What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Morning Folks...

Didn't do a lot yesterday, woke up rather in a lazy mood... played on my phone most of the morning... Then we decided to take Carl for his walk down at the riverwalk... Then we went to a flea market, which we go to every couple of months... Then to Wendy's to get Carl his double stack... Just the hamburger and cheese part... That was about it for yesterday...

Today, I checked in where I was doing surveys... and noticed I had 17,800 points... So just cashed them in, and gave me $150.00 for Amazon... So may look on there later, and see if there is anything I really really want... Isn't there a song that goes like, really really want... LOL...

Well, today, I have to go pick up my meds, and I want to look for a good body shop... and see how much it would cost to do a couple of rust areas on my 2006 Ford... If it's cheap enough, probably get them to do it... if not, I will do it myself as I have in the past...

Well, Folks, that's about all I have today... Hope everyone has a GREAT day...
Cheers~
Me

My Cats jumped into my Range box because they are Cats, and decided instead of just jumping back out, they would punch a hole in the side to get out... Why not, right?

I love them, they are my little furry Terrorists... I'll never get another one, I'll never even let another one in my House.

Should have gotten a couple Mogwai... Oh well. I'm responsible, wouldn't feed them after Midnight.

Attachments

• Box.JPG
    Box.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 0
I tried to start those twice, both threads were locked by Liberal moderators.
Our moderators are not liberal. What we REALLY dislike is the personal attacking that generally accompanies a political discussion. As long as the topic is peaceful, people do not attack, and not use a yelling voice (all caps), then we try to keep an open mind to any discussion, provided it doesn't disrupt the main reason for the forum. The other attempts because so ugly, with posts spewing hatred, and the members were warned multiple times to calm it down or the thread was going to be locked.

You should get the old film put on DVD to preserve the images. My mom did that with some old film of my dad racing. There is also some old footage from the Indy 500 back in the mid 60's. It pretty cool to look at how the track looked back then and there were both front and rear engine cars. I don't think it was too expensive.
DVD format prolly about obsolete already... the formats seem to change so quickly these days... I've seen 78 RPM records, 45s, 331/3 long play, stereo, 16 RPMs, ReelToReel, 8 tracks, cassettes, 4 channel, BetaMax, VHS, SuperVHS, 5.1, DigitalVHS(don't recall that one but it's on my last VCR), CDs, DVDs, BluRays, hosting, Cloud... I'm a little nervous about cloud, we don't control it, can't touch it or throw it in the closet, and if it disappears, nothing to do about it...
During the plandemic our last big Family Video store was torn down and replaced with a giant Circle K gas station... for a while there was a video rentals store about every other block...
Went to some Indy 500 Races in '60's - '80's... streaking going on... have some Polaroid instant pictures... earlier think it was Mickey Thompson used the Olds/Buick aluminum V8 and Chevy V8 in Indy cars... did OK until transmission failed...

Our moderators are not liberal. What we REALLY dislike is the personal attacking that generally accompanies a political discussion. As long as the topic is peaceful, people do not attack, and not use a yelling voice (all caps), then we try to keep an open mind to any discussion, provided it doesn't disrupt the main reason for the forum. The other attempts because so ugly, with posts spewing hatred, and the members were warned multiple times to calm it down or the thread was going to be locked.
That's why I started the Politics threads. If there is a fight there, so be it. If you can name a time in our History that politics hasn't been a fight, please do so. They don't even fist fight anymore, much less shoot each other!

I don't attack people here, I eviscerate their politicians that have destroyed this Country since day 1 of Obama's 3rd term. You of all people should know that, you're in the Mothership.

"A NASA space probe is scheduled to crash into a small (600' wide) asteroid TODAY, the first-ever test of a potential planetary defense strategy that would alter the trajectory of space rocks before they make an impact with Earth. -1440 News
"Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) declared a state of emergency over the weekend, preparing for the looming landfall of Tropical Storm "Ian" WEDNESDAY. As of early this morning, "Ian" was on the verge of becoming a Category 1 hurricane." -1440 News

Spicoli, adorable little face peeking through the box. Today I scrounged for boxes and packed up Mom's laptop. They said not to send the AC adapter. I put sticky notes on it with the temporary password as well as the RMA code on the laptop. Put a sticky note with the RMA code on the retail box. Put RMA code and name on the brown sleeve box. Put RMA code twice on the outer box-- used a toto toilet tank box bc I couldn't find anything else the right size. $96 to ship it (including insurance). While I was bending down to stuff bubble wrap into it I pulled my back. Had to stop and put ice packs. Can't bend at all. Currently have heat on it while ice pack is re-freezing. My friend commented "All that work you did and you got your a** kicked by a box". LOL.

