What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever done a 2 day Water / Tea fast, Redneck? If not, I can give an outline that worked for me. It's real easy, since you're asleep for 18 of it anyway probably.

Ok Redneck... First, stock up on Organic teas in the bags that you like because water is probably too boring by itself. Unfortunately, it isn't a Beer fast or a Dr. Pepper fast, no Alcohol or Sugar allowed.

Get some boxes of Organic Bone Broth if you wish, it will help with gut healing. L-Glutamine is also good, but I would save that for after the fast in a Protein shake or something.

Get a jar of Organic Coconut Oil in glass, don't want the plastic contaminated version.

Have some Organic Sea Salt / Himalayan Pink Salt to add to the water, a pinch will do better than what a Gatorade would do.

All Organic because when repairing the body, it defeats the purpose to add chemicals / pesticides.

Have stuff to do like read or binge TV. When doing the fast, it isn't the time to do manual labor, isn't the time to run around town either... Low key chillin out at home.

Have a notepad to keep track unless you're real good at stats in your head. You might want to take your tests like BP before the fast and BP after...

Hour 0, before bed, have a small meal., track time you finish, Start of fast

Upon waking, have 8-16 ounces of Water, Heated Bone Broth or Tea / Combo... Space it out the whole hour if you want.

Awake hour 2... Repeat

Awake hour 3... Repeat, you might want to have a TSP of Coconut Oil. When your body is burning nothing but Fat, it will ask for Sugar, which you aren't providing, but the Coconut Oil will trick the body into thinking you ate Sugar. If you have a whole body weak feeling, that's the Sugar craving.

Repeat the Coconut Oil every 3 or 4 Hours.

Another reason to hang out at home... You will be peein of course, but all that fluid comes out both sides... No make plans, Senor!

Just keep going all day, probably quit a couple hours before bed.. Repeat the second day and then you could technically break the fast that night, but you could push it through to the next morning and then have a real "Break-Fast"...

You might find you can even go a 3rd day. I have never been hungry doing the fast, actually the opposite. There has never been a loss of energy, but then again it doesn't take much to sit on the couch for 3 days...

I have read some people have a lot of energy, love doing the fast and commit to do it once a Month as a tune up because that's when your body burns off tons of dead cellular waste. Your body is thanking you for this opportunity to supercharge itself. If it sucked and was brutal, people wouldn't do it.

The fast, which usually turns into a Keto / Paleo lifestyle, is how Functional Medicine Doctors make Diabetes and other diseases vanish into thin air. "What drugs? I don't take RX drugs anymore."

Good Luck!

A friend had to call animal control for a nuisance dog. The dog lives somewhere near him but prefers hanging out at his place. The dog appears to be a heeler mix and doesn't wear a collar. It stole a door mat from his deck, strowed his trash all over his yard, stole one golf shoe from his garage and jumps on him and guests seeking attention. When animal control came he didn't have to catch the dog he just tossed a treat into the van and he jumped in. I am going to track him on the shelter website for the peace off mind of of my friend.

A bit of good news is that the lead animal control officer is a friend of his so I can gain some favor if if the shelter ever has a dog I want. A transfer may be workable if a dog appears in another shelter not too distant.

Yesterday it rained all day. Internet went down in the afternoon. I slept most of the day because rain makes me sleepy. Then I emptied the trash in the kitchen and filled up another bag. I'm waiting for my brother to haul it out but I will probably have to end up doing it. He left for work before internet was working again today. I had to reboot the modem.

The weather has me feeling cruddy so I'm resting. I cleaned litterboxes, fed kitties, and watched Guy's Grocery Games..

The civil asset forfeiture stuff really boils my blood sometimes. How much $ did that guy have to spend on lawyers to get back his $ ? It's quite literally highway robbery when they take someone's $ and stuff and then try to find excuses to keep it even when there are no criminal charges. Although, at least there was an inventory and admission of the stuff being taken. Where I live the cops will pocket $ and claim it never existed.

