What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Morning Lady, Gentleman...

Well, it's Thursday already, not really sure where time is going these days, but sure like to slow it down a wee bit... or a lot... Just going by way too fast, man, we are already in the middle of September...

Well yesterday, Carl and I took a load over to the dump and stopped at the drugstore to pick up a prescription... Then picked up the wife, and we took Carl down to St. Lawerence for his walk. He walks with such proudness like it's his park... Quite funny...

Then we went and got a few groceries, cuz the wife is going to be out of commission for a few days as of 3:30 today, she is getting some teeth pulled out...

We came home, Did a Prime Rib on the BBQ, or as some of you call it, the Grill... Did some Yorkshire puddings... It was delicious...

That's about yesterday for me...

Redneck... Good your boy is still with you... I would blend up some Organic Carrots and Beets and make him some Organic Burdock Root Tea. Ask your Vet about that, if they say no, Fire them.

Burdock is an excellent Liver / Blood Cleanser for animals and humans. You can do research on that, and in lieu of Tea, you could sprinkle a TBSP of Burdock Root on his food.

Also, research Dandelion Root as well... Good Luck!

https://www.vitacost.com/frontier-natural-products-organic-burdock-root-cut-and-sifted
https://www.vitacost.com/starwest-botanicals-dandelion-root-raw-cs-organic
Thanks, Buddy, spent some time on the web pages you sent me, Looks very interesting on the Burdock Root. I sometimes drink (when I can remember) Something mushroom tea... Made from the mushrooms growing on dead birch trees...
I felt a little light headed today so refrained from working on my patio moss removal project. It may be from being off my BP supplement since last Friday. A new supply arrived today so I am taking one extra with each dose today to reload my system.

I am may pull a little English ivy that I let get away from me.
Hey @Eddie_T, Hope YOU are feeling better Buddy... You need to get back on your BP supplements...
Oops. it as Redneck who had the dog that was ill. I got two posts confused. LOL.
Yeah, kinda figured that out Buddy, Thanks for your good wishes, and am sure Carl appreciates it also...
I went to the courthouse today to file the summary release from administration since my mom had no assets. Let me tell you what, I WAS doing ok since she passed, but the rudeness over my questions was ridiculous. Apparently in my county its a secret what forms you need.... some counties have links to forms needed.... mine doesn't.
So.... then I called a couple of estate attorneys..... cheapest was $500 plus the $200 filing fee..... there is literally only about $1100 in her account. I am so irritated at how much greed is in this country.
She literally had nothing of physical value in life. Why does this have to be so ridiculous.
UGH!
Funeral Homes around here do a lot of that work for you, especially for the price they charge for funerals today... Or your lawyer should be doing it for you... Wish we lived closer, would be over in a heartbeat to help YOU out... I wish YOU good wishes for it all... I know it's a lot of work... My Mom had it all prepared for me to do when it came time after she passed...
I have two dwarf Pitties that Ruby and I rescued from a local shelter because they were slated for euthanasia. We need to find permanent homes for them. They have been neutered and have all their shots. They are the most loving dogs you’d ever want.

View attachment 28487
They are brothers and are about a year old. We would be willing to drive them closer to NC
They are GORGEOUS @Ron Van, Great looking Pups!
I probably make too much money for probono. The problem is that her estate is <5k.... so that's why I was doing the Summary release from Administration. Its $200 to file it, and if not filed correctly/with correct forms, its another $200 to refile. I called a few law offices, one gave a flat $500 fee, plus filing cost, one said split between $175/hr and $145/hr, dependent upon which person did what work.... and another offered to set up a "consultation" to answer questions for $246. There is barely $1k in an account, she has no other assets. I did think about maybe seeing if the NH could find out for me. I had to go there today and they asked me if I wanted to come work with them, or just sit in the office and play psychologist (we were telling stories). By the time I got done at the courthouse, they were gone already. I may try to call in the morning before my work week starts up again.
There are some counties that list what you need on the website or pdf form..... my county just isn't one of them unfortunately.
Hope I am not budding in here @shan2themax, But I think you should be able to get probono being it's your Mom's estate, not yours. I would think your income would have nothing to do with your Mom's stuff... I would be looking into that if I were you... Hope it gets easier @shan2themax ... Good luck, and God Bless...

