What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 7 week Detox is OVER!!!! 1) The Gut pain I have had since at least 1999 is completely gone,
I had enlarging liver and ever increasing liver pain for years... that almost killed me... until I read it was our poison city tap water doing it... their water reports always claimed we had the best tap water in the country... switching to bottled water stopped the pain in a day or two and it hasn't ever came back... liver size is slow in receding, though...

I had enlarging liver and ever increasing liver pain for years... that almost killed me... until I read it was our poison city tap water doing it... their water reports always claimed we had the best tap water in the country... switching to bottled water stopped the pain in a day or two and it hasn't ever came back... liver size is slow in receding, though...
You think it was the chlorine in the water or maybe fluoride? What in the water do you attribute to your liver problem? I haven seen you state this many times but I don't recall you mentioning if you figured out what it was exactly? I live near you but I'm not on municipal water anymore, though I was for some time.

Yea there's a lot said about the algea blooms nowadays. The city systems were overrun in 2014, they never thought it would be that bad. They have since put a lot on money in upgrades to handle future blooms, they happen every year. If the system works correctly they cyanobacteria are killed alomg with any other bacteria. I didn't have any issues with that episode, we were on Toledo water then. Some people like you had big issues, sort of like covid in that regard I guess, some get a sore throat and some die. If I were you I wouldn't drink it either unless you use an RO system or something.

Hopefully some of the things that are being done will reduce the problem going forward. I know a lot of the farmers around me are leaving fallow ground along creeks to reduce runoff. I assume we are paying them for that. Sounds like the bloom is less this year. I know when I've been out fishing on the lake it seems lighter. I remember 2014 and few other years. It's pretty gross to actually be out there in a bad patch. Putrid lime green muck. Makes a mess on your boat.

If the system works correctly they cyanobacteria are killed alomg with any other bacteria.

It's pretty gross to actually be out there in a bad patch. Putrid lime green muck. Makes a mess on your boat.
Once the algae put the poisons in the water, it has to be filtered out... if they can do that...
Early 1960's my father stopped taking us/boat out into Lake Erie because you couldn't even see the water, so much algae it looked like we were boating on a lawn...
I have to look through our old 8MM movies, I think we have one of Edmund Fitzgerald going past us while we're fishing...

I would do a consult with a Holistic / Ayurvedic practitioner. I'll link the Dr. that taught my course below. He can probably provide the answers you need for your liver.

I once heard a PhD say that just by quitting drinking, one will have a brand new liver in 7 Months (Assuming you don't live in Shanghai and you don't have other severe problems). The liver is the only organ that regenerates itself like that.

https://internationalintegrative.com/about/kp-khalsa/

I had no problem with Milk, so I don't understand the Yogurt reaction, but was real excited that I drank a Grass Fed Protein shake this morning, about 2 hours before my workout. There's no point in doing that and it made me full and lazy, and it unlocked my sinus cavity and turned it into a River. I only did 4 exercises on my glorified coat hanger before swearing to myself that I would remember the shake only AFTER the workout...

Only been doing this for about 30 Years, Numbnu..

Spicoli, it sucks that you had a bad reaction to yogurt. I hope you're feeling better now.

I took Mom to an eye appointment. Her eyes are doing great for her age. She wanted to go to Walmart after so we went & got some stuff. I had to keep reminding her that she got a frozen meal so she would hurry up but it didn't work. Got some yogurt as well. It usually helps my stomach when I have gas. Then we went to Samsclub because we were out of milk. She took her sweet time in there. I got more cat food but one of the bags had some sort of slimy substance on it. I didn't get that bag but whatever the stuff was made my hand start turning red and get irritated. Fortunately, they had a sink with soap near the frozen section (for the people who have to set up the sample stations). Washed my hands and the irritation subsided. I wonder what was on there though.

Grabbed Wendy's on the way home. Decided not to get fries. Just grilled chicken sandwiches with lettuce. Mom got a burger and said that she liked it better than the McDonalds burgers but later told my brother she "hates" food from Wendy's. I don't know if she forgot or what. LOL.

Unloaded groceries, fed the kitties, and took a 4 hour nap.

I'm hoping I'll have energy to do stuff tomorrow. Need to do more cleaning.

