What else can go wrong

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pcnerd

Reaction score
I am in the middle of a room addition. The stucco guys came to prepare the wires/black papers nailed some staples into the wires near the electrical panel.

I ended up yelling at my contractor (wrong person that I yelled at).

On Tuesday morning I noticed the clock on the stove wasn't lid up. I verified the stove, pool pump and AC didn't work and inspected the panel and found 4 breakers jumped. I was able to switch the other breakers back fine and one breaker still kept on jumping (50 amp for AC condenser). Contractor came next day and found some staples on the wires. He pulled the staples out and the last breaker finally work.

I am going to strip the wires and inspect my myself and tape what is damaged. At this point I only trust myself.

nails.jpg

Last edited:
Did the stucco guys offer to fix the problem?

They haven't returned yet, waiting for drywall to be put up and inspector give the OK on both (stucco preparation/drywall screws) items.

Last edited:
Actually, lucky that it was bad enough to be found before everything was closed up.
Yea. Chasing the issue afterward would cause a headache. My contractor changed the new 200 amp panel and previous person had some wires that were "hot" being white color. Drove him crazy and myself. I had to actually come up the attic a few times to assist.

Is the meter on the outside to give the guy a hint that there was something there.
We put the pipes in the foundation for underground power, one of my boys measured over 32" to find a stud and nailed 6 nails into that pipe . It wasn't caught until they went to pull the wires in. He was the same guy that moved the stud over because the pipe was in the way.

I am currently stuccoing the front side of my residence. After the chicken wire was stapled, the installer had me check any and all power in the area, and said it is very common to hit power lines. As said before, it is a relatively easy fix before the stucco is installed, but a real bear afterwards.

Personally I would want the cable replaced not taped up.

Meter is located outside. I check and there were to wires with the skin nicked. Wrapped in tape and call it a day.

Back