What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear 2 year old Female Cats are the equivalent to 13 or 14 year old Female Humans... I bought 2 giant sacs of Bird Seed to put in the planter right outside their room, and they loved watching the Birds. I am barely through the first bag, and they have no interest in Birds anymore.

I just held one up to look out the window, put her down and she walked in the opposite direction. I bet she said something like "I am like SO SURE... Why don't you understand? We used to like Birds... That was like SO last month. Why don't you Adults ever understand ANYTHING? You won't open the window anyway, what are we supposed to say? "Ooohhh look at the birdies" like we are kids? OH EM GEE... Can you get out of my room now? Shut the door now!!!"

I don't have to raise the Human ones, my Brother does... WHEW!

I swear 2 year old Female Cats ... I bought 2 giant sacs of Bird Seed to put in the planter right outside their room, and they loved watching the Birds.
My cats used to love watching TV shows about birds... fascinated by how many different kinds of birds there are... but I suppose they eventually tire of "look... but you don't get to touch/eat"...
Like teenage boys eventually tire of simply just looking at girls...

LOL! Mine get to go outside and chase the birds. Although Namir and Temjin won't go out. They went outside once and hated it.
Bro got home and I gave him food so he brought in the cat food bag. Tomorrow I'm hoping to do some major cleaning. since I have the gloves, trash bags, and cleaning supplies now. I just hope my back will cooperate with me.

I also need to find my plastic bins and start transferring stuff out of cardboard boxes and into plastic bins.

I also need to find my plastic bins and start transferring stuff out of cardboard boxes and into plastic bins.
I had to put my flour in glass storage containers as I noticed the maggots/bugs go right through the soft plastic of the recycled plastic margarine tubs I had been using...

I'm currently trying to find a better weedeater or bladed trimmer. The plastic wire/blades won't cut it (literally). I want something battery operated that isn't too heavy that I can use to mow down weeds and saplings.

I was going to get my brother to help me clean today but he took Mom's car without permission to go hang out with our friend. She thought he was at work. He's only supposed to use the car to go to and from work but he's back to treating it like its his car again and not respecting the rules. Mom is ticked bc she didn't give him permission and she doesn't like when he adds miles to the car. He also doesn't pay for the gas.

I'm probably going to get up and start cooking in awhile though.

I got tired of my cats constantly knocking my subwoofer & speakers off my desk and knocking my keyboard cover askew. It was always sliding back. So I cleaned the desk, bottoms of speakers, bottoms of cover, etc with rubbing alcohol and put on some Velcro. Seems to be holding for now.

Last edited:
Yesterday for the first time in memory I fueled up the mower without spilling gasoline all over my hands. Bewildered, dumbfounded, and incredulous, I cut all my grass in record time (30 minutes).

Today I must assemble a large piece of furniture, but I'm not certain my schedule will comply...

Yesterday for the first time in memory I fueled up the mower without spilling gasoline all over my hands. Bewildered, dumbfounded, and incredulous, I cut all my grass in record time (30 minutes).

Today I must assemble a large piece of furniture, but I'm not certain my schedule will comply...
You don't have a gas jug with a handle at the top and one on the side that make it impossible to spill on your hands?

Flyover, I'm glad you managed to not spill any gas and that you got the mowing done. Any luck on assembling furniture?

Yesterday is now a blur to me. Today was another useless day. I just woke up a few minutes ago and am still tired. I didn't even stay up late last night, I just racked out again. Chronic fatigue sucks. I'm trying to get myself moving to do something productive. My brother didn't come back until I'd already gone to sleep. When I woke up he told me about some redneck drama. He spent the day over at our friend's house. They were going to watch a movie when the gf said her sister-cousin announced that she and her husband and baby were almost there. They invited themselves over without asking. They showed up & wanted food and offered to cook but said it had to be my friend's food. Friend had some frozen chicken so it got taken out to defrost. While it was defrosting, for some reason the inbred chick stomped into his room (while he was playing video games) got up in his face and started screaming at him and demanding to know when the food would be ready. Her husband was telling her to calm down. My friend told her it would be ready when it was ready & she screamed at him some more so he told her to get the f out of his face. Then the toddler she brought (who is only a few days younger than the friend's gf's baby) started biting the other toddler very hard and wouldn't stop. He ran away from her but she chased him down. Does the asinine mother pick him up and protect him? No. She just kept screaming at her sister-cousin to grab grab the younger toddler and "beat her a**" but the sister-cousin just did nothing. Well, she got the remote to the TV, used my friend's Amazon Prime account, and created a profile for herself without asking. Then as it was getting darker and my friend told the uninvited guests they should go bc it was getting dark. They announced that they planned to spend the night. Friend said "No". They argued and insisted they needed to spend the night. Friend told them to get the f out of his house and told the gf to tell them not to ever come back. We'll see if he remembers. He keeps letting people come back after they use him or are nasty to him. I think he forgets bc of the brain injury.

