What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I don't have too much respect for drug dealers masquerading as "Doctors" unless they exhibit some kind of intelligence outside their Pharma taught "education"... If they have any clue how the body works, I will engage in conversation.

Don't get me wrong, I treat them with respect and even call them "Doctor" until I know if they are one or not. If they are arrogant and think they own the world, I ask them what to give a patient that is having a myocardial infarction. Most Allopathic physicians don't expect a patient to call a Heart Attack by the medical jargon.

I will also ask them what to take for blank organ problems, as I know common spices / herbs for all of them. If they are really arrogant, I will tell them I know more about medicine than them and my only student loan is my Internet connection. That's when they walk away.

Don't get me wrong part 2, that has almost never happened. I don't look for an argument, but know how to win it at all times. The thing that irritates me, though, is "We will put you on ___ drug for ____"...

"No, your side of WE didn't ask my side of WE if that was okay."

Nurses are great though, I don't flip them any attitude, just correct them that the arm should be slightly raised for BP instead of laying on the arm rest.

The thing that irritates me, though, is "We will put you on ___ drug for ____"...

"No, your side of WE didn't ask my side of WE if that was okay."
Yeah, Ruby is pretty good at that. She tells her doctor that SHE (Ruby) knows her body best and "this" is what she needs. Her doctor listens and usually does what she says. I told Ruby after the last time I was at the doctor's office that I need to consult with her before I go in so I have a more thought out plan of attack.
Nurses are great though, I don't flip them any attitude, just correct them that the arm should be slightly raised for BP instead of laying on the arm rest.
Yes, nurses are great and highly underrated. My neighbor is a forensic nurse (what ever that means). She came over three times before, during and after I had covid two weeks ago. One night, Ruby texted her that I had chills and our neighbor's husband (who is an ER doctor) came right over to check on me. I got a home - ER visit!

Good Morning Folks!

Well, it's Friday, Not really sure where this week went... But we are like 23 days away from Christmas... I told Lorie, that if we are going Christmas shopping, we need to do it soon... I hate standing in lines... So, probably the next day or so, we will be heading out to shop...

Well, the other pickup is sold and gone... the laneway looks so big now... But I am relieved the green pickup is gone...I believe it's going to be turned into a farm truck...

Started the housing for the new dishwasher, and I have the sizes, but since the accident, I have become a visual guy, but want to put it where I want it, and then put up the other wall and go from there...

I forgot to mention, Redneckgrump, that sometimes dishwashers are only 21" wide. They have more compact ones. So, its best to measure as best as you can.. Is your dishwasher going to be anywhere near the sink?
@zannej it's 23.9 inches wide... and I am putting the dishwasher on the opposite side of the kitchen... So, later I need to watch YOUTUBE, and see how the plumbing is done...
I can't eat any gravy unless it's SOS

I can only eat Lorie's gravy which is always made from the beginning, I cannot eat grav y out of a can or a box..

@Ron Van Yes, nurses are great and highly underrated. My neighbour is a forensic nurse (whatever that means). She came over three times before, during and after I had covid two weeks ago. One night, Ruby texted her that I had chills and our neighbour's husband (who is an ER doctor) came right over to check on me. I got a home-ER visit!

I agree @Ron Van We need to treat our nurses better, and respect them, and I believe they should be paid better money...

Not sure what happened to my editing ^^^^^ and hopefully it works out... Well, we pick up the dishwasher this afternoon, it was not on the Tuesday afternoon truck... Plus I have a trip to the dump today... and hit the drugstore....

So, I hope YOU all have a GREAT Friday...And stay out of trouble, which I will not... Trouble seems to follow me... (grin)...
Cheers~

An alternative doctor told my wife and I to always remember that in the healthcare partnership the patient is the senior partner.

I found value in the local news last evening. As usual I had it on but was multitasking when I heard the words 'Balsam Range' I listened up learning that mandolin player, and founding member, Darren Nicholson has decided to leave Balsam Range to pursue his own solo career.

