What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In California, with one energy provider (So Cal Edison), they charge what they want. They also were sued for power lines falling in a wind event, so this lawsuit was tacked on to our bill. Finally, the Public Utilities Commission, elected by our governor, are in bed with our governor, so what Edison wants, Edison gets. Combine this with 14 days of 100 degree heat, the electric cars our governor is pushing, the constant threat of "Brown Outs", and most bills run between $500 - $1000 a month.

I see "no common sense" abounds out there. I still think demanding more EV cars before the back up structure is in place (and affordable) is stupid.

I get to meet my Grand niece today. My niece and her husband are coming in from Germany for a few weeks. They came last year at this time and directly all got Covid. They were laid up for over a week. They didn't have the baby at that point.

I looked at my electric bill and I'm paying $0.063/KwH. My bill runs about $120 give or take.

I have heard Newsome's name mentioned if Biden doesn't run in 2024. That would be a train wreck, can't imagine him getting elected or the current VP for that matter. Based on the names that have been bantieed about by both parties I'll probably be voting 3rd party again, but we'll see how it shakes out in a couple years.

So.... I went out picked up prescriptions, went to Walmart, got me a new "Toy" HART Stack System, Mobile Tool Box for Storage and Organization, Fits Modular Storage System Robot or human?
I'm still debating on what all I will put in it, but I'd like to make it so that I am not stringing this between the garage and the inside of the house. Once the back porch is entirely cleaned off, thats where I would like to house it. Bought a tire inflator...... and again I didnt pay attention to what I was getting, bought a 12v..... thats ok. I need to be able to put air in my car tires also and I can just fill the riders tires out front.

Also..... front and back yard is MOWED. It took an entire gallon of gas and 2 hours for my .25 acre lot. I had to cut it at max height (5) go over it twice and then come back with a 3. Still needs weed-eated and all that but it looks much better. (However, it still looks snappy because it was a little damp)

I remembered that I needed another piece of paperwork to go to the courthouse, so that will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday.

Washing my blankets today and I think I am gonna make spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.

I have heard Newsome's name mentioned if Biden doesn't run in 2024. That would be a train wreck, can't imagine him getting elected or the current VP for that matter. Based on the names that have been bantieed about by both parties I'll probably be voting 3rd party again, but we'll see how it shakes out in a couple years.

Well, the scenario is that Newsom or someone like him will be picked as Kamala's VP... That will never work if the Republicans take the Senate though.

Joe is done. There's no other way to put it. He either resigns before January, or he will be impeached. IF he isn't impeached, the Republicans might as well resign themselves.

I don't know if they can Impeach Kamala at the same time, but lets say they can't... She picks her VP that doesn't pass, so there is no VP and she sits there for a few months before she's impeached. Since there is no VP, the Speaker of the House... Hopefully Jim Jordan becomes President until 2024.

President Trump has been mentioned as a potential Speaker of the House, but I would only want that if he doesn't run for President.

Front yard..... I see an area I forgot to go back over.
20220923_193845.jpg
Before
20220923_163914.jpg

After

I can't tell a huge difference in the pics, but it certainly looks better.

Tomorrow my daughter is coming over to help me (so she can earn has money since she just started a new job and I have closed the bank of Mom). I think I am going to put tarps down between the houses..... to serve 2 purposes. 1, to kill the grass off faster and eliminate me needing to drive the lawn mower over there because there are 2 holes, and for 2... to move all those bags of stuff Round closer to that gate so that when the dumpster arrives, it will be closer to carry to dumpster.

This way, I can take the chair/loveseat (not sure which it is yet) that's on the back porch and put it outback and burn it. Its too big to put in the dumpster believe. If I don't burn it, it can at least sit on the tarps after everything else is gone until community clean up next spring.

I still have a storage unit and a metal 8x10ish building to go through. I feel like this is going to take forever and ever.

I did consider having a hitch installed and renting a trailer, but idk that I want to be bothered with all of that.

I did not install the over thar range hood yet. Idk if I will this stretch off or not at this point. I hate having to get in the car and go places every day or even every other day when I am off and there are several days I have to.

I do think that I have decided on what I am going to put in my mobile tool box, so I might work on that some while I am off.
Id like to do it tonight, but I am worn out from what little I did do today, and my daughter will be bringing her dogs over tomorrow with her, so they will be wild and so happy to be able to run and play, so no resting there 🤣🤣.

I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner..... it was ok. I got the meatballs at Sam's, baked them per directions and them simmered in pasta sauce..... it was just ok.

Hope everyone has had a good day!