I discovered that the inside ladder got left outside when they were working on putting up the satellite dish so I have to go lug it in. Also found some stuff that was ruined bc it got left out. My bro and friend said they had cleaned everything up but I think they forgot.

At least my speakers and tray have stayed in place thanks to the velcro.

My 7 week Detox is OVER!!!! For the first time in said almost 2 months, I tasted my Homemade Chocolate with Dates / Raisins / Cashews / Walnuts and Hempseeds that I made for other people but couldn't taste myself.

The Detox taught me a whole lot...

1) The Gut pain I have had since at least 1999 is completely gone, was vanquished in Week 1. I don't feel my Hiatal Hernia, but that feeling has tapered off in recent years. Any bad bacteria / parasites are history.

2) I have ZERO cravings for anything outside clean eating. I am thinking about Ice Cream and Pizza now, but there's no desire to go get them.

3) I have ZERO cravings for Sugar anything, even the fruit in the Chocolate was just a few chunks. I don't have an intense desire to stuff my face.

4) I lost 3 inches from my Belly and 15 Lbs., which was not expected because I ate nothing but Basmati Rice and Lentils all 7 weeks (About 4 bowls a day) along with a Pear almost every day and various vegetables. The Detox doesn't have weight loss written on it with those massive carbs. I did work out, but no more or less than before.

5) I did SWEAT A LOT... We all detox every second of every day, but when specialized herbs are used, it kicks it into overdrive, and that could have something to do with the weight loss. I'm going to do a similar Detox with the same Herbs, but shift the focus to a Paleo / Intermittent fasting program where the carbs will be massively cut down and see what the results will be. I will also do the program when it isn't 82 degrees in the house as a confirmation that I was sweating that much from the Detox. I don't usually sweat that much, so I think I'm right, one way to find out in the Winter / Spring.

6) My Blood Pressure is the same, but I expected that because I used Himalayan salt to not only replenish the minerals I was sweating excessively, but also because Rice and lentils aren't exactly tasty. I will cut that down next time.

7) Clean eating is a forever thing for me now, Not Vegan, but I'm not going to ever have Omaha Steaks or Costco or anything else from the Supermarket. It will all be Grass Fed / Grass Finished Beef, Organic Chicken, Organic Eggs etc...

8) Eating nothing but Rice and Lentils for the most part saves a LOT of cash.

9) I will always have said Week 1 in my plans because of my gut pain being vanquished, but also because it was excellent. I was allowed to mix Butter sauteed Onions and Ginger into my Rice and Lentils, so it tasted great. I also used an Herb combo called Trikatu, which is a mix of Ginger, Black Pepper and Long Pepper.

10) Probiotic supplements do NOT work at all, at least not for me. I had questioned if they even make it past the acidity of the stomach, but even Yogurt and Kombucha were only temporary bandaids.

I'm just blown away... 22 or so years with sometimes ridiculous gut pain... Gone after the first week. I'm sold on Ayurvedic Medicine.

PERIOD.

I'm so glad it worked out for you. I don't know if I have the willpower for the detox thing. And we don't have the grass fed stuff available in my area. I'm especially happy to hear that your gut pain is gone.

I just did some cleaning in the kitchen, I really need to do more thorough cleaning later but I was able to get a lot of stuff picked up. Need to do major scrubbing and disinfecting later. I need to declutter the area around the sink.

Mewlatto just decided that my sole purpose for sitting here is to warm his butt so he just climbed on me. My brother is the one who rescued him, but I'm his favorite human.

I haven't gone outside yet to do the heavy lifting yet.

Oh, my brother said that my friend's bint of a gf did finally pick up her kid to get him away from his cousin after he started screaming in pain and was crying. But she immediately dumped him on my friend and said "I can't deal with him, Bruh" and ran to another room covering her ears. Instead of trying to comfort her kid when he cries she either screams at him or runs out of the room covering her ears. And she's having a 2nd kid. Ugh.

