What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bout with Covid, symptoms were;

Day one: shivers, malaise, some phlegm (no color), little appetite

Day two: elevated temp (101.4), elevated malaise, loose stool, some phlegm (no color), no appetite

Day three: covid test positive, temp near normal, no malaise, loose stool, less phlegm (no color), appetite is returning

Day two: elevated temp (101.4), elevated malaise, loose stool, some phlegm (no color), no appetite

Day three: covid test positive, temp near normal, no malaise, loose stool, less phlegm (no color), appetite is returning
Glad you're feeling better!

Good you're getting back to normal, hit the Vitamin C hard to finish it off.

Never fed Birds before, but figured I would to give the Cats entertainment, every second they are distracted is one less claw in my shooting range eligible furniture... All I have seen for the last week is Pigeons... I had a lot of Maggies, but don't know what happened to them.

I buy whatever motor oil is cheapest. My last purchase was Ace Hardware on sale.
Before the plandemic, Walmart's SuperTech motor oil was 5 quarts for $12.99 and I was surprised to see full synthetic was 5 quarts for $13.99... of course, that's more like $23.99 now... and the jugs have electronic security devices on them now...
Was in Walmart today, saw a tooth brush on the floor, picked it up to put back on display, a kid's decorative tooth brush and surprised to see an electronic security device on it, as well...

Last edited:
I went to the ophthalmologist late Monday and picked up a few grocery items on the way home. I had some chills yesterday then would get too hot if I turned up the quartz tower. Today I have a slight temperature and am just relaxing, taking extra vitamin C, zinc and spraying nose and throat with 1% povidone.
Like a 'fever'... feel cold, but actually burning up... likely one of the Covid flus...

Luxury vinyl planks (LVP). First time I’ve used LVP. Pretty easy to install but we’ll see how long it lasts. This is Mannington Adura Max. 8mm thick with a 1mm pad built in. 20mil wear layer. Sonoma Cork is the color.
Well, at least you didn't get "Wellmade" from Costco... It failed in multiple places in my high traffic living room / kitchen... I should have spent more, but first time also.

Well, at least you didn't get "Wellmade" from Costco... It failed in multiple places in my high traffic living room / kitchen... I should have spent more, but first time also.
How long did it last? Did the locking mechanism fail or the wear layer?

Last edited:
Yesterday my 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle went from "spotty" to "almost done" because I get severely addicted to those things and neglect all other areas of my life to work on them. I brought a 64oz water bottle down there with me and forgot to drink it most of the time. I look up and hours have gone by and I'm astonished at myself. I think that puzzle by itself has annexed 5 or 6 hours that would have gone just for sleeping. Well, I'm sure I'll finish it today.

I don't have the patience to build a puzzle, read a book, or even meditate. The closest I get is what I am currently doing. I am perusing the forums while blasting Andrea Bocelli on my set of Sonos speakers. Ava Maria is currently blasting.

How long did it last? Did the locking mechanism fail or the wear layer?
About 15 months or so... The wear layer is fine, I guess. It's almost impossible to scratch, which reassures me for whatever future brand I choose, maybe the technology is the same...

Attachments

• Floor.JPG
    Floor.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Opera is where I draw the line... NOPE... Just like Liver... If Opera was on in the house, that's fine... I'll sit there with earbuds in watching anything else... I'll watch the Knitting Championships if I have to...

I don't have the patience to build a puzzle, read a book, or even meditate. The closest I get is what I am currently doing. I am perusing the forums while blasting Andrea Bocelli on my set of Sonos speakers. Ava Maria is currently blasting.
I love Andrea Bocelli especially Autumn Leaves.

Anyone else feel like it's midnight for the last few hours?
I didn't do much today, went to Sam's and Walmart... I've been struggling to stay awake all evening.
I'm wishing I had bought cookie dough while I was at Sam's, because I want a nice soft warm cookie and I am entirely too lazy today to mix up the dough. I thought about making brownies in a bit, we shall see.
I almost forgot to wash my scrubs that I will need for the next 3 days.... apparently walking around in the stores wore me out and made me goofy... lol

I can't believe that Christmas is in 2 weeks already... time goes by so quickly when we get older.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful day!

Shan, sorry the price of fixing the sagging floor is so expensive.
Eddie, I hope you recover quickly. I've heard a lot of people say that in the first week they get sick and then feel better and then get feeling really sick toward the end. So it comes and goes.

My brother found some Life Water brand stuff with Zinc and drank a bunch and said he's feeling better.

Ron, the floor looks good!

Spicoli, unless it's glue down, you may be able to pull up the floor and fix that if it's separating. That's one of the nice things about the clicklock stuff. But it's a total pain to do. My friend had to take apart the vinyl plank in his bathroom to clean under it bc his grandfather made the toilet overflow. Clogged the toilet up so badly he had to get a new toilet bc nothing would clean it out. We think he flushed non-flushable wet wipes down it.

Took Mom for bloodwork on Friday. While waiting, two women came on. One had two canes. The other (who was very talkative and funny) said "that's the last time I push you down the stairs!" They both then explained what happened. They are sisters. Injured lady hurt her back & her leg stopped working. She fell down. Talkative lady said her husband woke her up and 2am and said "You have to go pick up your sister!" Literally had to pick her up off the floor. Then a one-legged man in a powered scooter rolled in. I saw him struggling to grab a number so I got it for him. Talkative lady opened the door to the office so he could roll in when his number was called. He said since the door pushed in he could get in by himself but would have trouble getting out. She told him she'd only open the door to let him out if he was good. The walls are all glass so you can see in. When it was time for him to come out, she went in and opened the door for him. He said "I guess I was good!" She said "I'm being a good samaritan for now, but later I'll return to being evil!" So that was entertaining. We grabbed food from a local place and headed home.

Saturday my brother and I went to vote-- municipal elections. There were 3 things on the ballot. We were the first people there and they hadn't turned on the voting machines. They apparently redistricted us so we are no longer in the same district. We used to be in the district of one of the old ladies. But now we are in the district of an old man- who has to manually write the names of the voters on a piece of paper. He was right across the table from the old lady and she was having to shout to him for him to hear. She kept repeating my brother's name over and over and spelling it out. He finally got it. He got mine more easily. We showed our IDs and signed before voting. Other than waiting for the machines to boot up, it was pretty quick. We were going to get mail but they closed off the main road (which has the post office) for some stupid parade or something.

I could not get to sleep last night because of my arm/shoulder throbbing. Not super painful or anything but just that level of annoyance that stops me from being able to sleep. Tossed & turned all night. Finally got to sleep & Mom woke me up to go to Walmart to get her some vitamins. My brother tagged along and got more Life Water. He insisted we pop in to see our friend. I told him no more than 5min. He ends up going to the bathroom which took over 15min. I kept telling him we needed to go but he ignored me. Then Mom called and said she wanted food so we had to go. Next time I'm just leaving him.

I ate a salad & am tired enough to nap but we'll see if my shoulder will cooperate.

Back