What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you realize that almost cost you a son... and your niece had to fix it...
A junkie I know got forced into 90 day rehab by his kids last Tuesday... that will prolly cost us taxpayers $100.000.00... because our Govt. does the wrong things but is generous with our hard earned money... to fix their same blunders over and over...
Very much so... We all tried and helped him over the years... and my niece didn't have to fix it... she tried the ways we have all tried... She has degrees in that stuff... But don't point fingers at me telling me I didn't try, and my niece had to do it... We all tried...

Thanks, Redneck... The Dishwasher heater sounds like it could be it. Extended warranties are absolutely needed these days, but not in the old days... Now there is no Lonely Maytag Repairman, dude is booked solid 24/7 repairing the pieces of... Maytag garbage.

Congrats on your Son, that's an insane story. Good luck with your Dog.

Very much so... We all tried and helped him over the years... and my niece didn't have to fix it... she tried the ways we have all tried... She has degrees in that stuff... But don't point fingers at me telling me I didn't try, and my niece had to do it... We all tried...
Your comment reminded me of the websites where you can only UPVOTE things... no matter how evil, stupid, wasteful, perverted, or murderous... there's not a 'thumbs down' option... which is why the world is getting weirder and weirder and more murderous as everything is only APPROVED...

Just read a NYTimes article on the war in Ukraine. It's upbeat and only mentions weapons and land. Deaths are ignored...

Your comment reminded me of the websites where you can only UPVOTE things... no matter how evil, stupid, wasteful, perverted, or murderous... there's not a 'thumbs down' option... which is why the world is getting weirder and weirder and more murderous as everything is only APPROVED...

Just read a NYTimes article on the war in Ukraine. It's upbeat and only mentions weapons and land. Deaths are ignored...
I agree with YOU 100 percent... Nowhere can you find a thumbs down... I hate praising things that don't need the thumbs up... That's why I use the sad face on these bulletin boards.. places like facebook need a thumbs down... This world is getting scarier and scarier... Where people went to war and fought for our rights... Here in Canada, they need to get rid of the young offender's act... old enough to do the crime, old enough to do the time...

I find ever since the WEF said they need to dissolve 8 million people of the world, everything is out of control... We must fight for the rights of hums again... and punish those that need to be punished... Build bigger pens...

I don't have the answers @BuzzLOL, But am willing to join forces and find a way to make the world safe again... It is a wonderful world, if all the Ukrainians, and Russians who are at war, put all their guns down.. and walked away, and let the leaders argue it out... It's not the countrymen of both countries' arguments...

Hope you have a GREAT day...

e with YOU 100 percent... Nowhere can you find a thumbs down... I hate praising things that don't need the thumbs up... That's why I use the sad face on these bulletin boards.. places like facebook need a thumbs down... This world is getting scarier and scarier... Where people went to war and fought for our rights... Here in Canada, they need to get rid of the young offender's act... old enough to do the crime, old enough to do the time...

I find ever since the WEF said they need to dissolve 8 million people of the world, everything is out of control... We must fight for the rights of hums again... and punish those that need to be punished... Build bigger pens...

I don't have the answers @BuzzLOL, But am willing to join forces and find a way to make the world safe again... It is a wonderful world, if all the Ukrainians, and Russians who are at war, put all their guns down.. and walked away, and let the leaders argue it out... It's not the countrymen of both countries' arguments...

Hope you have a GREAT day...
Thank you!

Don't know about Canada but here in USA we already have too many "pens", our main 'growth industry'! We need to stop the source, the addictions filling those pens! And need to stop protecting the criminals... Stop fighting merely the symptoms...
Yeah, the public in Ukraine - Russia don't want to be killing each other, it's one guy at the top of each of these two countries waging a religion-fueled war... their two deaths would be vastly better than the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent peons...

