What is ORT?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyover

Trying not to screw things up worse
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with this forum but you may find this website interesting. I am trying to find out more about it as sometimes things seem too good to be true. US Resisters | Operation Resister Tyranny
Didn't want to pollute the "What did you do today" thread with politics, so I split this off here.

I clicked the link Eddie, but I couldn't make heads or tails of it. (Not without committing to read that website's wall of text, which I do not have time for right now.) From skimming it looks kinda like somebody didn't realize the Libertarian Party already exists. If you've found out more about it, can you explain what that site is and what it's all about?

Didn't want to pollute the "What did you do today" thread with politics, so I split this off here.

I clicked the link Eddie, but I couldn't make heads or tails of it. (Not without committing to read that website's wall of text, which I do not have time for right now.) From skimming it looks kinda like somebody didn't realize the Libertarian Party already exists. If you've found out more about it, can you explain what that site is and what it's all about?
It sounds like a noble cause but has no list of principals that are founding the movement or how it might work. I was an avid Tea partier but it fizzled as it contained too much "sheeple" DNA. I suspect ORT sprung out of the Libertarian Party but if so that may taint it as a third party is going nowhere in the US. Maybe it's a lobbying organization. I don't know and the website doesn't say.

Power tends to follow the money trail and doesn't reside in a single locus but in a complex network of institutions and key people pulling in different directions. It's frustrating and hard for a mere citizen to have any influence in such a network. That's why the ATF, the IRS and the FDA can so easily manipulate our lives w/o collaborating to actually foster conspiracy. Plus there always seem to appear shills who will support the agency position because they fear freedom (even for others).

Gotta be careful. That Flyover guy will be recommending you go for mental health checkup if you mention anything about government not being what it claims to be crazy.giffunny.gif

In the amatuer radio world QRT means signing o the air and shutting down.

I think the OP's question was... What is ORT, not QRT

Maybe that popcorn guy had a radio talk show
and they called it "Orville Redenbacher Talk"

That coluld be a meaning of ORT

Just off the top of my head, here's a few other possible meanings for the acronym ORT:

ORTOrnithobacterium Rhinotracheale (bacillus)
ORTOxford Reading Tree (UK)
ORTOutbreak Response Team (various locations)
ORTOpioid Replacement Therapy (medical procedure)
ORTOral Rehydration Therapy
ORTOdor Recognition Test (National Association of Canine Scent Work)
ORTOrchestra Regionale Toscana (Italian: Tuscany Regional Orchestra; Tuscany, Italy)
ORTOpen Road Tolling (electronic toll roadways)
ORTOut of Range Type
ORTOngoing Reliability Testing
ORTOld Republic Title (real estate title insurance)
ORTOverall Response Time
ORTOperation Restore Trust
ORTOff-Road Technology (vehicles)
ORTOhana Reef Towers (Hawaii)
ORTOperational Readiness Test
ORTOngoing Reliability Test(ing)
ORTOrganization for Educational Resources and Technological Training
ORTOzark Regional Transit (Arkansas)
ORTObject Relations Technique
ORTObject Recognition Test
ORTOptical Relay Tube
ORTOther Recurrent Transactions
ORTObschestvo Remeslenovo i Zemledelcheskovo Trouda (Russian: The Society for Trades and Agricultural Labour)
ORTOrthodromic Reciprocating Tachycardia (cardiology)
ORTOperational Readiness Training
ORTOriginal Reference Tree (property)
ORTObshchestvennoe Rossiiskoe Televidenie (Russian Public Television)
ORTOverland Radar Technology
ORTOrigin Rail Terminal
ORTOperationally Ready Time
ORTOver Roof-Top (electromagnetic wave propagation)
ORTOperational Reliability Test
ORTOperation Room Technician (medical)
ORTOwners Requirement Table (AVIONICS)
ORTOperational Requirements Tool
ORTOperand Rename Table
ORTOptimized Reverse-Tree

Back