What do you guys do for fun?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, OK.

I'd have been fine with it either way, but I just thought I'd ask because I wasn't sure quite how to interpret what you'd said.

So far as the bags of water goes. I expect the most obvious explanation would be that a fly would "think" (if bugs like flies have brains sufficient enough for an actual thought process), that everything hovering in the air is flying, and anything larger than it could potentially consider the fly a meal. So, to the fly, the bags of water are potentially much larger flying insects that may want to eat it.

And, the way you'd test to see if that's what the flys are thinking is to see if you get exactly the same results using helium balloons instead. If the flys stay as far away from helium balloons as they do from bags of water, that suggests that it's not the bag or the water, it's the fact that it's big and can also fly, and that makes it potentially dangerous in the fly's mind.

My guess is that you'd probably get even better results by putting gold fish in the bags of water to provide movement that would further put the Fear of God in the flies.

My guess is that you'd probably get even better results by putting gold fish in the bags of water to provide movement that would further put the Fear of God in the flies.

Well, hanging a bag of gold fish around the deck won't work at my house. It would just be enough to give the misses grounds to have me committed, I'm on thin ice as it is. I don't think she would buy into the theory that gold fish in a bag are going to ward off those pesky fruit flies.

I'm going to try it and if you don't hear from me in a few days that means the goldfish won. On a serious note though. I'm glad you guys know I'm not a lady. I will be setting up controls around my house now although it seems like a long way to go to prove my brother in law who everybody knows is an idiot is in fact an idiot.

I doubt it. Are you constantly arguing about nothing just to get attention? Are you thirty and still living at home? Do you have a job but are always broke? Man I love my wife but her family is dumb in a way that's impressive considering evolution and survival of the fittest and all.

Listening Soft and old music is my hobby. and watching Family Drama Movies on t.v. like hum aapke hain kaun and hum saath saath hain.

Thanks

Hi Jyoti.

Reading your message gave me the comfort of knowing that the opposite side of the planet is still there.

Back