Speaking of local cops, they actually came in handy for once. A friend of mine (not the same one I talk about all the time) heard some 22-yr-old girl's sob story about being abused & homeless so he let her stay in a room in his house for free until she could find a place to live. Of course she completely took advantage of the situation and, without his knowledge, was making TikTok videos sporting fake bruises (makeup) claiming he went in there and beat the crap out of her every day, she was terrified of him, he was evil & she needed $ to escape from him. He was at work when most of these alleged assaults took place. This is a guy who never hit a woman in his life & never would. He is not a violent person at all. She said his name and people knew who he was and where he lived. He started getting death threats & she had people plotting to gang up and go attack him. Another friend of his showed him her videos and said "You need to get her out of your house". So he called the local cops, showed them the videos and they knew she was lying. He said he wanted her removed from his house asap. She came out with a fake black eye and admitted to them it was makeup. They told her to get one change of clothes and to get out and that if she wanted more of her stuff she could call them to come with her to retrieve it. She declined (probably hoping to accuse him of more stuff) so he called her boyfriend and had the boyfriend collect her stuff. Took vidoe and pictures as proof that the boyfriend had it & she had no reason to come back.

I will have to go to the store tomorrow & stop by the insurance company bc the jerks upped the premiums again and autopay only paid the old premium amount so they are threatening to cancel insurance for owing a portion of the premiums.

I tried a cheap vacuum pump for keeping wine fresh but couldn't get the rubber stoppers to hold a vacuum. If it worked as advertised my plan was to give it to my friend and order another for myself. I returned it to Walmart on the way to my friends house. In retrospect I may have been able to get it to work by warming the rubber stopper in warm water. I have CO₂ for carbonation so I will devise a way to displace the air with CO₂. However that won't help my friend.

Screenshot 2023-01-25 10.48.49 PM.png

Glad you were able to return it, Eddie.

We just had to order a new air fryer. Ours got killed from all the power surges. It's currently on sale for under $80 if anyone is interested
https://www.amazon.com/GoWISE-USA-12-7-Quarts-Rotisserie-Dehydrator/dp/B07LBZGD97/
Mom decided to get a larger type instead though. 32qt or something that can fit a 13" pizza. I'm going to have to bump the microwave over. Might have to mount a shelf for the can opener to sit on or something. I was going to make some burgers in the old air fryer and it wouldn't turn on. I messed with the plug, tried different outlets. No luck. Made sure the outlets were working with other stuff. It will still sit there until I can get the new one put in. I had to transfer my burgers from the basket to a frying pan and one of my burgers split in half and half of it fell on the floor. Then a cat ran up and grabbed a big chunk out of the other burger.

My brother got home from work early so he brought me a salad.

Tomorrow I need to be more productive.

The civil asset forfeiture stuff really boils my blood sometimes. How much $ did that guy have to spend on lawyers to get back his $ ? It's quite literally highway robbery when they take someone's $ and stuff and then try to find excuses to keep it even when there are no criminal charges. Although, at least there was an inventory and admission of the stuff being taken. Where I live the cops will pocket $ and claim it never existed.
Thank our president. He made it a thing back in the 70s when he wanted to look tough on crime. (More like tough on basic rights.)

Good Morning Ladies, Gentlemen...

Well, at this very moment, we are getting buried in snow, we have approximately 8 inches of snow on the ground now, and it's supposed to snow till 3 or 4 this afternoon... Just hope the highways are cleared for tomorrow (Friday) morning. We have to head to the big city at about 5:30 in the morning for an 8:00 morning appointment...

Well, Lorie and I joined the YMCA yesterday for 3 months to get us to the warmer months. Trying to fill the time we are missing with Carl...So, we will be starting there Monday Morning, Going to try M, W, and F mornings... Start with aqua exercises and then chair yoga, and some exercises, so we'll see what that does for us...

Ok Redneck... First, stock up on Organic teas in the bags that you like because water is probably too boring by itself. Unfortunately, it isn't a Beer fast or a Dr. Pepper fast, no Alcohol or Sugar allowed.