Thanks, Z... Can't really hit the thumbs up though when you mix in the Jerry Springer stuff!

The Grass Fed Meat is my thing. It has nothing to do with the Detox. You would clean the whole house if you did a Carb based Detox. I don't think you would have a choice with all the energy created by Mountains of Rice and Lentils. I forgot to mention how my energy was off the charts.

You (Based on talking to you for quite a while) would have no problem with the willpower to do a Detox. You are mind blocked from starting it or anything else. You're at the speed bump but refuse to press the gas. I have known many people with Chronic Fatigue / Fibro... You are all the same, it just comes down to whether people want to try reversing it or not.

You don't have a gas jug with a handle at the top and one on the side that make it impossible to spill on your hands?
I have one of those red plastic gas jugs (two actually, one five-gallon and one two-gallon) and they both have one handle in the top corner and one spout in the other top corner. The spout is the kind where you have to turn a collar to a certain position to "unlock" it so the spout can sorta telescope inward and this allows the gas to flow out of it. And the collar has a spring action of some kind so if you let go of it it will go back to the "lock" position.

This means one hand always ends up having to be on the collar and near the spout, at least at the moment when the gas starts flowing. I've found those things are never leakproof and some gas always ends up seeping out around the collar, even if it's tightened down as much as it'll go. And that's when gas doesn't splash on me from the open end because while I was focused on lining up the collar and getting the spout to telescope in I didn't notice the tip of the spout is now resting against the inside of the tube that leads into the gas tank instead of pointed squarely down the middle...

So yesterday I must have had some combination of luck and a perfect storm of doing everything just right.

Can't really hit the thumbs up though when you mix in the Jerry Springer stuff!
^Hilarious.

I haven't had time to assemble new furniture yet. I have to factor in time to disassemble and remove the old furniture!

I cooked but didn't get the heavy lifting done. Didn't want to go outside. I'll have to make myself do it tomorrow. I watched some stuff on DVR while I ate and then went back to bed. Mom was watching Youtube and feeling antisocial.

Ok, I noticed a side effect of going off the Detox, whether it's good or bad... Apparently I am wickedly lactose intolerant now. I had 4 spoons of Yogurt to see if I would have a reaction. It's like an elimination diet, the whole purpose being to reintroduce foods you haven't had to see how your body reacts.

Well, that was a mistake. While I was normally very tolerant to Milk products, this little experiment turned offensive in a couple of hours. My guts started cramping and it turned into a scenario more like "Hey Honey, we still have those bottles of Mexican Water we have been saving, why don't I chill those out while you heat up that tub of week old Burritos and Sour Cream? The kids are gone, we have both bathrooms to ourselves... Lets put on some Barry White and...."

To further my new allergy to Yogurt, I had a massive migraine around bed and woke up in the middle of the night with a headache, akin to a Whiskey Wakeup... "I will NEVER drink again... NEVER" kind of feeling. I also had a constant snot clearing episode, which did make my breathing better because it was all running at once... (I still have a snot river now, some 15 hours later)...

I'm hoping it's just Yogurt, and regular Milk doesn't affect me since my main source of workout shakes is Grass Fed Milk / Grass Fed Powder... I could make Coconut Milk as a sub.

The problem to the reintroduction is I have to do it like that... I have to cook a pound of Beef or Bison alone just to see if I'm affected. Meat isn't normally an allergy food, but there's only one way to find out. I WILL NOT eat fake Soy "meat" garbage or Tofu ever, no matter what. There is long standing orders in the family to take me out to the back 40 with a Glock or a Mossberg if I ever become a Soy Boy Tofu Vegan. Not happening.

If I'm also allergic to Milk, the worst case scenario is I have to keep eating Lentils as my main source of Protein, which isn't that bad because they are loaded with protein, and the massive carb load apparently doesn't affect me like I thought since I lost inches and weight.

I have to figure out a Beef / Bison dinner dish to go along with Lentils once I clear the meat through my "allowed" filter.

I know I'm not eating Pasta / Pizza / Bread again, Cheese is probably gone etc...

All in all though, with the Gut pain gone for the first time this Century, I wouldn't go back for anything.

I have one of those red plastic gas jugs (two actually, one five-gallon and one two-gallon) and they both have one handle in the top corner and one spout in the other top corner. The spout is the kind where you have to turn a collar to a certain position to "unlock" it so the spout can sorta telescope inward and this allows the gas to flow out of it. And the collar has a spring action of some kind so if you let go of it it will go back to the "lock" position.

