What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rolleyes:
The 'town alcoholic' was a common trope for centuries.

only a tiny minority of those have their drug use interfere with their jobs/family/etc.
Yes, one alcoholic per town... not 75% alcoholic/stoner like this city has now!
This city has 1 1/2 murders weekly now and hundreds of other daily crimes thanks to drug abuse!
My burglar alarm sign out front has a bullet hole in it... my next door neighbors' porch where their grandkids play has a bullet hole in the front and out the side... stuff like that was all but unheard of a few years ago! I will always fight against you evil drug abuse pimpers/protectors!

I'm glad you weren't on top of the WTC when the fiasco happened.

I remember we had just come back to the mainland US a few days before 9-11. My father went to work and called and I answered the phone & he told me to turn on the news. He had to send all of his workers home in case someone attacked other federal buildings.

My body hates me today. Legs don't want to cooperate. Arms are a little sore but I had trouble managing to get up and sit down without my legs giving out. So, floor cleaning will wait until Monday morning.

Drugs are everywhere, and now the real cool Fentanyl is everywhere thanks to the open border policy of the Obama admin. That's 100% fact. It doesn't hurt that the Left is 100% Commie CCP lovers either, since that's where Fentanyl is made.

I have never seen Coke or Crack or Meth or Heroin because I don't go looking for it, and people that have it hang out with each other and don't look for people to share it with.

Crime is different here though, since everybody is well armed. People won't generally shoot to protect their cars from getting jacked or anything like that, but criminals have to be Weapons Grade Stupid to break in houses, because that's probably the last thing they do.

People won't generally shoot to protect their cars from getting jacked or anything like that
Hah, that's good since it'd be murder! You're allowed to shoot people in self defense, if you believe they represent a clear and imminent threat to your life or someone else's. Some states have castle laws that offer additional protections if you kill someone in the act of breaking into your house. Someone who steals your car while you're not in it is neither a threat to your life nor breaking into your house.

Of course if someone carjacks you--points a gun at you while you're in your car and says "get out and give me the keys"--that's a situation where you could probably kill in self defense.

Alcohol is definitely a gateway drug when drinking to excess.

I did not sleep well at all last night, my back was killing me all night. I didn't get much done today because of it, but my daughter helped me move shelves, empty the freezer, move it and repack the freezer as well as empty and move the small metal shelves that housed my moms canned goods.

I was hoping to get alot done today. I also swept and mopped the floor. I emptied out a pantry and put the contents on the 2nd shelving unit behind the curtain. I still need to put the shelves on the left side in the weird room in the garage, but I am not ready for that yet.

Anywho.... the first pic is before, the second pic is what I've done so far. I still need to paint the chest of drawers for my daughter and take that to her.

Clearly..... I still have several hours of work to do, idk that I will get it 100% done before I have to go back to work on Thursday, but I am going to try. My lower back has hurt all day. Hopefully it will go away when this weather front moves out.

20220911_101025.jpg20220911_184446.jpg

Hah, that's good since it'd be murder! You're allowed to shoot people in self defense, if you believe they represent a clear and imminent threat to your life or someone else's. Some states have castle laws that offer additional protections if you kill someone in the act of breaking into your house. Someone who steals your car while you're not in it is neither a threat to your life nor breaking into your house.

Of course if someone carjacks you--points a gun at you while you're in your car and says "get out and give me the keys"--that's a situation where you could probably kill in self defense.
Yah, that's why I said "generally"... I wasn't talking about any laws, I was talking about how someone would feel if their car got jacked, and how they would feel if they were liquored up, which is a sport here.

If someone carjacked me, I would spray them in the face with Bear Spray and handcuff them to the mirror and take them for a jog like Belushi.

@Spicoli43 I don't have a pantry or very many cabinets so I use the metal shelves as a pantry. It works, and keeps me from doing something dumb in order to have a pantry. However, I would prefer a wall of cabinets so that it is neater. The curtains I had hung hid my moms stuff, so they can just stay and do the same thing for the pantry.

Looks great, Shan.

I'm too exhausted to think right now. Had to go into town and meet up with my friend briefly and then got takeout food from Burger Inn. Mom got the catfish and I got the chicken.

Watched a couple of episodes of "Expedition Unknown" last night about Egyptian Pyramids and Burial Tombs. but they aren't the famous ones (or any I have heard of)... They showed where they discover the Tombs of King Merenre and other Men to include Henu, Yaret and Pepi Nefhany.