Grabbed Wendy's on the way home. Decided not to get fries. Just grilled chicken sandwiches with lettuce.
Went to Church's Chicken Tuesday for the Tuesday Special but they ran out of chicken and closed. They're also almost out of stores now, 4 stores down to 1 now here. Closed the 3 stores in areas of town where they get robbed daily. (what certain people call "under served communities" with no stores)
So went next door to McDonalds and got a chicken sandwich... couldn't believe it was $5.50 now instead of a dollar or two... Church's would have had 4 pieces of fried chicken for $5... real chicken with the bones in them... not chopped, formed, and glued back together chicken... that half tastes like glue... young people nowadays don't even know what chicken tastes like, they grew up on Chicken McNuggets...
A friend pronounces sandwich as 'sanddridge"... I used to tease her that a sand ridge sounded like some gritty eating...

@BuzzLOL Your mentioning Churches Chicken shutting down reminds me of all the help wanted signs around where I live. I remember going to a Krystals about 6 weeks ago and pulled up to the drive through. The voice told me they had no food right now as she had to cook it and it would be at least 15 minutes. She was there alone. I told her I would come back another time. But a "fast" food place with only one person?

They just cannot get enough workers.

There are no Church's chicken places in my area. I don't know if there ever were, but a lot of places have shut down. Your McDonalds only charges $5.50 for the chicken sandwiches? They are over $7 here (and not for the meal). And that is before the 10.45% sales tax.

I see the "help wanted" signs all over but I know people who applied and are told "We aren't hiring right now" or "We already filled the positions".

HandyOne, they probably sent everyone else home because it was "slow" and they didn't want to be "high on labor". They do that all the time.

I had a good nap yesterday, slept through most of the night, & had a long nap today. Got up and cooked for myself and am about to go into a food coma.

Tried to install Windows 10 upgrade about 3x but it won't go through for some reason. I'm not sure why.

My brother went to work and I'm waiting for Mom to want food so we can play the game of her trying to decide what she wants to eat while getting distracted by her computer and completely ignoring all attempts to communicate for 10+ minutes then getting angry when I leave the room. Or her thinking in her head that she's hungry & not saying anything to me and then screaming at me that she told me she was hungry.

Well, I have you all defeated. I have never heard of Church's Chicken. Always been KFC and I have seen one Popeye's on Fort Lewis. I can't eat those types of oils anymore, though. I bought a new oven with an Air Fryer specifically for Chicken. I'll try fries also, but there's only one food I can't have that I miss, and that's Fried Chicken.

A good sit down Burger Joint around here was around $12 for a Giant Burger, Giant Fries and a Soda pre Covid, and there's a few others that were along those prices. During Covid, I was curious what McDonald's would charge even though I will never eat it again. I called and they said their Quarter Pounders were $5.

It's all those people that were screaming for $15 an hour... Live near a Big City? See all those homeless tents? They weren't there prior to $15 an hour. They weren't in Seattle, now it's festering with homeless druggies / drunks. They thought their landlords were magically going to keep the rent the same, and eating would cost the same. Their employers fired them or cut them down to part time because they can't afford $15.

The only fast food joint in Seattle that can afford $15 or more is the McDonald's by the Ferry Dock that sees 8 Million people walk past a day. The only other places are Trains in Chicago, Airports etc... If they worked in the middle of the City and screamed for $15 without having a shred of education in how economics works, they have a tent now.

OOPS.

@BuzzLOL
They just cannot get enough workers.
The 'workers', most of whom haven't learned how to really 'work' yet, got used to an extra $300/week on top of usual unemployment pay plus Vote Buying 'Stimulus Money' and demands for $15/hour minimum from businesses that can't sell products at that high a price, don't want to go back to a 'job lifestyle' at realistic wages...

Your McDonalds only charges $5.50 for the chicken sandwiches? They are over $7 here (and not for the meal). And that is before the 10.45% sales tax.
I won't be paying $7... or even $5.50 again for a little chopped, reformed, and glued back together 'chicken' sandwich which leaves me hungry and tastes half like glue... they're up and out of my everyday meal budget range now... let McDonald's close down...

I won't be paying $7... or even $5.50 again for a little chopped, reformed, and glued back together 'chicken' sandwich which leaves me hungry and tastes half like glue... they're up and out of my everyday meal budget range now... let McDonald's close down...
I wish McDonald's would tank. I wish all fast food would tank and they planted Millions of acres of Organic crops, which would plunge those prices. Fantasy world, I know...

Fast food prices will tank a little bit when the people finally aren't paid to sit around and do nothing. It will also tank a little because they don't listen to their customers. If they did, the McRib would be around year long. People have a Cult like following for that fake glue meat like you talk about.

