place.
I went to Samsclub on Saturday and got my pistachios and other groceries. My brother's shoulder is still bugging him so I've had to do more of the heavy lifting and my back doesn't like it. I picked up an online order from Lowes. Instead of me having to deal with people, it was put in a locker. I went in with the barcode on my phone, scanned it, locker opened, and I grabbed my order out. Monday I took my friend to his dental appointment. His dentures were rubbing a spot on his gums so they fixed it. Stopped by the Walmart up in that area that has a hair salon and my brother and I got our hair cut. I hadn't had a haircut since 2019 so it is nice to have shorter hair again. It's not getting wrapped around my neck or grabbing my skin tags anymore.
I'm about to get up and make dinner. I've been resting today-- although I did go pick up prescriptions and some other items.

NC isn't the longest state in the US but it has the longest numbered US highway, US 64 which is 604 miles from the NC/TN border to the ocean at Nags head.

Back