They also show what's claimed to be the Mummy of King Merenre on display, but question whether it's actually him.

They talk about why any Pyramids aren't built like the ones at Giza...

Some they show excavated with the Hieroglyphs, and some are excavated real time and we see the Tombs for the first time in 4000 Years...

In one excavation, they find the vessels that held the 7 sacred oils used to anoint the deceased and a 4000 Year old wooden figure that was a servant offering to a Pharaoh...

Just trips me out... I could watch stuff like that constantly.

Attachments

• Egypt.JPG
    Egypt.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Good Morning Folks... A new week...

Yesterday I got all the back shutters painted, except for the second coat on the workshop shutters before the rain. Got the firepit cleaned out for the next fire... Sprinkled the ash around my trees... It's great for the growth except for veggies and fruit trees and bushes... I ..can't believe how far that gallon of paint went... did everything we wanted to paint, and did two coats on all of it... and there is about an inch of paint left in the can...

Today I have to go to Kingston which is about a 45-minute drive up the 401... Going for an introduction to a new drug...

My lower back is being hateful today so I might get out the heating pad.
Hey Buddy have you tried a thing called the tens machine... I and my wife used one through all our injuries through the car accident... and we still use it if, we ache... I also lent it to a Buddy, who'se back had him bent over and couldn't stand up straight... and once on the floor couldn't get up... Both times he put on the tens machine... and he was up within an hour and moving like there was nothing wrong with him... You should look into one...

Well, everyone, I hope YOU all have a wonderful painless day... God Bless YOU all...

But they're forcing you to work several years to buy another car... or the insurance company to pay for it from working people's premiums... should be legal again to shoot all thieves/criminals...

Alcohol is definitely a gateway drug when drinking to excess.
And religion addiction is a GateWay Addiction... if you can get someone addicted to religion you can get them addicted to about anything...

But they're forcing you to work several years to buy another car... or the insurance company to pay for it from working people's premiums... should be legal again to shoot all thieves/criminals...
What did the constitution do to you, to make you hate it so?

I was supposed to mix kitty litter into some old paint cans so I can clean them and throw them out (our trash people won't take paint cans with paint in them) but I didn't get around to it. I have time tomorrow though.

I have never seen Coke or Crack or Meth or Heroin because I don't go looking for it, and people that have it hang out with each other and don't look for people to share it with.
When I was a sophomore in high school I had a girlfriend who was a senior. She graduated and went to college out west somewhere, then dropped out and moved back home. The winter after I graduated high school I crashed at her house for a few days.

I hadn't seen her since she'd graduated, and she had apparently picked up a coke habit. I hung out with her while she snorted the stuff through a rolled up $20 bill. She offered some to me but I declined. I remember thinking at the time, "Maybe this is how people pick up habits like this." I wonder if I'd spent another few weeks at her place would I get curious and try it. And then if I really liked it or found it fun, would I go looking for more on my own. I'd guess that's probably what happened to her.

Come to think of it, I had a similar experience with a friend who smoked meth, where I watched him smoke it while we were hanging out and playing music together. Only, he didn't offer me any, and I wasn't going to ask for it anyway.

You can choose to be absolutely anything in life, choose to be kind.

Onto other subjects.....

@flyovfor whatever reason, there for a while, copper pans came in just squares. The square ones are nifty to have when cooking bacon 🥓. I prefer non-stick my son likes to cook on high and it annoys me when he uses my nonstick, so I keep the copper around for him to use.

I got my info from my new student loan servicer today. The PSLF for working for a non profit is a mess. 14 years of service..... 2 years of payments counted. Hopefully they get payment counts caught up soon. I'm sure that'll stir up conversation.
My special bolts came for my rider today... now if only it didn't have flat tires. I have some legal things to do tomorrow, so I may just stop and get no flat tires at tractor supply and then I will have spares.
Hope everyone is doing well!

The square ones are nifty to have when cooking bacon
Of course! That makes a ton of sense. Do the corners have trouble getting heated evenly?

there's nothing in the Constitution that says you can't shoot thieves..
I know the 8th amendment doesn't have a lot of bumper stickers dedicated to it, but it still exists.

But also, just using your brain for half a second suppose it was legal to shoot thieves. How many murderers would simply tell the judge "Uhh, the guy was trying to steal something"?

Back