I decided to put together the laundry cart I bought on an impulse yesterday. It looked like it would be nice and sturdy because its metal. The metal isn't exactly weak, but it uses these crappy plastic clips that kept popping off, every 2 seconds & that wouldn't stay in place so I had to take it apart more than once while trying to get stuff put back in place and stuff just fell apart as I was trying to get the stupid clips back on. I had to resort to using packing tape to tape the stupid things shut so they would stay on, but some of them still slid afterward-- they made an audtible click when they hit the grooves so I know they are lined up properly but they are absolute garbage and I'm sure they will sip off on the bottom shelf if I put something too heavy on it. I'm tempted to drill small holes and put pop some screws in to some of the spots to keep them from slipping down.
I also discovered the brackets to attach my toilet seat are missing. I had them in a specific place but now they are gone so I had to buy a whole new hinge kit (it is a sturdier kit and better design) since they discontinued the old one.

Well, as I told you earlier, we took Carl to the vet this afternoon... I wasn't sure if he would be coming home with us or not... Well, he is sitting right beside me... He's got a clogged-up liver, so he's on 2 antibiotics... and on a fat-free diet for a bit... It is nothing too serious... His age has a lot to do with it, but my boy is still with us...huge relief... Everything else is still perfect with him...Thank the Lord for that...20220509_154813.jpg

@RedneckGrump I am so happy your son got clean. It doesn't matter who got him there. A good friend of mine last his son to an Overdose almost 6 weeks ago. My heart breaks for him.
Also... the contractor that screwed me over several years ago overdosed on purpose this past weekend. I hate it so much that he chose a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I didn't get a lot done today. It took forever to reorganize the one set of shelves, I got I done and had to redo some of it because I forgot to add my moms canned goods. Its done now though. I also loaded the dishwasher with some silverware, pots/pans that were heres also, so that I can pack them up clean. I may try to wash alot of the corelle this Sunday when I am off work.
I also Inflated my riders back tires with a bicycle pump.... we shall see if it hold overnight. I got the new nut put on, now I am just waiting on the trickle charger. My son weedwacked some of the backyard for me. Hopefully Sunday I can attempt to get it mowed down.
Its been raining on and off so the guy hasn't been able to come for an estimate.

Anyhow, here's what I got organized today
20220913_220736.jpg

Shan, I'm so glad your dog made it and that it isn't too serious. The shelves are looking great. I watched a bunch of random videos-- pouring concrete, cleaning, buffing headlights, etc and I don't know where the time went.

@RedneckGrump I am so happy your son got clean. It doesn't matter who got him there. A good friend of mine last his son to an Overdose almost 6 weeks ago. My heart breaks for him.
Also... the contractor that screwed me over several years ago overdosed on purpose this past weekend. I hate it so much that he chose a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I didn't get a lot done today. It took forever to reorganize the one set of shelves, I got I done and had to redo some of it because I forgot to add my moms canned goods. Its done now though. I also loaded the dishwasher with some silverware, pots/pans that were heres also, so that I can pack them up clean. I may try to wash alot of the corelle this Sunday when I am off work.
I also Inflated my riders back tires with a bicycle pump.... we shall see if it hold overnight. I got the new nut put on, now I am just waiting on the trickle charger. My son weedwacked some of the backyard for me. Hopefully Sunday I can attempt to get it mowed down.
Its been raining on and off so the guy hasn't been able to come for an estimate.

Anyhow, here's what I got organized today
View attachment 28481
Thank you @shan2themax, I am very proud he got cleaned, has changed his life, and is doing 100 percent better...

Shelve looks wonderful, GREAT job!!!

I waited weeks for the repair of my broken microwave...finally, yesterday the service guy called me to confirm the appointment and inquire what the problem was. I told him, and he said it's probably a broken magnetron. The repair visit itself would be something like $120 and then another $300-400 to replace the broken magnetron. He then left a space in the conversation that seemed intended for me to fill with "Guess I should just buy a new microwave instead, huh." So I cancelled the appointment and now today I get to go drop $200-300 on a new OTR microwave, which I will have to install, which if memory serves is a giant PITA. But first I'm going to do a bunch of research to find out which microwave is least likely to break on me after a couple years.

