What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUT... If there was nothing but affordable Organic foods, people wouldn't need Pharma poisons that their fake "Doctor" that went to Pharma University deals them, so Pharma would crash, and we can't have that, can we?

They don't carry Mypillows because they are Fascists. They carried them before the election. I have no idea if they are good pillows or not.
Unstoppable problem now is Govt's are paying $$Trillions to shots makers for deadly nonworking fake 'vaccines' allowing the shots makers to 'donate' $Billions to TV doctors and politicians to lie to us... so much dark evil money is impossible to stop these days...

Stores that want to survive a plandemic don't rebuy and stock over priced items like My Pillows that don't sell...

Didn't realize in early 1950's most people didn't know who Col. Sanders is... now young people prolly don't know again who he was... he was often brought up to illustrate 'it's never too late'... he started his business at age 55...

Well, they have Billions whether Covid ever happened or not. They own almost all media, there is independent people that tell the truth that they aren't vaccines, but no big media because they can't bite the hand that feeds them. Then there is Blackrock, Vanguard and State Street that own every single company in the land that has a share price over a few bucks.

There is no such thing as a "Soda War" between Coke and Pepsi... Said 3 Institutions own 764M shares of Coke and 280M shares of Pepsi. It's the same exact thing for Insurance, Oil, Telecom, etc... etc... etc... AND, as an added bonus, Blackrock is full on loving the CCP.

MyPillows sell Millions, the dude spends $5M at a time on ad buys. If they didn't sell, you wouldn't have heard about them. What doesn't sell is the whackjob Nazi fist raising kid that you brought up earlier. That pillow company never launched. I'm not buying a My Pillow, Serta is the best for me, had them for years and just donated my last one to the Dog.

I see Colonel Sanders ads every now and then, they reinvented him with Norm Macdonald and then others playing the part. They closed the KFC here though, I think.

Well, they have Billions whether Covid ever happened or not.

They closed the KFC here though, I think.
But now Govt.s worldwide are paying $$Trillions for a deadly nonworking fake 'vaccine' and nobody well known and followed has the balls to come out and say: "the emperor has no clothes on"... 'it doesn't work' !!! And anybody who does gets banned from evil Facebook, Twitter, etc...

Used to be a KFC across Dixie Hwy from me... it was hilarious... a kid who worked there was renting a spare bedroom from me... they fired him... then the equipment quit working... nobody left there knew how to get it going again... so they came over here and got him to get it going again... but otherwise he stayed fired...
Across my front street is another restaurant that charges $8 for a hotdog, tiny 1 oz. bag of potato chips, and a small soda pop... cars are lined up at the drive thru window... I think I've gotten food there about 5 times in 42 years here... usually a soft serve ice cream cone...

There are prolly some good My Pillow knock-offs by now. We tried a lot of different pillows before trying My Pillow finding that it works as advertised and still going after about seven years.

A buddy of mine paid $12 for pancakes with apples at Cracker Barrel and said he wasn't going to eat out any more. I called him today and he had taken his niece out to lunch.

My wife and I were at a friend's wedding this weekend. This is a friend of ours from high school, so there were a handful of other people there we'd known from high school as well but whom we hadn't seen in a long time, and a few of them we haven't seen since graduation 20 years ago. My wife and I are both in great shape (actually, I'm in better shape now than I've ever been, and my wife is in great shape despite having had three kids), still youthful looking, etc. (my wife looked incredible, easily outshining most of the other women there including much younger ones) and we remarked privately to each other about how poorly everyone else seemed to have aged. We've dealt with hard times, poverty, sickness, all that stuff. So how do other people let themselves go like that?

Flyover, sometimes its genetic. Some people seem to age faster just by genetics. I know people who started going gray in their 20s because that was how things went in their families. Different metabolisms are another factor. Undiagnosed insulin resistance is a huge problem. It can cause people to gain weight even when they diet and exercise properly.

The only reason I heard of Church's Chicken was from a Carlos Mencia skit. We don't even have a KFC nearby. There's a Henry's Burger Inn that has great fried chicken. I don't like the breading on fried chicken so I always peel it off.

I like to air-fry chicken without the breading. I wish we could find the Hungarian Sweet Paprika again though. Mom grew up with that stuff and her grandmother taught her a few recipes using it. It's great on chicken.

When I visited my sister she took us to a Cracker Barrel. My brother-in-law said that only the breakfast there was good. It was lunchtime and we all ordered breakfast and the waitress said "Oh, you've been here before" as an acknowledgement that their lunch sucks. The biscuits there were actually pretty good-- which is odd since it was Albuquerque and the Cracker Barrel in West Monroe, Louisiana had the worst biscuits I've ever had in my life. Our late elderly friend, Jean, had invited us there.

I'm still glad that Panda is open. I can get chicken sticks, long beans, beef with broccoli, and egg drop soup.

I found some "organic" milk at samsclub and it tastes so much better than the great value stuff. So we've been getting it instead of great value. Although, I might get the great value just for cooking.

I went to the store today and grabbed a few things. Got home and napped and then got up and cooked for Mom. She actually wanted veggies so I microwaved some frozen broccoli (Bird's Eye has it in steamer bags).

Zannej, that just kicks the question back to: why would problems with metabolism, insulin, bad genes etc. be so common? Not even common but overwhelmingly dominant!