This means one hand always ends up having to be on the collar and near the spout, at least at the moment when the gas starts flowing. I've found those things are never leakproof and some gas always ends up seeping out around the collar, even if it's tightened down as much as it'll go. And that's when gas doesn't splash on me from the open end because while I was focused on lining up the collar and getting the spout to telescope in I didn't notice the tip of the spout is now resting against the inside of the tube that leads into the gas tank instead of pointed squarely down the middle...

So yesterday I must have had some combination of luck and a perfect storm of doing everything just right.
Ok, my 5 gallon has the turn spout that lets off pressure just when I twist and unlock it, then it leaks a bit no matter what when I reattach the spout. I have to use Nitrile gloves because I have to pop the Yellow stopper out, so will touch gas a little bit. The spout is inside the gas can when it's not used to pour.

I'm not getting how you normally pour gas all over your hands. I have never seen a gas can unlike mine. It's universal as far as I know, going back to when I was a kid.

The spout on my gas cans is just like this:
26683_2000x2000.jpg

You see that green collar at the base of the spout? It has to be twisted to "unlock" which allows the spout to push in and the gas to flow out. The collar is spring-loaded, so it "locks" by default; you can't just leave it permanently "unlocked". This means you have to have your hand there to twist it each time, and some gas always leaks out at that joint.

Anyway, I'm surprised you had a reaction to yogurt of all things. I've been lactose intolerant most of my adult life but yogurt never gave me any problems. I wonder if maybe it was something else, or if it was bad yogurt.

Ok, so some gas leaks out... You said it spills all over your hands... I don't think there is any cans made that are free of that problem. Here is what mine looks like...

It was brand new Yogurt, nothing was different in my eating besides the Chocolate ingredients, but that was hours before. I'll test that also.

Attachments

• GAS.jpg
    GAS.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 0
Well it only takes about a tablespoon of any liquid to leak all over your hands! And gasoline is particularly noticeable.

I don't know exactly what effects you had from the yogurt, but speaking of, er, gas...lentils will do that to ya. Also, you already know this of course but your guts are a world unto themselves, and like a finely tuned instrument, when you rebalance in one direction, things in another direction will be thrown off, which means something like the pears or vegetables (which ones?) could give you problems for a little while until your gut readjusts. So maybe don't change anything and see if it clears up naturally?

Something happened to me around age 30 where for like 3-4 months I experienced something akin to IBS if I ate anything that wasn't salad. I don't know what caused it (a doctor said it was just aging, coming out of the last throes of young adulthood or something?) and it went away on its own.

I don't like safety gas cans. I have an old five gallon can that I bought motor oil in decades ago. I use it with a funnel and with any luck it will outlast me.

Some say proper diet and exercise has been shown to lead to 6-12 months life extension. However it surely makes it seem like a heck of a lot longer.

Well it only takes about a tablespoon of any liquid to leak all over your hands! And gasoline is particularly noticeable.

I don't know exactly what effects you had from the yogurt, but speaking of, er, gas...lentils will do that to ya. Also, you already know this of course but your guts are a world unto themselves, and like a finely tuned instrument, when you rebalance in one direction, things in another direction will be thrown off, which means something like the pears or vegetables (which ones?) could give you problems for a little while until your gut readjusts. So maybe don't change anything and see if it clears up naturally?

Something happened to me around age 30 where for like 3-4 months I experienced something akin to IBS if I ate anything that wasn't salad. I don't know what caused it (a doctor said it was just aging, coming out of the last throes of young adulthood or something?) and it went away on its own.
Well, this whole journey with Lentils didn't result in Gas because (I assume) I soaked them overnight and cooked them until they were real done. The Ayurvedic Doctor that was the instructor said that about Lentils, and their substitute Mung Beans.

The rebalancing you're talking about is exactly what an elimination diet is. I drank a big glass of Milk about a half hour ago, and will know soon if that creates problems. Protein shakes with water are horrible, so I hope I'm good.

Sounds like that Doctor had no idea what they were talking about, which is 95% of MD's because they aren't trained in Nutrition. "Sounds like it was just aging" is AKA "I have no idea what I'm talking about because Pfizer doesn't sell it."

If I can't eat Yogurt, that's no big deal because it wasn't the cure for my IBS or whatever I had anyway, I just thought it was a remedy. I can give the rest to my Dog.

Back