Get some boxes of Organic Bone Broth if you wish, it will help with gut healing. L-Glutamine is also good, but I would save that for after the fast in a Protein shake or something.

Get a jar of Organic Coconut Oil in glass, don't want the plastic contaminated version.

Have some Organic Sea Salt / Himalayan Pink Salt to add to the water, a pinch will do better than what a Gatorade would do.

All Organic because when repairing the body, it defeats the purpose to add chemicals / pesticides.

Have stuff to do like read or binge TV. When doing the fast, it isn't the time to do manual labor, isn't the time to run around town either... Low key chillin out at home.

Have a notepad to keep track unless you're real good at stats in your head. You might want to take your tests like BP before the fast and BP after...

Hour 0, before bed, have a small meal., track time you finish, Start of fast

Upon waking, have 8-16 ounces of Water, Heated Bone Broth or Tea / Combo... Space it out the whole hour if you want.

Awake hour 2... Repeat

Awake hour 3... Repeat, you might want to have a TSP of Coconut Oil. When your body is burning nothing but Fat, it will ask for Sugar, which you aren't providing, but the Coconut Oil will trick the body into thinking you ate Sugar. If you have a whole body weak feeling, that's the Sugar craving.

Repeat the Coconut Oil every 3 or 4 Hours.

Another reason to hang out at home... You will be peein of course, but all that fluid comes out both sides... No make plans, Senor!

Just keep going all day, probably quit a couple hours before bed.. Repeat the second day and then you could technically break the fast that night, but you could push it through to the next morning and then have a real "Break-Fast"...

You might find you can even go a 3rd day. I have never been hungry doing the fast, actually the opposite. There has never been a loss of energy, but then again it doesn't take much to sit on the couch for 3 days...

I have read some people have a lot of energy, love doing the fast and commit to do it once a Month as a tune up because that's when your body burns off tons of dead cellular waste. Your body is thanking you for this opportunity to supercharge itself. If it sucked and was brutal, people wouldn't do it.

The fast, which usually turns into a Keto / Paleo lifestyle, is how Functional Medicine Doctors make Diabetes and other diseases vanish into thin air. "What drugs? I don't take RX drugs anymore."

Good Luck!
Thank you, Buddy, printed it and saved it to Word... Going to give it a shot, when I don't have to travel... Thank you again, Buddy!

Well, Girls and Boys, I hope YOU all have a wonderful day...
Cheers~

I tried a cheap vacuum pump for keeping wine fresh but couldn't get the rubber stoppers to hold a vacuum. If it worked as advertised my plan was to give it to my friend and order another for myself. I returned it to Walmart on the way to my friends house. In retrospect I may have been able to get it to work by warming the rubber stopper in warm water. I have CO₂ for carbonation so I will devise a way to displace the air with CO₂. However that won't help my friend.

View attachment 29684
Putting a vacuum on a liquid will simply cause it to low temperature boil until the vacuum is filled in... although that may be OK to keep it fresh...

View attachment 29684
We have a pump real similar to that with the rubber corks. Seems to seal well enough. I'm not the wine drinker usually but I have used it and opened few bottles that were resealed and they popped when I pulled the cork. Don't know what model it is. Only thing I know for sure is it didn't come from Walmart.

I'm thinking that if I had immersed the rubber stoppers in very warm water first they might have worked. I could blow air through the stoppers in both directions. .However I mainly wanted it for my buddy and wanted something easy to use. It was on marketplace WM didn't have it on the shelf.

My son had a treat he saw a Ford GT40 on the street a few days ago. I didn't ask for details if it was rolling it may have been a GT nonetheless a treat.

Last edited:
Went to see the doctor at the VA this morning... he wasn't there... his kids had a school day and he stayed home to watch them... he was supposed to call me to warn me and for a Tele-Appointment... streets are just wet and there's that 2" of slushy snow on the grass... 2 snow days from school for that little bit of winter...

Back