What is a reliable company for siding?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RD55

Reaction score
I am going to put new vinyl siding on my house, what is a good company that someone can recommend?

Why not spend a little more, and have Hardiplank installed? The stuff is bullet-proof, and doesn't flutter and squeak in a moderate wind like most vinyl does.

Hardiplank? I haven't been in siding for a few years, and even then it was a brief stay, but I'm not familiar with hardiplank. Do you have a link or image of it?

There different qualities of vinyl. The problem is after you have it for a while, no one cares how much you paid for it."it is just vinyl siding" so go for price first. Stay out of the box stores.

so it looks just like regular siding, but is more durable. Yeah, I don't think I ever got to work with that stuff. Thanks for posting the link though oldog.

Snell, I like the stuff a lot. Downside is it does require painting, but its 10X better than vinyl. I'm not a big fan of vinyl myself, but I detest painting.

Up here we can buy Hardy pre primed or pre painted.

I hate painting as well and if I ever need to look into this stuff I would probably spring the extra money for pre painted stuff....unless its just ridiculously over priced. How much more expensive is the pre painted stuff vs the regular hardy?

Back