About that time to start saying I'm going PALEO starting on January 1st... I usually do something along the lines of Paleo every year, and I feel much better without any Wheat in my diet, and here is a good article on WHY...

I promise myself Paleo for the New Year... After lots of Burritos this month and Stuffing for Christmas on top of Stuffing with a side of Stuffing...

https://greenmedinfo.com/blog/200-clinically-confirmed-reasons-not-eat-wheat1

So... the structural engineer came by this morning, said he would email me the report over the weekend.
I have an appt this afternoon 😩 with a new therapist..... I don't wanna go but am going to suck it up.
I have felt "weird" all morning. I don't feel stressed but who am I to recognize that? Lol
I think I am just potentially low key panicky for some reason... idk.

What I do know is that a nap would fix it and I can't take one currently lol.😆

Thank you everyone to the love of nurses. It is very much appreciated.

Speaking of what did you dos..... I belong to a public service student loaf forgiveness reddit and people kept posting that their payments hand been updated (for forgiveness..... must work for a qualify non-profit, and certain professions I think, and make 120 payments toward loans), so I went to the Mohela site and logged in..... Holey Moley it updated to 110/120 and I still have a few they are verifying employment.... I was in tears!!! Can I just tell you how life changing that would be?????.
I was innthe Walmart parking lot when I checked and I just sat there and cried and sang some praises!

Anywho, maybe I will attempt a 45 minute nap before I leave.

Hope everyone has a good day (and I hope this weird sensation goes away)

Another plug for nurses. I met an ER nurse who (as a friend) helps a friend and neighbor of mine with her shopping. I don't know how we got on the subject but she said never drive with a full bladder. I was thinking for obvious reasons but she said the bladder could actually burst in an accident. My guess is that a seatbelt might even be the bladder's enemy in this case.

it's 23.9 inches wide... and I am putting the dishwasher on the opposite side of the kitchen... So, later I need to watch YOUTUBE, and see how the plumbing is done...
They usually put the dishwasher next to the sink to make life easier. In your case, if you are more than 3 meters (9.8 feet) from the sink, you will have to install a P trap and a vent for the DW. You can use an AAV for the vent. From what I read, you still should use a High Loop or check valve to prevent the DW from sucking in dirty water from the drain. Another guy suggested a setup like a clothes washer drain. Here's Whirlpool's drain requirements:

DRAIN REQUIREMENTS ■ Use the new drain hose supplied with your dishwasher. If this is not long enough, use a new drain hose with a maximum length of 9.8 ft (3 m) from the sink that meets all current AHAM/ IAPMO test standards, is resistant to heat and detergent. ■ Connect drain hose to waste tee or disposer inlet above the drain trap in the house plumbing and 20" (50.8 cm) minimum above the floor. It is recommended that the drain hose be either looped up and securely fastened to the underside of the counter, or be connected to an air gap. ■ Use an air gap if the drain hose is connected to house plumbing lower than 18" (45.7 cm) above the floor.

1670007430879.png

An alternative doctor told my wife and I to always remember that in the healthcare partnership the patient is the senior partner.

I found value in the local news last evening. As usual I had it on but was multitasking when I heard the words 'Balsam Range' I listened up learning that mandolin player, and founding member, Darren Nicholson has decided to leave Balsam Range to pursue his own solo career.
They're from NC! No wonder you like them...and Christian too.

Balsam Range

Speaking of what did you dos..... I belong to a public service student loaf forgiveness reddit and people kept posting that their payments hand been updated (for forgiveness..... must work for a qualify non-profit, and certain professions I think, and make 120 payments toward loans), so I went to the Mohela site and logged in..... Holey Moley it updated to 110/120 and I still have a few they are verifying employment.... I was in tears!!! Can I just tell you how life changing that would be?????.
I was innthe Walmart parking lot when I checked and I just sat there and cried and sang some praises!
Ruby has been monitoring this for several years. Our oldest son took on significant student loan (against my advice) but the catch is that the parents are required to pay back part of it too. Ruby retired from one of those included professions that qualify for loan forgiveness after 10 years (120 payments) if…there are no missed payments (check), and the loan hasn’t been refinanced (check).