Some things she and I do that I'm coming to find out might be unusual:
- we don't eat like crap
- we exercise almost every day and when we're not exercising we still don't spend a lot of time just sitting around
- we aren't regular drug users except for coffee
- we practice very good hygiene

Zannej, that just kicks the question back to: why would problems with metabolism, insulin, bad genes etc. be so common? Not even common but overwhelmingly dominant!
At 74, my classmates look older, as well... until I look in the mirror... LOL!
Met with some classmates last week, shocked to hear one had his polio come back... not sure if defective early polio vaccine gave it to him as a young child or not... we were in 1st and 2nd grade when polio vaccines first became widely available...
Polio was horrible and widespread before us... even Pres. FDR caught it and eventually died as a result of it... (ditto for small pox/monkey pox)
Flyover, people die at every age from 1 second after conception to age 122... in fact, 1/2 of conceptions aren't compatible with born life and die before or during being born... everybody does better, average, or worse in the genes lottery... be thankful if you are nearer the winning end of the genes lottery... everyone has to manage to get by no matter where they scored in the genes lottery... or how much lifetime they have to work with...

Last edited:
Flyover, it could be the food they eat, it could be the environment they lived & worked in. Who knows.

My father and his older siblings were all born before the polio vaccine came out and they all got it-- although, my father was an infant when he got it so his he didn't find out until he was much older. My aunt got it the worst. It nearly crippled her & she died at the age of 52. Combined with stress/pain from a broken tailbone, botched surgery to fix it, post-op infection, exposure to Agent Orange, illness from mercury fillings in his teeth (causing migraines), & malpractice from the cardiologist, my father only made it to 61. My uncle (the oldest of the 3) is in his early 80s and is still doing ok.

I got up and unloaded stuff from the truck. Sat down to have some beef with broccoli while watching Guy's Grocery Games. Meat didn't go down right, got stuck, and I choked. Everything came back up all over my legs, all over the poor cat (Rupert), all over the floor. Took me about 20minutes to purge it all. It came out my nose. I went to blow my nose and chunks of broccoli flew out. Went back to clean up the floor but the dogs beat me to it. I drank a lot of water and am about to take a nap.

I got that furniture done today!

My car wants an oil change again, and I'm sick of every time having to lug out the jack and stands, and then the crouching and pumping and cussing at my jack because it is too short to get my car high up enough off the ground to fit the stands underneath, and all that just so I can get STARTED changing the oil, so I finally bought a set of ramps on eBay. I bought the oil and filter today at the store, so I'm all ready to go when the ramps get here in 10 days.

I hope the ramps work. Do you have a creeper to make it easier to slide under the vehicle?

I don't have a creeper but I've never really needed one. I just lay a piece of cardboard under there and get down carefully.

Just thinking as I waited for the TV to boot. At one time we had to wait on tubes to warm up, next came solid state and instant on, now we have computers on board and are back to waiting.

Made some Grass Fed Beef Chili with Caramelized Onions, Jalapenos, 7 or 8 spices, Tomatoes and Sauce, and 3 kinds of Beans for maximum enjoyment. I used canned tomatoes and sauce because I wasn't going to buy fresh if I ended up being allergic. All good there, no allergies to anything.

I did forget to buy sufficient Jalapenos though, thought 2 would do the trick but they were just flavoring. Round these parts, sometimes they just aren't Hot. I have eaten them off the plant in my backyard one year like a snack, then regretted that bigly the next year. I like to sweat a little while eating, without burning my face off. I'll have to add some Cayenne next time.

So far post Detox, only allergic to Yogurt, so I'm fine with that.

Spicoli, that chili sounds like it was probably good. Next time if you want you could skip the jalapenos altogether and go for habaneros. One or two ought to do it. If you dice them finely and add them early, 1/4 with the beef and the rest with the other ingredients, it gives the chili a nice velvety heat. Over the years I've found caramelizing a finely cubed sweet potato along with the onions is game-changing too.

(I had to edit that; if you add the habaneros to the onions it will turn the air in your kitchen into tear gas.)

I have never liked Jalapenos. The ones at school tasted like cardboard. I've been told habeneros are good but I can't eat them. My brother used to make a honey habenero sauce that friends really liked.

Thunderstorms and rain all day today. I did some cleaning, napped a long time, & then went to put gas in the CR-V & get more groceries. Still need to get oil change in CR-V. Due for oil change in the truck late next month. Friend's baby turned 2yrs old on the 20th. Still doesn't understand a damn thing anyone says to him and can't even say "mama" or "dada". He makes babbling sounds but doesn't seem to attach any meaning to it. My sister & I already knew our alphabet & were starting to read at that age. My sister could say "dioxyribonucleic acid" at that point.

I'm thinking of getting shrub killer and tackling the chinaberry trees out back (when it isn't raining) and seeing if it works on the damn thing. Might have to use it more than once and see if it actually kills the stupid trees. They are still somewhat small.

Bought some cleaning supplies from Amazon and they should arrive Thursday. I'm hoping these stupid storms pass soon & we'll have a few days without rain so I can work on killing those weeds.

Thanks for the tip, Flyover. Habanero is probably my upper limit. I'll never be one of those people that think they can eat a plate of Ghost Peppers. I have never heard of using Sweet Potato, but will try it. I used a TBSP of Cacao powder a couple years ago, but forgot the result.

Back