Well, Kids... Not a lot planned today, except getting the wife into the BIG city of Ottawa later today, about an hour and a half drive for her dentist appointment... Probably end up back in bed for a couple of hours of sleep... Haven't been sleeping very well these days...

Hope YOU all have a GREAT day... Play safe... God Bless...
Cheers;
Mike

Thanks, Buddy, spent some time on the web pages you sent me, Looks very interesting on the Burdock Root. I sometimes drink (when I can remember) Something mushroom tea... Made from the mushrooms growing on dead birch trees...
Chaga is all I can think of for mushrooms and Birch trees. I have never tried that.

Burdock Root is really an amazing all organ cleanser since it cleanses the Blood. It actually tastes good also, there's no apprehension or need to add sweetener, but I will add Raw Honey sometimes.

Chaga is all I can think of for mushrooms and Birch trees. I have never tried that.
That's it... Chaga... When I was drinking that all last fall and winter, I had lots of energy... did me wonders... And somehow, the habit got broken, and it was then forgotten... Great stuff for an energy booster... Gotta get me some more of that stuff, also great for the lungs...

Hawthorn berry arrived yesterday. I Immediately took four capsules later it dawned on me that I should have taken my BP first. When I got around to taking BP it was 144/72. I took another four capsules at bedtime and this morning BP is 125/70 so today I will revert to my normal dosage of three capsules tid.

Hope it helps, Eddie.

Spicoli, I hadn't cleared my e-mail out since 2019. I'm on e-mails from 2020 right now to delete. I have a lot from this forum and sister forums reminding me every time someone makes a post. Wish I could do a weekly thing instead of every single time. I haven't messed with the notification settings though.

Laundry had to be dried twice and it was dark when I finally got it out. folded it and plopped it on and around a basket and the foot of my bed (as I couldn't see to put stuff away). Cats are happy with fresh clean laundry to sit on. I put on freshly cleaned pajamas and they wanted to climb on me. I guess they like the smell of the detergent. LOL. I had the soothing music for cats going again last night and they gathered close to the speakers to listen and sleep. They woke me up when they were hungry so I fed them and went back to sleep with the music still playing so several finished eating quickly and came back to listen to it. I really should get to the store today when I wake up enough. Was up late working on the laundry so I didn't get enough sleep.

Hope it helps, Eddie.

Spicoli, I hadn't cleared my e-mail out since 2019. I'm on e-mails from 2020 right now to delete. I have a lot from this forum and sister forums
Most of the emails I get are somebody cutting and pasting info from medical writings. As many words as will fit into one email. Most times it's a coherent article, sometimes each sentence or two is drawn from different articles. I skim through the emails for something worthwhile and then delete the crap ones 160 at a time with one click. I'm sure I can do that lots faster than they can write them. I'll keep deleting them for a while and see if they eventually get tired of writing and sending them. If they don't, I'll have to start blocking some URLs from Russia. I just don't want to block any good Russians legitimately seeking psychological help or seeking honest general info about USA life and attitudes...

Last edited:
I'm going to make some calls to the NH and to some legal aid type places as several of you have suggested and see what they say. It can't hurt.
I did not sleep well last night and I am struggling being awake at work today. I work until 11pm... so still have a few hours to go.

We had a body found on the railroad tracks a week and a half ago, someone had killed her and burnt her body. Luckily he was found quickly.... but what on earth is wrong with people. Not much has been said about the perp, but apparently the lady struggled with addiction. I snooped around Facebook and found his mom, I am sure she is heartbroken. The deceased ladies daughter spoke up and said that her mom was the kindest individual she knew. I pray she can find some peace.

Guess I should get back to work.....break time is about over.

Also...... I never did hear back from the structural engineer. Waiting on these people to return calls is tiring. More tiring than the year+ of procrastination on my part.

I decided to wait to cut down the tree branches until the leaves have fallen off. I do need to mow tomorrow but once that's done I've got an exciting woodworking project to make progress on.

Shan, I hope you can make it to the end of your shift and stay awake. I just saw my brother asleep in his computer chair with his World of Warcraft game open & his character dead while he's in a group with a bunch of other people. Woke him up and said "Did you fall asleep? Did your character die while you were asleep? Might want to let your group know". So he told them he fell asleep again.

Tragic about the poor murder victim. The railroad tracks thing made me think of a song about the villain threatening to tie a woman to the railroad tracks if she didn't give him the deed to her ranch. "And then along came John".