Ok.... so I figured out what was wrong with me this morning. A medicine that I take occasionally when my stomach is being a jerk..... can cause slow to stir panic attacks.... I figured it out about 20 minutes into it..... I took a 15 minute nape, and talked myself out of sensatioms for a solid hour.
Note to self...... DO NOT take that med again

I liked the new therapist, I think that he will be helpful. We shall see. I am looking forward to getting through the dumb stuff and giving my body a break!

Making tacos 🌮 for dinner... my youngest is coming over, oldest is sick, middle lives here. Youngest insists on Mexican rice. So I suppose I will concede and make it.

Hope everyone is well! I think I might either read some or work on the puzzle.... I still haven't finished, while I am cooking dinner.

I put the final (hopefully) Christmas decoration up today. It’s probably wishful thinking. I’ll go out tonight when it’s dark and make adjustments on everything. I’m sure you all are busy with decorations since it’s now officially post Thanksgiving.

Started putting down flooring for a little area that leads to my mother in law’s part of the house. First step was to remove all the baseboards. Step two was to put floor leveler on some areas where the tile lipage was out of limits.

DA8598DC-CA1D-4B33-8215-C9AC77A3D7C4.jpeg
I’m going to have to cut the bottom of the door to clear the new flooring. I also have to cut the existing stair bullnose so I can install bullnose that matches the new flooring.

Today we put up the tree after dinner. It's one of those pre-lit frosted ones and it shed white stuff all over the place. I have a Santa hat that's black and says "BAH HUMBUG" on it that I always wear when we put up our decorations. I wore it and didn't get upset about the tree.

I decided to ask google. The only one I knew for sure was cotter.

8 DIFFERENT TYPES OF PINS​

Several types of retaining pins.

When you need to fasten or align two components, there are many hardware solutions available to you. One common option is pins, which fit into pre-drilled holes and make up their own class of fasteners. There are numerous types of pins, and all of them operate a little differently to suit different situations.
Due to their many design options and ease of use, pins are popular fasteners. Let’s look at a few of the more common types.

1. LINCH PINS

Linch Pin
Linch pins have their own built-in locking mechanism in the form of a loop that runs through the head of the pin. Once the pin is inserted, the loop snaps down, holding the pin in place.

2. COTTER PINS

Cotter pin
Made of a softer, more pliable metal, cotter pins are similar in shape to a bobby pin, but they’re straight on both sides. Once a cotter pin is inserted through a hole, its legs are bent back to keep it from falling out.

3. HAIR PINS

Hair pin
Like cotter pins, hair pins consist of one continuous piece of metal that’s straight on one side and curved at the top, but they’re made of a firmer substance so as to remain stiff. The straight leg of the pin is inserted into a hole while the other holds it in place.

4. CLEVIS PINS

clevis pin
These pins have a machined head on one end that prevents them from slipping through their insertion hole. They also have a small hole (or series of holes) drilled into the bottom, as clevis pins often work in conjunction with other types of pins that help them remain in place.

5. WIRE LOCK PINS

wire lock pin
Wire lock pins are designed with a hearty “wire” attached to the head of the pin that curves over the body in a spring-like mechanism and loops around the end to hold it in place.

6. HITCH PINS

hitch pin
This type of pin is often used in conjunction with other pins. Hitch pins come in many different sizes, and many are big enough to tow large vehicles. They have a handle at the top for easier grabbing and usually feature a hole in the body where another pin can be inserted to keep the hitch pin from falling out.

7. SPRING PINS

roll pin
All pins mentioned so far generally leave a lot of room for movement — not the spring pin. Also called a roll pin, this type of pin acts as a spring, contracting upon insertion, pushing outward and ultimately locking into place.

8. DOWELS

cylinder head dowel Powerstroke diesel
Like spring pins, dowels are meant for a snug fit. They’re used in automotive and furniture assembly to center and couple two components.

Latest posts

Back