What do you call this decorative molding on cabinet fillers?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zannej

Reaction score
I'm trying to find the exact terms to be able to find this type of molding.
In the 1st picture, I believe the vertical pieces in the center are rope trim, but I'm not sure what you would call the sword hilt looking pieces. I'm guessing top and bottom are plinth blocks?
Base-Cabinet-Pull-Out-Shelf-Filler.jpg
For 2nd picture looks like plinth blocks for top and bottom. Again unsure on the pieces between that and the long vertical piece. Not sure what to call the long vertical piece. Sort of fluted?
Base-Cabinet-Pull-Out-Shelf-Filler2.jpg
The pictures are of a 3" filler shelf for Rev-A-Shelf.
I've tried terms like applique, pillaster, corbel, etc & haven't found these types of pieces. I've asked Rev-A-Shelf & they said it should be found in cabinet sections. I looked in cabinet sections of stores & didn't find this sort of trim.
I know it's not the filler panel because that is the plain face beneath the decoration.
Any ideas?

I don’t know the name but for me it is to look like a leg that supports the countertop. Like you took a turned leg and split it down the middle. Maybe search on something along those lines.

Thanks. Man, the price of those things... I think it would be cheaper to buy a prefab table leg & try to cut it in half. LOL.

You CAN buy table a leg and cut it. But the bottom may be smaller than the top so you would have to piece it also.

Thanks for this thread! I have been procrastinating about a small kitchen island on concealed fixed casters for mobility. From comments and googling island leg corbel I have decided to picture frame the narrow ends and use split table legs at the ends of the long sides. The good news is that I can do it with materials on hand.

Latest posts

Back