Redneck... Good your boy is still with you... I would blend up some Organic Carrots and Beets and make him some Organic Burdock Root Tea. Ask your Vet about that, if they say no, Fire them.

Burdock is an excellent Liver / Blood Cleanser for animals and humans. You can do research on that, and in lieu of Tea, you could sprinkle a TBSP of Burdock Root on his food.

Also, research Dandelion Root as well... Good Luck!

https://www.vitacost.com/frontier-natural-products-organic-burdock-root-cut-and-sifted
https://www.vitacost.com/starwest-botanicals-dandelion-root-raw-cs-organic

Eddie, if you're willing to get a short-haired dog with a squarish head, they are all labeled "pit bulls" and are overflowing the shelters. In my experience they are uniformly sweet and loyal. You could take home two or three today.

I waited weeks for the repair of my broken microwave...finally, yesterday the service guy called me to confirm the appointment and inquire what the problem was. I told him, and he said it's probably a broken magnetron. The repair visit itself would be something like $120 and then another $300-400 to replace the broken magnetron. He then left a space in the conversation that seemed intended for me to fill with "Guess I should just buy a new microwave instead, huh." So I cancelled the appointment and now today I get to go drop $200-300 on a new OTR microwave, which I will have to install, which if memory serves is a giant PITA. But first I'm going to do a bunch of research to find out which microwave is least likely to break on me after a couple years.

Extended Warranty on the new one!!!

Yes, they are a PITA, you need someone holding the thing there for a while.

"Break on me after a couple years".... That is everything now. Nothing lasts in appliances.

Just looked at a Microwave on Lowe's and HD... HD has a 5 year extended warranty for $95... Lowe's is only 3 Years. Menards has 5 Years also.

Eddie, if you're willing to get a short-haired dog with a squarish head, they are all labeled "pit bulls" and are overflowing the shelters. In my experience they are uniformly sweet and loyal. You could take home two or three today.
My daughter has 2 pit mixes and they are the sweetest things, my oldest son has their brother.... he is psycho..... not really he is just super high energy. Other than there colorings, you would think they came from 2 different litters because of their size and shapes.
These are my daughters babies; Taro (boy, multi) and Indie (girl, tan)682260249.jpg

And my sons: Atlas
IMG_2150.jpg

That is one of the things I love to scrap @Flyover, There are 2 very nice magnets in microwaves, they are about 2 inches round, with a 1/2 inch hole in the center... I use the magnets for all kinds of things in my shop...
Redneck... Good your boy is still with you... I would blend up some Organic Carrots and Beets and make him some Organic Burdock Root Tea. Ask your Vet about that, if they say no, Fire them.

Burdock is an excellent Liver / Blood Cleanser for animals and humans. You can do research on that, and in lieu of Tea, you could sprinkle a TBSP of Burdock Root on his food.

Also, research Dandelion Root as well... Good Luck!

https://www.vitacost.com/frontier-natural-products-organic-burdock-root-cut-and-sifted
https://www.vitacost.com/starwest-botanicals-dandelion-root-raw-cs-organic
Yeah, our vet told us to get that and milk thistle, It will help his liver very very much... But thank you for suggesting that @Spicoli43

Well, today got some running around to do... a trip to the dump, look for those things for Carl...Blood test for the diabetic doctor...pick up a prescription... Take Carl for his walk down on the riverfront... And make supper or buy dinner tonight, cuz Lorie has some teeth to come out tomorrow...

Well, Lady and guys... I hope YOU all have a GREAT day... and God Bless YOU all...

Cheers, Mike

That is one of the things I love to scrap @Flyover, There are 2 very nice magnets in microwaves, they are about 2 inches round, with a 1/2 inch hole in the center... I use the magnets for all kinds of things in my shop...
Is there a safe/easy way to get those magnets out? I don't want to get fried.

If there are two nice magnets in there, they're each $100 magnets as far as I'm concerned so I'd rather not throw them out. Anything else I should try to scrap from my old microwave too?

Back