So, I won't be cleaning today.

I have people on another forum shaking their milk to see how far they can push it beyond the date. I am not running a test but do notice the date every time I use milk. My current jug has a date of 9/7. I make certain to taste it before adding cereal.

I am not comfortable painting entire societies with a broad brush, especially when some of them have over a billion people in them. Though I have heard, from many people from those countries, that conformity is more of a prized thing in that part of the world (if it were true then maybe a broader brush could cover more people), but when I look at the endless range of what those places produce in terms of culture, it makes this notion about conformity seem meaningless. It's like saying "Americans prize independence": well okay, maybe there's some way you can say that after giving people a survey or recording how many times the idea comes up in our books or something, but I look around me and see 9 out of 10 people here who do not seem to prize independence at all, either in their ideas or their choices.

I can't tell if I am legitimately sick or if I'm just having the worst, longest-running side-effects of a vaccine I've ever experienced. I was going to have my first-ever guitar lesson today but I think I will postpone it a week.

I also decided to wait on sawing down branches until the leaves are off.

Maybe I'll mow...we'll see how I feel.

@havasu: That's a lot of ammo. Do you work for the IRS?

Another morning... Good Morning Folks...
Well didn't sleep really well last night, must be the rain, damp weather, and pain. heavy duty drugs... and here we are... Might try back to bed in a bit, if the drugs kick in... That's why, not a huge fan of winter anymore, pain = Lots of drugs... Anyhow... Still green side up...

Well, cashed in another site I do surveys for, and made a total of $50 there, so now have a $200 credit at Amazon...

What did I do yesterday, not a hell of a lot... Grin...

Spicoli, adorable little face peeking through the box. Today I scrounged for boxes and packed up Mom's laptop. They said not to send the AC adapter. I put sticky notes on it with the temporary password as well as the RMA code on the laptop. Put a sticky note with the RMA code on the retail box. Put RMA code and name on the brown sleeve box. Put RMA code twice on the outer box-- used a toto toilet tank box bc I couldn't find anything else the right size. $96 to ship it (including insurance). While I was bending down to stuff bubble wrap into it I pulled my back. Had to stop and put ice packs. Can't bend at all. Currently have heat on it while ice pack is re-freezing. My friend commented "All that work you did and you got your a** kicked by a box". LOL.

So, I won't be cleaning today.
Hope YOU begin to feel better @zannej

Hope YOU feel much better to @Flyover

Hope YOU all have a wonderful day...
Cheers~
Me...

I am actually feeling better already, so I'm going to keep my guitar lesson. After playing for 23 years it feels odd to get a lesson now but I'm excited to see what I'll learn, or unlearn.

And I do think I will mow.

Though I have heard, from many people from those countries, that conformity is more of a prized thing in that part of the world
It's like saying "Americans prize independence": well okay, maybe there's some way you can say that after giving people a survey or recording how many times the idea comes up in our books or something, but I look around me and see 9 out of 10 people here who do not seem to prize independence at all, either in their ideas or their choices.

I can't tell if I am legitimately sick or if I'm just having the worst, longest-running side-effects of a vaccine I've ever experienced.

I also decided to wait on sawing down branches until the leaves are off.
Conformity is a hallmark of dictatorships... conform or die is the rule for 99% of the people... and then the top 1% have extreme freedom... if the girlfriend of a 1% elite 'prince' gets pregnant and he doesn't like it, he just kills her or has her killed... and nothing is done about it... as I recall, recently a prince of the UK was running naked through Las Vegas here in USA... and in China, Iraq, Iran, etc. it's a lot worse... and don't get me started on Hunter Bribery...
You must be blind if can't see independence in Americans! I've had many foreign people tell me can spot an 'American' in their country just by the confident way they walk compared to other people. Americans expect to be able to walk anywhere they want and do anything they want with nobody hassling them! Do Americans go to only one type of restaurant? No, there's 100 kinds of restaurants/foods choices! Do Americans houses all look the same? No, 1,000 styles of houses choices. Do Americans all live in houses? No, many in apartments, condos, villas, underground houses, basements, etc. choices.. Also, Americans like to stay independent of other countries after seeing entangling alliances devolve into two world wars... only still militarily occupying Germany, Italy, and Japan to this day has prevented WWIII for 77 years so far... after WWII followed WWI by only 20 years...
If you're using the word "vaccine" for Covid shots... well... they're not... they don't prevent getting flu, spreading flu, or having flu tip you through death's door if already at it...
If cutting limbs that might fall on house or garage roof, might do it while leaves still on to slow and soften the blow and prevent roof damage...

Latest posts

Back