I Almost forgot to mention I made a meatloaf with mashed potatoes and greens beans for dinner, tossed some crescent rolls in the oven too. It was a good meal!
Sounds delish... Love meatloaf @shan2themax...

Well, today went pretty much as planned, Went to the dump... Then to the garage where the safety was done on the truck... and we agreed on half on the cost of the bearing and taxes... So that was kewl... Then took Carl down for his walk down on the river walk... Was a little chilly today... We got home, and the wife mentioned she would like to go over to her sister's for a visit... So we spent the afternoon there and got home at about 5... Had supper, and now relaxing, and telling you all about my day

I can see the difference, Shan. It looks a lot better.
After watching videos on Youtube (mostly on cleaning) I washed some dishes, sauteed some mushrooms, cooked some yellow rice, went to the store to get some stuff (we were out of butter spray and low on some other stuff). Heated up shrimp scampi for Mom and put rice in it, and scrubbed at the stains in my sink with pumice stones from the nail care section. Lightly scrubbed the sink (which I'd left a paper towel soaked in vinegar in) and got more of the stains out. I want to scrub more when the drain is removed so I can get the area that shows around the drain. Left a paper towel soaked in vinegar on the vinyl floor where there's a red stain to see if it would help remove it. No luck. I may try again later. For now I'm going to take a nap.

I can see the difference, Shan. It looks a lot better.
After watching videos on Youtube (mostly on cleaning) I washed some dishes, sauteed some mushrooms, cooked some yellow rice, went to the store to get some stuff (we were out of butter spray and low on some other stuff). Heated up shrimp scampi for Mom and put rice in it, and scrubbed at the stains in my sink with pumice stones from the nail care section. Lightly scrubbed the sink (which I'd left a paper towel soaked in vinegar in) and got more of the stains out. I want to scrub more when the drain is removed so I can get the area that shows around the drain. Left a paper towel soaked in vinegar on the vinyl floor where there's a red stain to see if it would help remove it. No luck. I may try again later. For now I'm going to take a nap.
Hey there @zannej, I know it's hard to believe, but in everything I have seen is by adding baking soda... think it might help with the stain on the floor...??

Redneckgrump, that is my next step. Add baking soda over the stain, soak a rag in vinegar and put it over the stain and see if it does anything. Mom accidentally unplugged the phoneline. I need to get a longer cord so it doesn't happen again. Need something around 15' but shortest Walmart has is 25ft and that is too much.

To vote 3rd party is just throwing your vote away. You may as well just save the ink in your pen.
IMO voting for "the lesser of evils" is throwing your vote away. I have done that in the past and I'm not doing it anymore. I hear that all the time and if everyone keeps doing that you get what we got. I will no longer follow the herd. Also Trump will never be Speaker of the House. His outsized ego would never allow him to do that. I'm hoping one of the major parties can come up with someone worth voting for but I'm not optimistic. Trump will probably continue to derail the Republicans and the Democrats will probably stick with the incumbent, either Biden or Harris. I highly doubt anyone will be successfully impeached. If a president can incite a crowd to break into the capital of the US and not be successfully impeached I don't know what it takes.

My woods are full of small birds. They are flitting about too fast to get a positive ID. I am thinking they may be migratory goldfinches (in winter color) stopping in for a snack.

If a president can incite a crowd to break into the capital of the US and not be successfully impeached I don't know what it takes.
Ok. Please post the video in which he incited people, especially considering the attack happened before he was finished speaking.

Then, Please provide proof that his supporters were the attackers, considering that every single other speech in the History of President / Candidate Trump had and has no violence.

Then, Please discuss why his supporters would rather be attacking than at his speech, perhaps the only time they could see him live.

Then, Please discuss the role of Antifa and their leader John Sullivan, who dressed up as a Trump supporter that day.

Then, Please discuss the undercover FBI agents that led the riot.

I'll wait.

If a president can incite a crowd to break into the capital of the US and not be successfully impeached I don't know what it takes.
The police opened the doors and let them in. They didn't set that Federal Building on fire like Democrats were doing every day for a year. It's not illegal for any good American to be in The People's House.

California Governor Newsom is doing alot of posturing lately, and I believe he will be the front runner for the Democratic Party. We attempted to recall him twice for his "do as I say, not do what I do" attitude, but the Democratic counters dismissed 3/4 of the signatures because their pens hit the outside of the signature box.

If Gavin isn't installed as "President" after Joe is ousted, I hope he is the one and only for the Dems in 24 because the dude obviously can't manage your State, much less the Country. Anybody like Trump or Desantis would eviscerate him. They wouldn't even be able to cheat.

I think they will run Hillary though, she will say so and they will do it because she has dirt on everyone.

Latest posts

Back