Eddie, I am looking forward to seeing your next woodworking project.

Who was it that had the teabag fix for the fingernail? Was that Eddie? Or Flyover? I can't remember. I'm trying to remember what the fix was so I can tell my mother to try it. Her nails keep splitting.

Went to the store, got some groceries, cooked, stuffed my face and am about to nap.

Zann, Flyover is the one with a new woodworking project coming.

Here's the instructions for split nail repair;
  1. Remove any nail polish and wash hands with an oil-free cleanser.
  2. Cut a tea bag into a piece large enough to cover the tear or thinning area.
  3. Apply a clear coat (which will act as your glue) and while wet place tea bag piece over tear.
  4. Press down with finger or tweezers to make sure there are no air bubbles between the "gauze" and the nail.
  5. Apply another coat of clear polish and allow it to dry.
  6. Buff nail with a file to smooth out the texture.
  7. Apply base coat and polish as usual!

Decided to do a 24 Hour batch of Chocolate. I have been doing batches of about 8 hours, but the people that are more experienced in making Chocolate say run the refiner for 24 Hours because it takes away more of the bitter flavor of the Raw Cacao... I like it fine at 8 Hours, so much to the point that I don't add Sugar, but I will see if I notice much of a difference.

I have made absolute Plain Cacao before and Salted it, which was great, but I normally add a trail mix with fruits that make people forget it doesn't have Cane Sugar. This batch is 70% Dark Milk Chocolate... (650 Grams Cacao, 300 Grams Coconut Milk Powder, 50 Grams Cacao Butter)... The mix is Dates, Raisins, Mulberries, Apricots, Cashews and Pumpkin Seeds. I salted it when it was placed in the pans, but I think I was too late. The mix dries incredibly fast.

This 1KG batch routinely makes around 5.5 lbs of finished product, dependent on the trail mix ingredients, of course... Typically 2 full Gallon Ziplocks.

The White powder is NOT as fun as you think it is.

Attachments

• Choc.JPG
    Choc.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Choc2.JPG
    Choc2.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Choc3.JPG
    Choc3.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Got my new bankcard and cute little one hand 4" blade chain saw delivered today... post office and Fed Ex... saw came a full week early... Surprised to see Fed Ex, thought it would be one of the new China Deliveries... Fed Ex just lost a bunch of money so maybe they gave them a new competitive low delivery price...
I was signing up online for a streaming service to watch an Ohio State CFB game and while signing out didn't realize the crooks had slipped several other automatically renewing subscriptions in as well... it was a week free trial and card wasn't supposed to be charged until after the week was up, but they charged me instantly. Unsubscribe email says it doesn't work. Had to change card number so bank could refuse it all.
I then used FUBO which seemed to be OK...
Thought the $27 chain saw would use the same battery for my drill so didn't get the battery. Battery cost twice as much as the saw. But I think I can modify the saw to plug into the same battery. Saw 1/4" off bottom of saw using 10" table saw and bend the contacts to the proper spacing. Latch is the same. Prolly have to tape the battery on so it's secure enough.

I was signing up online for a streaming service to watch an Ohio State CFB game and while signing out didn't realize the crooks had slipped several other automatically renewing subscriptions in as well... it was a week free trial and card wasn't supposed to be charged until after the week was up, but they charged me instantly. Unsubscribe email says it doesn't work. Had to change card number so bank could refuse it all.
What streaming service conned you? I have to get Sling later this year for 1 game, only had problems with Sling and Fubo when they were brand new. Fubo was so bad with glitches that they game me repeat free months, total of 6 or so. I only subscribe to the service for a Month for the game and catch up on some good shows, but can't keep it permanent because there is too many commie channels.

Bet the Fedex executives don't trim their salaries at all.

I was reading a novel and for whatever reason it awoke a series of thoughts from the past. First it was how some people are full of themselves, then it was that test pilots often wear scarves around their necks like women, then it was that Marty Stuart (not a test pilot) wears a scarf. Finally the path stopped at an old test pilot who ended up manager of a Boeing field operation (where I ws employed) but still wore a scarf. The manager was Alvin "Tex" Johnston who happened to perform a barrel roll with a Boeing 707. That thought train was called up by something seemingly unrelated other than some action at the back side of an airport.

Latest posts

Back