Big Business can fail with horrible leadership, as proven with Sears / Kmart. Their idiot CEO gave away the store with their rewards program, turned Craftsman into a garbage brand etc... Then there is Bed Bath and Fascist. They refused to sell My Pillow because the founder of My Pillow is a Trump fan... Well, who gives a S what he thinks? Their job is to sell stuff, THAT IS LITERALLY IT. They ticked off more than half the Country with that, then refused to listen to a 10% owner of the company, who said SEEYA and sold all 9 Million of his shares, tanking the stock yesterday. Their realistic value is lower than 320 Million, which is tiny.

I wish McDonald's would tank. I wish all fast food would tank and they planted Millions of acres of Organic crops, which would plunge those prices. Fantasy world, I know...

Fast food prices will tank a little bit when the people finally aren't paid to sit around and do nothing. It will also tank a little because they don't listen to their customers. If they did, the McRib would be around year long. People have a Cult like following for that fake glue meat like you talk about.

Big Business can fail with horrible leadership, as proven with Sears / Kmart. Their idiot CEO gave away the store with their rewards program, turned Craftsman into a garbage brand etc... Then there is Bed Bath and Fascist. They refused to sell My Pillow because the founder of My Pillow is a Trump fan... Well, who gives a S what he thinks? Their job is to sell stuff, THAT IS LITERALLY IT. They ticked off more than half the Country with that, then refused to listen to a 10% owner of the company, who said SEEYA and sold all 9 Million of his shares, tanking the stock yesterday. Their realistic value is lower than 320 Million, which is tiny.
Guess you didn't notice that whenever a food is marked "organic" the price is 50-100% higher...

Fast food places will prolly all close except in areas where a lot of overpaid $Millionaire sports, entertainment, politics, and Pres./CEO/V.P. people live...

Uh... stores don't carry $33 'My Pillows' because you can walk into Walmart and buy a pillow just as nice for $3... he expects people to pay $33 for political reasons... and he sells a few for that reason...
However, I think closeouts store Ollies now has some and sells them off for less...
Seeing the $33 price, an antigun Parkland murders Democrat kid also started selling high priced pillows... LOL! ... Expecting antigunners to pay anything for them...

Well, I have you all defeated. I have never heard of Church's Chicken. Always been KFC and I have seen one Popeye's on Fort Lewis.
KFC around here has prices 2-3 times what Church's charges and their chicken pieces are smaller. Most of the KFCs that were here have now closed. KFC went on a campaign a few years ago not wanting to look racist or real or something with that Col. Sanders white haired white guy and Kentucky and just wanted to be called only "KFC"... Like high prices BP doesn't want you to know it's British Petroleum forced to sell gasoline in USA for 1/4 of what they charge in UK. Shell doesn't want you to know it's Royal Dutch Petroleum.
I've tried to buy fried chicken at several other 'chicken' places around here but they all only have high priced sandwiches or nuggets of chopped, reformed, and glued back together 'chicken'...
Once I had a taste for mashed potatoes with real chicken gravy... but every 'chicken' place around here only has generic brown gravy... whatever that is...
http://www.Churchs.com (884 stores)

Last edited:
Guess you didn't notice that whenever a food is marked "organic" the price is 50-100% higher...

Fast food places will prolly all close except in areas where a lot of overpaid $Millionaire sports, entertainment, politics, and Pres./CEO/V.P. people live...

Uh... stores don't carry $33 'My Pillows' because you can walk into Walmart and buy a pillow just as nice for $3... he expects people to pay $33 for political reasons... and he sells a few for that reason...
However, I think closeouts store Ollies now has some and sells them off for less...
Seeing the $33 price, an antigun Parkland murders Democrat kid also started selling high priced pillows... LOL! ... Expecting antigunners to pay anything for them...
Yeah, planting millions of acres of Organic crops will drop the prices massively. "Health Care", AKA Death Care costs are through the roof because of people sitting around eating the chemical "food" from FF joints and from Hamburger Helper and Potato Buds boxes.

BUT... If there was nothing but affordable Organic foods, people wouldn't need Pharma poisons that their fake "Doctor" that went to Pharma University deals them, so Pharma would crash, and we can't have that, can we?

They don't carry Mypillows because they are Fascists. They carried them before the election. I have no idea if they are good pillows or not.

Back