What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not separate though. They alter the genes to make them less attractive to bugs, but the bugs resist, so in comes the chemical spraying. They might not need the spray, but they do it anyway. You have heard why Pharma Antibiotics don't work, right? The bacteria have evolved to resist everything that Pharma knows. Same thing with the "scourge" against the plants... Spray them full of poisons, that will keep the bugs away... Who cares about the health of the humans eating the "food"?

I didn't say anything about German people, I'm talking about the Nazis running IG Farben 2.0 today, the owners of Roundup.

Exactly. I figure, any genetic messing around we can do would amount to...what, at the worst? Making the food taste worse? Be less nutritious? Give you flatulence maybe? I don't think you can add a gene to a plant that would cause it to become toxic or carcinogenic...Well, maybe toxic, but you'd find out pretty quick.
I would like to see an intelligent review of GMO foods (fact vs rant). I do wonder about GMO corn that is not for human consumption‽

I would like to see an intelligent review of GMO foods (fact vs rant). I do wonder about GMO corn that is not for human consumption‽
Corn generally falls into two categories, right? Feed corn (i.e. grown to feed animals) and food corn (i.e. grown to feed humans--I don't know what it's called if not "food corn"). My best friends parents moved to a rural area and right behind them is a huge field where the farmers grow feed corn. Heck if I can tell the difference though.

I wonder if the people that think the Leftist media is just "The Leftist media", AKA they have their own thoughts and opinions, have changed their minds yet? If it WAS independent and not run by a shadow gubment, they wouldn't be talking about Biden and his Documents...

My question is who is taking him down? Soros is a given because he has his dirty hands in everything, but who else? It's well known that Obama and Biden hate each other, and I would mix in the Clintons of course...

It's not the Left eating the Left, though, which would be very enjoyable.

They can't install Kamala though because she's an Idiot, and they can't win with Newsom because nobody likes him, not even in Kommiefornia...

I put a pot of pinto beans on to simmer just in case I have bad weather and power outage. My pantry was getting bare and I didn't want to go to the market. I'll prolly bake some cornbread as well. That and a big onion and I am ready.

I don't fly, don't like heights since I was a little kid. I have flown once willingly non-civilian, and that's the last time. Because of the mandatory not really a vaccine rules for pilots, many are retiring early to the point that the FAA is considering flights with ONE pilot...

Yeah... No thanks.

A nice Doberman appeared on craigslist but it had a spay contract and no-one is going to tell me what to do with a dog after I own it. I understand that such contracts are not enforceable (especially across state lines) as dogs are considered property but I don't want to get involved with lawyers.

I put a pot of pinto beans on to simmer just in case I have bad weather and power outage. My pantry was getting bare and I didn't want to go to the market. I'll prolly bake some cornbread as well. That and a big onion and I am ready.
Glad to know you had the onion to finish it off. And that's a fine meal.

I'm getting where I hate to go into stores to shop. I'm getting too much better in being able to shop online. Heck even get my meats delivered once a month or bi monthly depending on how fast I use it.

https://www.cochrane.org/CD006207/A...-stop-or-slow-down-spread-respiratory-viruses

Scientific review of randomized controlled trials indicate that masking does almost nothing or nothing to stop the spread of respiratory viruses?
From your article…
The pooled results of RCTs did not show a clear reduction in respiratory viral infection with the use of medical/surgical masks. There were no clear differences between the use of medical/surgical masks compared with N95/P2 respirators in healthcare workers when used in routine care to reduce respiratory viral infection. Hand hygiene is likely to modestly reduce the burden of respiratory illness, and although this effect was also present when ILI and laboratory-confirmed influenza were analysed separately, it was not found to be a significant difference for the latter two outcomes.

Ron, will you be putting other light fixtures back where the ceiling fans were removed? Ceiling is looking good.
I patched the holes where the ceiling fans were because they were in the wrong places. I reinstalled one of them over the bed but had to install a new box for it. The second fan is an unknown at this time. I have access to the attic above so I can put a light wherever I want.
I just saw on the news that some brand of artificial tears eye drops have been recalled bc they have already caused multiple cases of blindness and at least one death from infection. Somehow they got contaminated.

Glad I don't use eye drops.
Ruby uses eye drops ever since she poked her eye with a stick last summer. She scratched her cornea. Luckily, she doesn’t use that brand eye drops but she does use a preservative free brand.

Ron, will you be putting other light fixtures back where the ceiling fans were removed? Ceiling is looking good.
Here’s my patch where the ceiling fan was after I removed the box and applied a hot patch. First pic is before paint.

1FC35BC1-6F59-4CAF-9873-166B0D2F40D2.jpeg
Second pic is after paint.
78485937-844B-4945-B310-9370E999ADD8.jpeg

Got the ceiling painted. Also painted the crown molding, window trim and baseboard.

8DBE0BA3-80D0-4EEC-A61D-E0A39AA69F8F.jpeg

Tomorrow I’ll paint the walls.

Ruby uses eye drops ever since she poked her eye with a stick last summer. She scratched her cornea. Luckily, she doesn’t use that brand eye drops but she does use a preservative free brand.
Eye drops seem to make eyes weaker and more sensitive... contact lens wetting solution seems to make eyes tougher...

I wonder if the people that think the Leftist media is just "The Leftist media", AKA they have their own thoughts and opinions, have changed their minds yet? If it WAS independent and not run by a shadow gubment, they wouldn't be talking about Biden and his Documents...
In response to the recent discovery that Jokementia has stolen Govt Top Secret dockets strewn around everywhere in offices, homes, and garages, the NYTimes's sudden response is to run an article claiming that there are too many classified documents!

In response to the recent discovery that Jokementia has stolen Govt Top Secret dockets strewn around everywhere in offices, homes, and garages, the NYTimes's sudden response is to run an article claiming that there are too many classified documents!
He didn't steal them. He doesn't and never did have the brain power required. They were planted, probably since he became "President"

Been playing real Solitaire a lot, with a deck of cards instead of the computer "You mean you have to use your hands"? "Make like a tree and get out of here."

In doing so, I ran into the first complete shutout... After laying out the cards, I had no moves and going through the remaining deck, I had no moves at all. I would venture to say that has never happened to anyone besides me in the History of Solitaire.

Latest posts

Back