What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@havasu I didn't do much today myself.... worked my 12 hours today, and practiced my " being the change I wish to see in the world"
Looked at the weather forecast.... its supposed to rain Thursday... ugh!! This grass situation is annoying to say the least.... maybe it will hold off for a day or so.
I should be asleep already for work tomorrow.... yet here I am.
Ok... goodnight all, quit all the fussing.

Yesterday didn't do an h3ll of a lot... Took Carl to get his nails trimmed, went for a walk down at the water... saw a boat from Auckland, New Zealand... I think that's the furthest away boat I have seen this year...

Today, I have to take the newest truck in for its oil and lube... Not sure when the oil was changed last,,,
time... and hate not snowing if it's synthetic.. or normal... But I think there is a filter if it's synthetic... Guess time will tell...

Suppose it rains most of the day, so I think I will work on my taxes, and get them sent in... So, I hope YOU all have a GREAT day...
cheers~

A buddy usually makes dinner once week for his brother and me. I go early we have a beer, maybe smoke a cigar and I may fix some small problem for him. He made us a delicious one cup peach cobbler. Ingredients are;

1 cup milk
1 cup SR flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 can peaches
1 stick butter

Butter is melted in a 9" x 9" baking dish while mixing milk, flour, sugar and vanilla. The batter is poured over the butter and un-drained peaches (or other fruit) is placed on top . Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until crust is browned.

edited to add sugar (very important

Last edited:
A buddy usually makes dinner once week for his brother and me. I go early we have a beer, maybe smoke a cigar and I may fix some small problem for him. He made us a delicious one cup peach cobbler. Ingredients are;

1 cup milk
1 cup SR flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 can peaches
1 stick butter

Butter is melted in a 9" x 9" baking dish while mixing milk, flour and vanilla. The batter is poured over the butter and un-drained peaches (or other fruit) is placed on top . Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until crust is browned.
Sounds delicious... Very good...

Well, I took the new truck to us for an oil change... and the owner of the shop who I trust more than I can tell you, I've dealt with him for many years... and he would tell me if a vehicle is not worth fixing or it is... For example, I had a 2004 Chevy Trail Blazer, with 602 km on it, the body was starting to fall off, It needed a new tranny... He told me the truck is not worth it... Most places would just put in a new tranny... Anyways, back to my day... So took the new truck in for a 10 o'clock appointment for an oil change, cuz I was unsure of the last oil change... and The owner Mike comes to me, to tell me I need a wheel bearing... So, I am going to go to the garage that did the safety... and see how we can settle this...

So at home waiting for the owner Mike to call me, come and get me, and pick up the truck... Then probably take Carl for his walk down to the Riverfront... and that will probably be the day...

So, I hope YOU all have a GREAT day!
And Smile, it confuses people... They wonder what YOU are up to...

Cheers~
Mike

1 cup milk
1 cup SR flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 can peaches
1 stick butter

Butter is melted in a 9" x 9" baking dish while mixing milk, flour and vanilla. The batter is poured over the butter and un-drained peaches (or other fruit) is placed on top . Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until crust is browned.

edited to add sugar (very important
SR? Self rising?
Butter? How much?

Well, that recipe sounded good, so I tossed in the ingrediants and made it. I had no idea how much butter, so I cut a stick in half and melted it on the stove before adding the flour mixture. It is now in the oven and I have 36 minutes before it is done. We will see how it turns out.....

Yes flour is self rising. I think my buddy used 1/2 stick butter instead of 1 stick. I have some frozen blueberries I am going to try. My wife used to make in-a-minute cobbler. Prolly same thing only she made it in a glass loaf pan. So a deep dish cobbler.

Last edited:
This guy came and installed my OTR microwave in like 10 minutes. By himself. That includes removing the old one. I'm awestruck. I was busy working but regret not watching to see what kind of evil sorcery he used.

Anyway, I already like the new one more: you can turn the beeping off!

went for a walk down at the water... saw a boat from Auckland, New Zealand...

Today, I have to take the newest truck in for its oil and lube... Not sure when the oil was changed last,,,
time... and hate not snowing if it's synthetic.. or normal... But I think there is a filter if it's synthetic... Guess time will tell...
Not sure if still there but used to be a wooden personal boat like older 36 foot cabin cruiser docked at a house in the wealthy Colony estates neighborhood across the river that the transom said Monte Carlo for location under the name... doubt it cruised across the Atlantic, likely shipped over...
I always thought New Zealand was north of Australia but noticed a few years ago it's south east of Australia... getting down near Antartica... BRRRRRRrrrrrrrr...
Was surprised to notice a couple years ago that at Walmart 5 quarts jug of regular motor oil was $12.99... and jug of full synthetic was only $13.99... of course, that's now more like $17.99 and $21.99... Would expect to have an oil filter no matter what type of oil?
Also, those jugs of oil all have electronic security devices on them now...

A buddy usually makes dinner once week for his brother and me. I go early we have a beer, maybe smoke a cigar and I may fix some small problem for him. He made us a delicious one cup peach cobbler.
Used to make beer bread... as I recall, ingredients are can of beer, SR flour, and sugar...
Also used the beer bread as crust when making pizza...

I was thinking of the best way to become a Billionaire, even though I would give most of it away... Anybody on here would have a better chance of figuring it out than others since we are more hands on and technical than the average person...

All you have to do is figure out how to invent a FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF *&%^&%$&^$%^%$^%$^%$^%&

Hold on...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF c%$@%$#%^$^%$&^$$&&%*&%*&%*&%&^%

Almost there...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ^#%$@#%%$%#%$#%$

Shoelace that doesn't knot.

Back